Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I love how they subtlety acknowledge that the force and the Jedi are still big key to the universe.

When Motha tells Leia,s stepdad to contact Obi wan:wow:

Word, this was the best uses of the force in BOTH its subtleties and extremes without it being exploited like all the previous films. I loved how NONE of them truly understood what the force was, but it still was flowing through them.

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
so many great things about this movie but the one thing i see being lost in the discussion is ben mendelsohn and director krennic.

i thought the guy was GREAT.

I mean the fact he had to pretend he's seeing a LIVE TARKIN and not an animated one and made those scenes believable should be well honored.

Saint1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I missed it somewhere but why didn't

that guy NOT shoot her dad with the sniper rifle?

NinoBrown

Veteran
Daps
I missed it somewhere but why didn't

that guy NOT shoot her dad with the sniper rifle?

He was conflicted, had a heart, something that separates Imperial Agents from Rebellion folk. IMHO, he started to develop respect and possibly an attraction for Jyn, he even confirms, "I could have fired, but I didn't"....a defector would be worth more alive than dead to take down the DS...

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I saw it like how the Zulu beat the British army in the Battle of Isandlwana.

I think Lucas once said that the Ewoks were meant to be modeled on the Viet Cong. But I guess they somehow got turned into Care Bears by the time the cartoons and "Caravan of Courage" movies came out.

Nah he's not a jedi but I believe he's force sensitive but just didn't receive the training that others have.

He was trying (and failing) to use the Force to open his jail cell. He has faith in the Force, but no actual telekinesis.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think Lucas once said that the Ewoks were meant to be modeled on the Viet Cong. But I guess they somehow got turned into Care Bears by the time the cartoons and "Caravan of Courage" movies came out.

He was trying (and failing) to use the Force to open his jail cell. He has faith in the Force, but no actual telekinesis.
He dodged blasters, sensed Jyns crystal necklace, and also was aware that Cassius was plotting to kill Jynes father. No, he didn't have telekinesis as training is required but, he was clearly attuned to the force.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I hope all the positive reactions to this flick makes them tone down the ham of episode 8 and make Kylo Ren a fukking beast instead of a spoiled rich kid of famous parents with a meth addiction
Agreed. This franchise needs some grittiness