Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
obviously not the storyline but in terms of the overall feel of the movie, uh yeah they do kinda contribute :pachaha: but anyway that was moreso saying why he and others are just mentioning black hawk down, those comparisons didnt come out of thin air
i edited my post, the movie will probably be grittier based on their influenced but black hawk down status? That is just ridiculous

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im looking forward to this movie and liked the trailer, nice seeing the storm troopers in black as well. I expect vader wont be shown until trailer number 3, maybe around september or so maybe?

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i edited my post, the movie will probably be grittier based on their influenced but black hawk down status? That is just ridiculous
i edited mine as well :troll:

just watched the trailer again, got such high hopes for this one brehs :noah:

and i may be the only person who wasnt bothered by the i rebel line :heh: on first watch it got a smirk out of me, but i can definitely understand why people think its corny

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i edited mine as well :troll:

just watched the trailer again, got such high hopes for this one brehs :noah:

and i may be the only person who wasnt bothered by the i rebel line :heh: on first watch it got a smirk out of me, but i can definitely understand why people think its corny
didn't bother me either. I thought it was kind of clever :manny: coming from a character that is rebellious in nature

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
They are making way too much money off of Star Wars to just stop making anything after Episode 9.

They made a lot of money off of episode 1 too.

And even though the next 2 made money it was hours of bad CGI and filler dialog for this one moment.

:mjpls: all that filler for a few epic minutes.

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
i dont know where he got those expectations, he's crazy :troll:

Working with Edwards on Rogue One are special effects supervisor Neil Corbould, production designers Neil Lamont and Doug Chiang and cinematographer Greig Fraser. Their credits include work on films like Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty, Saving Private Ryan, Edge of Tomorrow and the Harry Potter series.

First story details on Star Wars: Rogue One, the series' first 'Anthology' film
with that said we will see how it turns out. but its disney and i assume they'll be shooting for pg-13 so it probably wont get too dark even though the premise could have had it be a game changer if it had a really dark tone, but thats not to say it still wont be good
Thanks bro. I knew I wasn't bugging. We obviously weren't expecting full on R rated war :heh: but a more tactical based film. The breh is just stanning extra hard. I mean we are all fans. I don't get why he acting out like our expectations were that off base. But having said all that, it's just a teaser trailer. I'm going in not expecting anything crazy.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They made a lot of money off of episode 1 too.

And even though the next 2 made money it was hours of bad CGI and filler dialog for this one moment.

:mjpls: all that filler for a few epic minutes.

Gawd damn that ending couldve been so much better. Palps like get the stretcher for this fukk nikka. The frankenstein Noooooooooooooo. Wouldve been better if he just murdered some medics. Still one of my favorite villains but damn my boy the jedi handicap man

The American

Defending America against cacs
Daps
TFA final trailer won't be topped.

Kylo Ren has the potential to be the GOAT villain but they underplayed them.
lol, Kylo ain't touching his gramps, b. His potential maxes out at being 2nd best of all time, and even that will be hard since Sheev is GOAT in many's eyes.

CHL

Superstar
Daps
My issue is that the universe they created is strong enough that a spin off like this shouldn't have to focus on the Deathstar and a story we already know the outcome of, it's just lazy and dumb. This is a spin off that lacks all the main characters right, so why not a completely different time period and story to tell.
This is the right story to begin the spinoffs. It's like with TFA rebooting the Episodic storyline and being more similar to the OT than it will be from 8 onwards. After this they can build towards other eras. They aren't ready to do anything in the Old Republic yet until they can generate mass interest, hopefully starting with mentions in Episode 8 and 9.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
hxdCpt2.gif
...MRA here I come

:mjcry:

:russ: Im probably overthinking it though and Ill like the movie once I see it...as long as its good.
I won't lie i was turned off for a second at the female lead. I was like we just gave em force awakens. They had fury road and ex machina too :troll:

yeah go ahead and deflect my dude, i know we're only one movie in but this franchise is already on a shytty start. i really appreciate Lucas now because at least his movies were watchable. my entire fam is straight hood sw geeks and nobody has a itch to watch tfa ever again.

Is this a thing?:jbhmm:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
That trailer was fire. The Spin-Offs aren't suppose to feel like the Episodes. This gave off a very depressing "Empire Strikes Back" vibe. Plus we've never seen the Empire in it's prime on the screen. Only the beginning (Prequels) and the End (Originals). I don't care about "Another Female Lead" as long as the character is good is all that matters. It's still going to be a ton of dudes fighting as it's a war film. Wouldn't be shocked if she' related to a central character in the Episodes. Or she does something that connects Episodes III and IV. I knew there was going to be no Jedi so I'm fine. It's basically "Star Wars Battlefront: The Movie".

Again I liked what I saw because it felt really dark like it's going to be a Violent Star Wars movie. I will admit though, it felt more like a TV Series than a movie if that makes sense. I guess it's just weird seeing a Star Wars film and zero light sabers. I'm sure Vader will be in it but I probably won't be a large role. That shot was most likely The Emperor but it could of been Vader. Now is this were George would of taken it?

Maybe not because he never focused on the period between "Sith" and "Hope" outside of letting authors do it in the extended universe. But the writers based the story off Lucas original "Star Wars" Script. Again these spin offs are more Anthology films within the universe. But "Rouge One" is a double meaning. Obviously she's the "Rogue One" that's a rebel. But that's also a call sign so I'm sure there will be some big space battle. But like the Prequels, we already know the ending of this film before it happens. It's just seeing how it happen. The story is based on the opening crawl of "A New Hope" so as far as this being another Original Trilogy Rehash Disney is doing, atleast it's techincally a prequel to the original trilogy but closer than the Prequels were to the timeline:

Revenge of the Sith------------------Rogue One-----A New Hope

It is a period of civil war.
Rebel spaceships, striking
from a hidden base, have won
their first victory against
the evil Galactic Empire.

During the battle, Rebel
spies managed to steal secret
plans to the Empire's
ultimate weapon, the DEATH
STAR, an armored space
station with enough power