Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
latest

Do we really need a story on how they got the Deathstars plans? The shyt blew up a planet, their mission failed :mjlol:
Tbh this is the only movie I desperately want from the spin-off films.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
I thought it was good for a teaser hopefully Gareth Edwards learns not to tease cool things for short periods of time like he did in Godzilla :snoop:

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
My issue is that the universe they created is strong enough that a spin off like this shouldn't have to focus on the Deathstar and a story we already know the outcome of, it's just lazy and dumb. This is a spin off that lacks all the main characters right, so why not a completely different time period and story to tell.
I tried to tell you all. If you complained about the lack of originality in TFA you might as well fukking skip Rogue One, but we know you (and others) won't because the movie is gonna be fire

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
After seeing the teaser trailer...its not what I expected at all. Looks type horrible. I was expecting 2 hours of the first 30 minutes of The Empire Strikes Back. This looks pretty lame tbh. And the name has a whole new meaning to me now. Rogue One isnt just some call sign for a bad ass platoon of Rebels or whatever, but literally a rogue one...the female lead character is described as a rogue, doesnt deal with authority.

And a fukking samurai character? :why:

Man, just show me as much starships and starfighters as possible.

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Looks like it was set in the same neck of the woods as TFA, are all SW movies going to look like TFA now :dwillhuh:

Ps getting a lil tired of the female led heroine movies. Not because I don't think woman can be action heroes but I have a feeling she's going to be perfect like rey

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
And a fukking samurai character? :why:
Are you all fukking daft? Lucas borrowed HUGE chunks from Akira Kurosawa's "Hidden Fortress" he was the BIGGEST influence on Lucas. Using melee weapons in star wars is not new, just because he's asian and uses melee weapons dosen't make him a samurai