Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
Yooooooooo I just realized where they got the idea of the shield gate on Scarif from :banderas:

5-Rogue-One.jpg

MAKE SPACEBALLS CANON DISNEY :ohlawd:

:russ:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Saw the movie last night. Not quite sure my thoughts. I've never felt this unsure about how much I liked a fairly straightforward movie like this the next morning. The major things that stand out are things I found off or disappointing. But the movie also had a lot of what I wanted, which was a move away from the main characters and mythology of Star Wars, and to tell some other stories.

I didn't have a problem with everyone dying. I sort of expected it. However, if everyone is going to die, I would have liked to see some characters fleshed out a bit more. Cassian Andor's character was great, but besides "being in the rebellion since he was 6" I felt like I didn't know much about him. I felt like I knew nothing at all about the pilot, and very little about Donnie Yen's buddy Baze Malbus. And I guess Donnie's character's name was Chirrit Imwe? I had to Wikipedia the character names this morning. Forest Whitaker was cool, but it seems like some cool stuff from him was cut out (a lot of stuff in the teaser and trailer were missing?)

I sort of hoped Orson Krenic was going to get to be the big bad and less of a flunky trying to play catch up. He's a fantastic actor, but that said, he did a great job with his role, as did Mads Mikkelsen with Galsen Erso. I was hoping those 2 might have a couple more moments together, but their scenes were good.

I loved the battle/war aspect. There were parts that felt like a grittier war movie, and with the name Star Wars, it was nice to see the "war" part. K-@SO was awesome, and was funny, endearing, and bad ass also. Felicity Jones did well. I liked her. Darth Vader was bad ass and it was nice to see why he was so feared (since he did little actual murdering of people in the original movies.)

The visuals were stunning. Maybe the most beautiful Star Wars movie yet, and strangely I didn't mind the CGI Grand Moff Tarkin or the CGI Leah. The easter eggs and fan service were well done.

I guess the flip side of protracted battle scenes is they can get boring after a while. I guess I just felt bored for about 20 mins of this movie. I wish I knew what the original 3rd act was.

This review sound negative, but I'd give it a 3.5/5 I think. I wanted to give it a 3, but it deserves better than that, I think.

Manuel Hot Pepper Lopez

cac this, cac that, c00n this c00n that
Daps
Reppin
-------------------------
Its defintiely a top 10 scene in starwars history

Luke big reveal
Vader hunting for the star plans
The empire killing planets in 7
Vader getting the drop on cloud city
Kylo final battle
Order 66
Luke vs vader in jedi
Dooku vs anakin
Luke training
Kylo stopping the blaster shot

Its on par, maybe top 5

No Yoda vs Dooku or Obi-Wan vs Anakin? Maul vs Obi/Qui-Gon?
When Yoda pulled out that saber for the first time and started flipping out was the most ham I've ever seen a theater go :gladbron::krs:

what's wrong with Ep 2? Initially that was the one I liked back in my prequel hating days.
The first 20 minutes on Coruscant are cool, and the last 20 minutes with the war with all the jedi and Dooku vs Obi/Anakin/Yoda is classic. Everything in between is a love and politics story as told by an 11 year old

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No Yoda vs Dooku or Obi-Wan vs Anakin?
When Yoda pulled out that saber for the first time and started flipping out was the most ham I've ever seen a theater go :gladbron::krs:

The first 20 minutes on Coruscant are cool, and the last 20 minutes with the war with all the jedi and Dooku vs Obi/Anakin/Yoda is classic. Everything in between is a love and politics story as told by an 11 year old

Wish I could of been there for that and the reveal of the double end light saber.:wow:

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
I still think Empire and Jedi have the best space scenes though.

Han flying into the asteroid field, my nicca Lando flying into the heart of the second Death Star :banderas:

This was the third best though, I like how Episode III TECHNICALLY and visually has the biggest spacefight I've possibly ever seen on film but George narrows it down to just Anakin swagging all over the place and Obi-Wan was there as well.

In fact the start of Episode III is second only to Episode IV.

Maaaaan Rogue One just makes me want to watch the movies AGAIN and I did a marathon like a month ago.

Force Awakens didn't make me want to watch shyt again since they copied the story, felt like I watched A New Hope 2015.

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
I feel like he did that because he felt he had to, in the name of the rebellion or whatever. jyn mentions how he's no better than the storm troopers but under normal circumstances he wouldn't be that way

I'd bet it wouldn't be the first time he's killed though. He said he's done stuff he's not proud of before. Wouldn't doubt he's carried out assassinations before.

I'm still holding out hope that Jar Jar came up on that beach and saved Jyn and Cassian and they're chilling in a cave with Luke on whatever planet he's hiding on at the end of episode 7