Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
As soon as they merked the rapist pilot from Night Of, I knew it was a wrap for all of em :sadbron:
The whole time I was thinking don't get attached to any of them since this ties directly into ANH, and there was no mention of them from that point forward. They were gonna have to die, but that shyt was still fukked up though. That's why I liked it. It was real. Yeah there was a victory, but there were casualties too.

Clayton Endicott

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
A lodge of the Saints John of Jerusalem
I went to an early Friday showing where maybe 15 people including myself were there and nobody reacted out loud but I was smiling like crazy when the lightsaber ignited.
It's kind of fukked up, but when he ignited his lightsaber I was like :mjgrin:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we talk about how almost 75% of the teaser trailer got cut out of the movie?

Here's a great article on it: https://www.inverse.com/article/25246-rogue-one-trailer-scenes-missing-from-final-film-star-wars

Was anyone disappointed by any of the cuts? The only ones I really missed was Forest's "What will you do when they catch you" speech. That sounded so badass in the trailer. And I liked his voice better in the trailer too. It was too whiny and weird in the movie. The shot of Krennic walking through the water with his cape dragging was kinda cool too, that would have been nice to see.

On the other hand, I think it was refreshing that the marketing for the film ended up being completely different than what we got in the final cut. I hate how I end up seeing 50% of the movie before the actual movie drops. I wonder if it will start a new trend in deceptive trailers :jbhmm:

Were the cuts because they changed the story or just to trim the time? Ill admit i was pissed i didnt see that At-At scene in this trailer or krennic swag walkin on the beach but i stayed away from most of the stuff online to avoid any surprises we would get in this movie minus the ending.

I love how all of these flicks add a lil more detail to the OT similar to the MCU but star wars was here 1st. Like i was watching ROTJ today and before the prequels i always wondered how Vader went from secretly trying to recruit his son Empire strikes byke to the emporer in Jedi like bring yo son to me nikka that ass is mine.

try to hide a Notorious sith lord's son from a powerful emporer by giving him his pops last name brehs

:troll:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Building a house aint really an accomplishment is it?
They good hunters but if the ewok movie told us anything they aint shyt, they rolled 5 deep to kill a gorax, and that shyt aint got no armor. Hell empire came and setup shop like it wasn't nothing.
I think if they played it off as the wookies just hiding in the cut and the empire not even know they were as deep as they were it could have been more effective, but it is what it is, trees and sticks and stone and arrows took out a military with lightspeed travel.
That's the whole point
The empire either set up shop knowing the ewaks were there and didn't care cause all they saw were sticks and stones and nowhere near as technology advanced as them or didn't know they were there.... either way, why would the empire factor in luck of the rebel unit teaming up with the ewoks and doing anothing assault on the shield generator station

It's like when the empire never ever imagined that the death star would get attacked and destroyed in episode 4

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
That's the whole point
The empire either set up shop knowing the ewaks were there and didn't care cause all they saw were sticks and stones and nowhere near as technology advanced as them or didn't know they were there.... either way, why would the empire factor in luck of the rebel unit teaming up with the ewoks and doing anothing assault on the shield generator station

It's like when the empire never ever imagined that the death star would get attacked and destroyed in episode 4

Emmpire imagined the Death Star getting attacked, they just didn't know about the faulty exhaust port kiss of death.
As for the whole point of setting up on Endor, Thats a push, but again that is canon now and you can't go back, just gonna forever be PIS to me.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
Its defintiely a top 10 scene in starwars history

Luke big reveal
Vader hunting for the star plans
The empire killing planets in 7
Vader getting the drop on cloud city
Kylo final battle
Order 66
Luke vs vader in jedi
Dooku vs anakin
Luke training
Kylo stopping the blaster shot

Its on par, maybe top 5

Last edited:

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
another thing this movie got right, that all star wars movies get right: the visuals...by that i mean they have scenes that just look beautiful as hell....scenes you can just look at and say 'damn, that's just cool as hell to look at'...prime ex: in ep 7, when they were on starkiller and they showed the troopers facing the dude giving the pep talk speech...him up on stage, with the curtain behind him, the troopers looking at him, etc...that scene is just fukking amazing to look at....

in this movie, a couple exs: seeing vader's place; the beach scene at the end with the cloud coming towards them; when they blew up jedha