Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
Are you all fukking daft? Lucas borrowed HUGE chunks from Akira Kurosawa's "Hidden Fortress" he was the BIGGEST influence on Lucas. Using melee weapons in star wars is not new, just because he's asian and uses melee weapons dosen't make him a samurai

SO WHAT? I know Lucas' inspirations. Doesn't change the fact its an awful idea in my opinion. Lucas birthed it but lets not act like some of his ideas weren't completely terrible. And don't lecture me. Im one of the biggest Star Wars fans on here :ufdup:

Bro, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...then what the fukk is it? fukk outta here, clearly went for the samurai vibe.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
I don't see how anyone can be excited for these movies after how bad the prequels were and the underwhelming overhyped episode 7.

it's just mind boggling. Were talking about different galaxies and planets. Different worlds and cultures but for some apparent reason they feel the need to keep using the same props and costumes.

Star Wars is about to be James Bond status for me :mjpls:

Studios need to stop being so fukking LAZY. It's star fukking wars. They don't need to sell the brand. The brand sells itself. Why can't they take more risks with these movies. Why do they have to keep using cookie cutter villains and hero's.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I don't see how anyone can be excited for these movies after how bad the prequels were and the underwhelming overhyped episode 7.

it's just mind boggling. Were talking about different galaxies and planets. Different worlds and cultures but for some apparent reason they feel the need to keep using the same props and costumes.

Star Wars is about to be James Bond status for me :mjpls:

Studios need to stop being so fukking LAZY. It's star fukking wars. They don't need to sell the brand. The brand sells itself. Why can't they take more risks with these movies. Why do they have to keep using cookie cutter villains and hero's.
Serious question

What franchise does that?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Serious question

What franchise does that?

This franchise is too old though. You got the same costumes being used in 2015 that were used in 1977 :mjpls:

They need to be more creative. Its the galaxy with different planets. They need to be more original.

Episode 7 was a slightly updated version of episode 4 and this was supposed to be 30 years after episode 6. They not even trying to update shyt. It's sad. It seems like with all of these movies the date and time are all the same no matter what.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Her being Rey's mom is a big reach, stop speculating. the damn universe is too small, it would be stupid if they went that route.

it's so stupid and so uncalled for that part of me feels they might have actually done it. :francis:

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
This franchise is too old though. You got the same costumes being used in 2015 that were used in 1977 :mjpls:

They need to be more creative. Its the galaxy with different planets. They need to be more original.

Episode 7 was a slightly updated version of episode 4 and this was supposed to be 30 years after episode 6. They not even trying to update shyt. It's sad. It seems like with all of these movies the date and time are all the same no matter what.
I think the Star Wars Universe has been plently explored over the years. Even with the loss of many legends material....books, comics, universe guides, Clone Wars and now Rebels is doing a great job of opening up the universe. The problem is making a movie incorporating all this. Disney would make a killing on animated movies, similar to what Marvel, DC, even Halo is doing.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
it's so stupid and so uncalled for that part of me feels they might have actually done it. :francis:
it would be so wildly uncreative and anticlimactic. they wouldn't dare. her being Luke's kid will be bad enough... and i still think she'd have to have been 50 when Rey was born, which is the stretch... but jedi jizz might be able to do it, who knows.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

I think it's short sighted to think they would go away from the familiar elements within the 2-3 years of resurfacing the franchise.

4-5 years from now.....

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
SO WHAT? I know Lucas' inspirations. Doesn't change the fact its an awful idea in my opinion. Lucas birthed it but lets not act like some of his ideas weren't completely terrible. And don't lecture me. Im one of the biggest Star Wars fans on here :ufdup:

Bro, if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck...then what the fukk is it? fukk outta here, clearly went for the samurai vibe.
He can't just be a swordsmen? There isn't even a living Samurai in 2016, why would there be a "samurai" in a Star Wars film? And Donnie Yen is from fukking China, not Japan. Some of you complain about the most stupid fukking shyt it really is unbelievable. If they wanted this character to actually be a samurai they would've just hired Ken Watanabe

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
He can't just be a swordsmen? There isn't even a living in 2016, why would there be a "samurai" in a Star Wars film? And Donnie Yen is from fukking China, not Japan. Some of you complain about the most stupid fukking shyt it really is unbelievable. If they wanted this character to actually be a samurai they would've just hired Ken Watanabe
Let me live damn! :damn: Since when has Hollywood given a shyt where an actor is from? I've seen Lou Diamond Phillips play a damn Native American :martin:

It's almost like they wanted to have Jedi without having Jedi. I thought this was supposed to be a military focused film. Black Hawk Down in space. It's what I wanted. My expectations are just let down :shaq2:. I'ma still be in that bytch day one.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

You understand the concept of a galactic Empire, right?