Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
tumblr_oib49ceue91qfy2kdo1_540.gif

tumblr_oib49ceue91qfy2kdo2_540.gif

tumblr_oiajq7Iuum1rszoo3o1_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oiajq7Iuum1rszoo3o3_r1_540.gif

tumblr_oiajq7Iuum1rszoo3o2_r1_540.gif
:russ: I was yelling at ol boy like nikka, RUN THROWN THAT CARD TO THEM DUDES ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE DOOR

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can we talk about how almost 75% of the teaser trailer got cut out of the movie?

Here's a great article on it: https://www.inverse.com/article/25246-rogue-one-trailer-scenes-missing-from-final-film-star-wars

Was anyone disappointed by any of the cuts? The only ones I really missed was Forest's "What will you do when they catch you" speech. That sounded so badass in the trailer. And I liked his voice better in the trailer too. It was too whiny and weird in the movie. The shot of Krennic walking through the water with his cape dragging was kinda cool too, that would have been nice to see.

On the other hand, I think it was refreshing that the marketing for the film ended up being completely different than what we got in the final cut. I hate how I end up seeing 50% of the movie before the actual movie drops. I wonder if it will start a new trend in deceptive trailers :jbhmm:

:yeshrug: Didn't watch any trailers and only saw 3 or 4 pictures of the set and some cast. Came in with a blank slate and was :ohhh::wow: from the beginning to end. The novelization is dope and includes cut scenes.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The fact that they didn't even think to make Tarkin a character at all in the prequels bothered me. I mean why not use that time to flesh out such a major character from the originals?

I think I might have even liked it more if HE were in the senator palpatine role... the greedy and corrupt politician who secretly does the bidding of this ancient Sith Lord on the low.

I mean come on how the fukk can the Chancellor of the republic be an evil wizard and not have his cover blown. more believable he would bribe a senator and promise him power in exchange for more leverage until he was emperor himself.
That's why he started the war to distract everyone. Also a sith was ancient history at that point in time and Palpatine was a career politician so if anyone thought he was shady they would just see it as him being a typical politician

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Not really...
And it was them working together that got them the w

Yeah that was some kids shyt to be honest, aint no ewoks taking down them AT-ATs like that not that reliably and storming no base, but he the script needed it.
Would have fit better if they were on a Wookie homeworld, but them dollars made more sense.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I completely agree. After reading reddit sometimes I wonder if I saw the same movie as other people, I see people saying they thought the movie was fukking BORING, like what the fukk? I'm convinced people go into movies ready to hate it. This movie was fukking AWESOME. I also keep seeing people say they felt no connection to the characters which I also don't really understand...I realize other then Jyn we don't get a huge backstory but why do you need that to care about a character? Obviously the idea here is to show all the sacrifices that had to be made. Vader was fukking terrifying, everyone gave a great performance, I loved Donnie Yen's character. The seemless transition to a new hope was fukking genius.
When I said i was bored I mainly meant during the second act. It was a bit of a slog. I also didn't care for many characters in the movie. Compare that to force awakens where I absolutely loved Rey , Finn, Poe Dameron, and BB-8. And Kylo ren was interesting too. And I couldn't wait to see more adventures with those characters.

In this? Donnie Yen was awesome but there was not too much to him. And K-2SO I enjoyed. But I didn't love.

But still the 3rd act was great and the last 10 min were epic. I'll still cop the bluray

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Just seen this shyt, the fact that they made this feel like a completely different Star Wars movie while at the same time leading right into a New Hope was amazing to me:wow:

This is the type movie this franchise needed, take a step back from the force and the Skywalkers, Han , etc. Just a straight random group of characters getting together in the Star Wars universe.

It's probably because I'm still hype off of it but I enjoyed this female character way more than Rey. I knew going in that this probably wasn't gonna end well for her and them but I was hoping to see more of her down the line:to:

The cgi on Tarkin was amazing btw and it only worked good cuz of the lighting. Leia looked awful would of preferred them just to cut out with her back to the screen and not say "Hope" but that's nit picky shyt I don't feel like running with.

Would love to see a Clone Wars movie like this , with this same type of tone. It's a breath of fresh air to see a story being told in this world without politics and the force being shoved down your throat.

Just a great movie

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Yeah that was some kids shyt to be honest, aint no ewoks taking down them AT-ATs like that not that reliably and storming no base, but he the script needed it.
Would have fit better if they were on a Wookie homeworld, but them dollars made more sense.
Them Ewoks built a whole,fukking village in the trees
They're excellent hunters
If it wasn't for luke being a Jedi, han and them would of been rotisserie chicken

Doing a surprise attack and using a guerrilla tactics is not a stretch

And if it was a village full of Wookies then that would of been a stretch that death star smiled generator would have such a small security crew