Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
One day I'm going to make a thread about how fukking wrong everyone who shyts on TFA is. I have no problem with people enjoying this film more than TFA but to say that TFA was rubbish in "every aspect of film-making" is such a hyperbolic statement. You know how much EASIER it is to do a film like Rogue one than to begin an entire new trilogy of films with TFA? No director could've pulled TFA off better than JJ. Period.

You're judging shyt like a lot of certain people were fans before they thought Finn was going to be Idris on The Wire... I'm guilty of expecting Finn to be more but most that hate only saw the movie because Finn was black and they thought it was going to be his movie kinda... Don't understand that Star Wars is a saga and refuse to see the saga through cuz Finn was a garbage man that got a name....Finn will play a MAJOR part in the next 2 films but because they never watched Star Wars and thought Finn was going to be a Nino Brown type.. They mad and disappointed

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
You're judging shyt like a lot of certain people were fans before they thought Finn was going to be Idris on The Wire... I'm guilty of expecting Finn to be more but most that hate only saw the movie because Finn was black and they thought it was going to be his movie kinda... Don't understand that Star Wars is a saga and refuse to see the saga through cuz Finn was a garbage man that got a name....Finn will play a MAJOR part in the next 2 films but because they never watched Star Wars and thought Finn was going to be a Nino Brown type.. They mad and disappointed
Yes, some of the marketing misled people on Finn, but this is just the beginning of his fukking character and I don't understand why other people don't understand that. We have not seen what his character will become. It's not a fukking coincidence that Finn was able to break his stormtrooper programming and Kylo sensed him in the first scene of the movie. He's destined for something greater. This is just the beginning. I am still convinced that Finn is going to be a Jedi, I could be wrong but that's what I think. And the Finn character would've been written the same whether he was black or white. I'm also not saying the movie was perfect, but I see a real trend on here where it's acceptable to shyt on the film when TFA is a really really well made movie.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Im going to see this tonight, shyt better live up to the hype

Also prequels >OG :umad:

WE need an Anakin smiley :patrice:
:banderas: Revenge of the Sith :banderas:

People can dismiss the execution as much as they want but it wasn't till those 3 movies clicked that I started to really understand what the magnitude of what was going on in the og trilogy. Prequels made me a Star Wars

Kyle Newman in this video pretty much sums up how I feel about the prequels

Last edited:

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Yes, some of the marketing misled people on Finn, but this is just the beginning of his fukking character and I don't understand why other people don't understand that. We have not seen what his character will become. It's not a fukking coincidence that Finn was able to break his stormtrooper programming and Kylo sensed him in the first scene of the movie. He's destined for something greater. This is just the beginning. I am still convinced that Finn is going to be a Jedi, I could be wrong but that's what I think. And the Finn character would've been written the same whether he was black or white. I'm also not saying the movie was perfect, but I see a real trend on here where it's acceptable to shyt on the film when TFA is a really really well made movie.

Marketing made it seem like he was going to be one of them people early with the trailers.. They threw a knuckle ball

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Marketing made it seem like he was going to be one of them people early with the trailers.. They threw a knuckle ball
Yeah. I understand how that would've misled people but they never said he was a jedi and he does actually use a lightsaber in the movie, one of the few if not only characters in star wars to ever use a lightsaber and not actually be a jedi (yet). Snoke talks about how there has been an awakening and Finn rebels against stormtrooper brainwashing and programming, Finn is more than just a normal stormtrooper.. I would bet money that he is a jedi. But also, it's fukking marketing, their job is to sell as much product as they can through marketing.

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Yeah. I understand how that would've misled people but they never said he was a jedi and he does actually use a lightsaber in the movie, one of the few if not only characters in star wars to ever use a lightsaber and not actually be a jedi (yet). Snoke talks about how there has been an awakening and Finn rebels against stormtrooper brainwashing and programming, Finn is more than just a normal stormtrooper.. I would bet money that he is a jedi. But also, it's fukking marketing, their job is to sell as much product as they can through marketing.

shyt would be dumb weak if Finn is a Jedi... I tried to discount that use of the light saber cuz the movie just did not set him up for that until he went toe to toe with Kylo.... That didn't and doesn't happen on accident... Imagine Solo battling Vader :heh: ... Maybe Poe will be their Solo type but they fukked up not having Kylo just chopping off Finn's hands... They could have just did the same shyt they did with Luke getting his hand chopped... When Kylo was in the woods fukkin with Rey he had no problems freezing her in her play... Luke will teach Rey and we'll see it but they would have been better just making Finn a Hans Solo type... If Finn doesn't have the force they can keep this shyt movin.... And they better not explain it with midichlorians:stopitslime:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@Darth Humanist you was trying to put me on this last year... I forgot your name and thought you died :mjcry:

Bruh... Star Wars for the next 3 years:mjgrin:

What do you think of that Hans Solo shyt? I think it's pointless:mjgrin:
I thought so to but I recently started getting into the old EU Han Solo books by A.C. Crispin and I'm beginning to change my tune

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
shyt would be dumb weak if Finn is a Jedi... I tried to discount that use of the light saber cuz the movie just did not set him up for that until he went toe to toe with Kylo.... That didn't and doesn't happen on accident... Imagine Solo battling Vader :heh: ... Maybe Poe will be their Solo type but they fukked up not having Kylo just chopping off Finn's hands... They could have just did the same shyt they did with Luke getting his hand chopped... When Kylo was in the woods fukkin with Rey he had no problems freezing her in her play... Luke will teach Rey and we'll see it but they would have been better just making Finn a Hans Solo type... If Finn doesn't have the force they can keep this shyt movin.... And they better not explain it with midichlorians:stopitslime:
People would've complained about them copying from previous movies even more. I mean I don't know how else you explain Finn breaking from his stormtrooper brainwashing/programming and Kylo sensing it other than "the force". I don't think they need to copy all their old characters onto new ones like we have to have a new "luke" a new "han" etc. Also I feel like a lot of people don't realize that Kylo wasn't trying to kill Rey in this film..he was intrigued by her power and attunement to the force with no formal training. (she knows how to fight--see jakku)

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just finished reading the marvel Vader comic series man i hope they at least animate that shyt somewhere down the line. Vader was a straight up evil ass goon. All murder and asthmatic breathing. I used to think all the extra clone wars cartoons and movies was a cash grab but i love how complex and tragic the character is.

Like every evil deed or murder i hope Anakin pops up for a sec and be like heyyyyyy!

:damn:

But then Vader snaps back like

*cooouggggghhhh*

:demonic: