Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Let me live damn! :damn: Since when has Hollywood given a shyt where an actor is from? I've seen Lou Diamond Phillips play a damn Native American :martin:

It's almost like they wanted to have Jedi without having Jedi. I thought this was supposed to be a military focused film. Black Hawk Down in space. It's what I wanted. My expectations are just let down :shaq2:. I'ma still be in that bytch day one.
Black Hawk down in space?? Where the flying fukk did you get these expectations dude? Blackhawk Down is one of the most tense, goriest, and genuinely disturbing films ever made. Why would a star wars film be in that vein?

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Black Hawk down in space?? Where the flying fukk did you get these expectations dude? Blackhawk Down is one of the most tense, goriest, and genuinely disturbing films ever made. Why would a star wars film be in that vein?
Because that would be awesome and tons of fans want to see a Star Wars film in that vain :dahell:. Obviously toned down but an outright military focused ground war. Look at the reactions when this was first announced. A lot of people were thinking a Rogue Squadron film or a military style film. Anyway clearly you enjoyed the trailer. Move on.

Check this thought in case ya'll never seen it. We need more of this.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Because that would be awesome and tons of fans want to see a Star Wars film in that vain :dahell:. Obviously toned down but an outright military focused ground war. Look at the reactions when this was first announced. A lot of people were thinking a Rogue Squadron film or a military style film.
they're stealing plans from the death star..why would it be a ground based military combat film

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I don't see how anyone can be excited for these movies after how bad the prequels were and the underwhelming overhyped episode 7.

it's just mind boggling. Were talking about different galaxies and planets. Different worlds and cultures but for some apparent reason they feel the need to keep using the same props and costumes.

Star Wars is about to be James Bond status for me :mjpls:

Studios need to stop being so fukking LAZY. It's star fukking wars. They don't need to sell the brand. The brand sells itself. Why can't they take more risks with these movies. Why do they have to keep using cookie cutter villains and hero's.
I didn't think the teaser looked bad at all but what I bolded I agree with so fukking much.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I didn't think the teaser looked bad at all but what I bolded I agree with so fukking much.

TFA final trailer won't be topped.

Kylo Ren has the potential to be the GOAT villain but they underplayed them. I'm HOPING they are simply milking the franchise and that's why episode 7 was full of so much filler that they had to shoe horn Rey's powers. =

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
It's almost like they wanted to have Jedi without having Jedi. I thought this was supposed to be a military focused film. Black Hawk Down in space. It's what I wanted. My expectations are just let down :shaq2:. I'ma still be in that bytch day one.

i dont know where he got those expectations, he's crazy :troll:

Working with Edwards on Rogue One are special effects supervisor Neil Corbould, production designers Neil Lamont and Doug Chiang and cinematographer Greig Fraser. Their credits include work on films like Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty, Saving Private Ryan, Edge of Tomorrow and the Harry Potter series.

First story details on Star Wars: Rogue One, the series' first 'Anthology' film
with that said we will see how it turns out. but its disney and i assume they'll be shooting for pg-13 so it probably wont get too dark even though the premise could have had it be a game changer if it had a really dark tone, but thats not to say it still wont be good

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i dont know where he got those expectations, he's crazy :troll:

Working with Edwards on Rogue One are special effects supervisor Neil Corbould, production designers Neil Lamont and Doug Chiang and cinematographer Greig Fraser. Their credits include work on films like Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty, Saving Private Ryan, Edge of Tomorrow and the Harry Potter series.

First story details on Star Wars: Rogue One, the series' first 'Anthology' film
Click to expand...​
with that said we will see how it turns out. but is disney and i assume they'll be shooting for pg-13 so it probably wont get too dark even though the premise could have had it be a game changer if it had a really dark tone, but thats not to say it still wont be good
yeah, since special effects people, production designers, and cinematographers determine the storyline and overall feel of the movie. fukkin imbeciles. It's probably going to be grittier then other SW films though

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
yeah, since special effects people, production designers, and cinematographers determine the storyline and overall feel of the movie. fukkin imbeciles
obviously not the storyline but in terms of the overall feel of the movie, uh yeah they do kinda contribute :pachaha: but anyway that was moreso saying why he and others are just mentioning black hawk down, those comparisons didnt come out of thin air

edit: considering the company it'll probably be more edge of tomorrow-ish, which i wouldnt be mad at since i enjoyed that movie alot