Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

everybody is praising for this being original but it felt the same as other star wars movies... against all odds, shyt coming together at the last second, people hanging from high places and bridges. :mjlol:

It is original (as far as Star Wars) because they killed the entire cast in the end....which obviously hasn't happened before. Any other Star Wars movie they'd all (or at least most of them) would live.

Fred.

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Aside from the ending the movie somewhat dragged for me and was predictable.

Was so glad there was no forced love story or Jedi. No forced cameos (aside from a couple)

Although I feel the movie itself was just decent, I think it did an excellent job of being a side story that gave just enough background to be worthy but not to much to retcon the other movies.

I would love to see the clone wars given this type of treatment.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The movie was so damn dull and boring goddamn
scusthov.gif

They just can't do action in these movies. That space battle which looked no different to the one in The Force Awakens almost sent me to sleep. How's the only decent scene of the movie gonna occur two minutes before the end of the movie? :what:

Take that scene out and who would even care for this? that's how you know it was wack.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
:mindblown:
6496d8f45a768d3b756700e21ca3bc92.png
@ the way the movie introduced Donnie Yen's and the other guys character.

They literally just walked into the story/movie off the street
6496d8f45a768d3b756700e21ca3bc92.png

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
scusthov.gif

They just can't do action in these movies. That space battle which looked no different to the one in The Force Awakens almost sent me to sleep. How's the only decent scene of the movie gonna occur two minutes before the end of the movie? :what:

Take that scene out and who would even care for this? that's how you know it was wack.
:yeshrug: they were dope to me

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
OK so what is star wars?

Star Wars is whatever George Lucas says it is.

Now it's Disney's call.

I'm not the biggest fan of Episode I/II but I loved that George introduced all that new shyt. They're way more creative than Return of the Jedi (Second Death Star :stopitslime:) and especially TFA (second everything and third Death Star :scust:).

egsteel

All Star
Daps
finally went to catch the movie today...................................and the power goes out 30min in :shaq2:.

Car accident had taken out a light pole. I'll go again tomorrow morning.

rantanamo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
scusthov.gif

:dahell:

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
shyt would be dumb weak if Finn is a Jedi... I tried to discount that use of the light saber cuz the movie just did not set him up for that until he went toe to toe with Kylo.... That didn't and doesn't happen on accident... Imagine Solo battling Vader :heh: ... Maybe Poe will be their Solo type but they fukked up not having Kylo just chopping off Finn's hands... They could have just did the same shyt they did with Luke getting his hand chopped... When Kylo was in the woods fukkin with Rey he had no problems freezing her in her play... Luke will teach Rey and we'll see it but they would have been better just making Finn a Hans Solo type... If Finn doesn't have the force they can keep this shyt movin.... And they better not explain it with midichlorians:stopitslime:

Did you see the origin of anakin in revenge of the sith?

Art Barr

hayesc0

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Star Wars is whatever George Lucas says it is.

Now it's Disney's call.

I'm not the biggest fan of Episode I/II but I loved that George introduced all that new shyt. They're way more creative than Return of the Jedi (Second Death Star :stopitslime:) and especially TFA (second everything and third Death Star :scust:).
I hear what you are saying my point is the formula is simple tfa was a rehash but atleast it got back to some basics as did Rouge One.