Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
who was in the Darth Vader suit? It'd cool if it was Hayden

Nah it wasn't as Hayden's not bulky anymore (pause).

He'll be back though.

Honestly whenever I watch the OT and see Vader losing his patience I can imagine Episode III Hayden. He nailed that shyt.

Episode II :scust:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean the fact he had to pretend he's seeing a LIVE TARKIN and not an animated one and made those scenes believable should be well honored.

Its a real person reading lines they just put them green screen balls on the face for the CGI. I doubt they had the nikka talking to himself

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ

He'll be back though.

Honestly whenever I watch the OT and see Vader losing his patience I can imagine Episode III Hayden. He nailed that shyt.

Ep 3 is so underrated

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina

He'll be back though.

I really gotta say that looking back, Anakin in Ep 3 hit all the marks he had to hit and then some. The script and all the extra shyt wasn't on him.

Make sure you don't choke on those aspirations :ufdup:
Could've came right from Hayden's character straight up. Vader's transition fits right into ANH.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
You know, lots of people highlight the Vader scene at the end as one of the best moments, but I think people under-appreciate the sheer epicness of...

... the Hammerhead Corvette ramming the side of the Star Destroyer, pushing it into the other Star Destroyer, which then crashed into the Shield Gate. That shyt looked fukking phenomenal and served as a small but incredible moment of victory for the Alliance. When that Star Destroyer got torn apart by the other one I sat there like :whoo:

Los!

I AM THE AWAKENING
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I really gotta say that looking back, Anakin in Ep 3 hit all the marks he had to hit and then some. The script and all the extra shyt wasn't on him.

Make sure you don't choke on those aspirations :ufdup:
Could've came right from Hayden's character straight up. Vader's transition fits right into ANH.
That was the best line of the movie :blessed:
darth-vader-218935-320x180.jpg

Last edited:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

He'll be back though.

what's wrong with Ep 2? Initially that was the one I liked back in my prequel hating days.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
what's wrong with Ep 2? Initially that was the one I liked back in my prequel hating days.

I actually kind of like the movie, I love the Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic and I think Hayden nails those scenes and the Tattooine scenes.

The Anakin/Padme shyt needed at least two rewrites though. He's just way too horny and creepy around her for her to turn around and be like "I've been dying a little bit since you came back into my life :mjcry:".

It just didn't work and Hayden caught the flack because he had to be the one to read that shyt out loud.

"It's not fair! :sadbron:"

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
You know, lots of people highlight the Vader scene at the end as one of the best moments, but I think people under-appreciate the sheer epicness of...

... the Hammerhead Corvette ramming the side of the Star Destroyer, pushing it into the other Star Destroyer, which then crashed into the Shield Gate. That shyt looked fukking phenomenal and served as a small but incredible moment of victory for the Alliance. When that Star Destroyer got torn apart by the other one I sat there like :whoo:
You could argue that Rogue has the best space battle of the series honestly :ehh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I actually kind of like the movie, I love the Anakin/Obi-Wan dynamic and I think Hayden nails those scenes and the Tattooine scenes.

The Anakin/Padme shyt needed at least two rewrites though. He's just way too horny and creepy around her for her to turn around and be like "I've been dying a little bit since you came back into my life :mjcry:".

It just didn't work and Hayden caught the flack because he had to be the one to read that shyt out loud.

"It's not fair! :sadbron:"
Hayden and what's her name had the WORST chemistry I've ever seen and he was wooden as hell. Revenge of the Sith with him acting confident and mature talking to Obi Wan was dope though. Problem is they crammed everything into the damn film so it didn't make sense for Anakin to go from appreciating Obi to him suddenly in the next few scenes pledging loyalty to Sideus. :patrice:All felt rushed and should've been 2 parts. Also, George should NOT have been in charge of directing/writing all 3 plus it was overkill on cgi :whoa:Real locations and rewrites could've helped a lot especially in episode 1 and 2. Mail should've made it to episode 2 or 3 and :demonic: Griveous should've been introduced earlier :manny: