Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
A little side note from the main topic of this thread:

Watching Rogue One made me wonder if the Star Wars movies were actually done in chronological order, would it have the same impact that it has today?

Fresh

SOHH Vet since 2002
Daps
Im reading more posts and noticed one thing almost EVERYBODY said, for at least the 1st hour we were falling asleep.

That dude with Tarken who designed the Death Star and was murking everybody at light-speed WAS undercover...right?:why:

I know dude he SHOT was undercover.

So was he Super Saiyan Donnie Brasko or an evil bad ass boss?:jbhmm:

Yall pointed out MAD plot holes 4 a nicca, why didn't he get talked about more either way, uhhh...

I really thought I was the only one fighting sleep in a Star Wars movie...

...put out a Star Wars movie that puts 85% of the audience to sleep and expect us to understand THIS story and connect it to ANH Hollywood brehs :snoop:

I was right about everything else :ufdup:

Having said that who in this thread was fully awake the whole movie, I need answers on if dude was legit Empire boss status or undercover becuz honestly the main character, b!tch was too BORING, and part of the invincible super-duper snow hoe agenda in Hollywood.

I need answers...who was fully alert the 1st hour, I aint watching that sh!t again, just skipping to the Vader slaughter with the rest of yall :jawalrus:

Katniss Everdeen was the last young super hero white girl leading grown ass men and women in war I paid any attention to, or ever will again
:patrice:

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I swear motherfcukers nowadays have non-existent attention spans.

I was actually watching the start of 'A New Hope' and was reminded by the sense of 'slowness' and the simple focus on story-telling that you don't really get nowadays. People could actually watch an entire minute of dialogue and not slip into a coma back then though. :stopitslime:

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
Now that I think about it, something about the final battle makes ZERO sense.

Once the shield gate closes, the team kinda accepts they're trapped on the planet and the only thing they can do is transmit the Death Star plans. But soon they find out that to transmit those plans, the allied forces will have to take down the shield gate, the same shield gate that is the only thing trapping them on the planet. So regardless of the scenario (extracting the plans themselves or transmitting them to space), taking down the shield would be a necessity, yet the movie sells it as if the option to extract is no longer a possibility as nothing more than a cheap ploy to sell the "sacrifice" they are making.

I don't know about you guys but personally I can't wait for the 2 hour prequel coming 30 years later to explain this.

I'm not sure how they thought they were gonna get out but that that shield gate didn't close until the rebel fleet showed up and started flying through. Without that it stays open.

Even if they had successfully done their mission without the rebel fleet showing up, once they knew that data was accessed I'm sure they would have shut down the shield preventing them from flying out with that intel though

@Fresh you watch this in theatres or just watch the cam version out? The first 20 mins or so are slow but def not the 1st hour

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now that I'v had the chance to let it ink in, the movie is prob the 4th best. It did start off slow. The characters aren't really that interesting, but once it hit the stride in the 2nd act, it was amazing. I don't know why they just didn't recast Tarkin and use makeup like they did for Ep III. The CGI was horrible in the beginning. he looked better later

I don't get the criticism regarding the characters. Which of them was problematic?

I did read 'Catalyst' before this though so I know about Krennec, Galen, Jyn etc.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I'm not sure how they thought they were gonna get out but that that shield gate didn't close until the rebel fleet showed up and started flying through. Without that it stays open.

Even if they had successfully done their mission without the rebel fleet showing up, once they knew that data was accessed I'm sure they would have shut down the shield preventing them from flying out with that intel though

@Fresh you watch this in theatres or just watch the cam version out? The first 20 mins or so are slow but def not the 1st hour

My point is more that they gave up the option to extract even though the requirement for doing so was exactly the same for transmitting the data. Obviously it would be more difficult but they make it seem like it's a completely foregone option.

Black Nate Grey

The God Emperor of Mankind
Daps
U serious?? He set up shop after they leveled that shyt??? A nexus point??

There is actually an ancient sith temple underneath the Jedi temple on coruscant. That's part of the reason the Jedi fell in the first place, it was inhibiting their connection to the force.

Last edited:

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
My point is more that they gave up the option to extract even though the requirement for doing so was exactly the same for transmitting the data. Obviously it would be more difficult but they make it seem like it's a completely foregone option.

True but once they knew the fleet was up there it was a safer bet to transmit it. If they tried to escape with L that chaos goin on there's a good chance they get shot down or caught before they even make it to a ship

CHL

Superstar
Daps
U serious?? He set up shop after they leveled that shyt??? A nexus point??
Yep. Thousands of years ago the Sith took Coruscant, making it their capital & building a Sith shrine. The Jedi liberated the world and decided to build their temple above the Sith shrine, thinking they could turn the site from a dark side vergence to a light side vergence. However parts of the influence of the Sith shrine remained, and this contributed to their fall during the Clone Wars. Sidious likely knew about the shrine underneath. So establishing the Imperial Palace there not only symbolically destroys the Jedi Order but also allows Sidious to be in close proximity to the shrine.

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
How did
R2 and C3PO
end up on the Tantive IV???

I thought they were in the Yavin 4 hangar when all the Rebels went to Scarif??

That's a good point actually :

The Tantive is still on Yavin, when Bail Organa says he's going to call on Obi-Wan we see him meeting Captain Antilles before the scene jumps to everyone leaving + the droids observing it.

Raddus' warship, however, had already joined the fight- as we were just told. So the Tantive must've joined and docked after the X-Wings showed up.

That's my best guess :yeshrug:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I liked it, but I didn't love it. I was expecting a bit more after all the high praise i've seen from sources I respect. I was kinda bored and trying not to doze off through most of it (no @Sensitive Blake Griffin ).

But that last act was great. And that final vader scene was just :noah:

Gareth Edwards did that fukking thing again though where he killed the most interesting actor 40 min into the flick.

Donnie Yen was the real MVP. I wanted much much moah.

I've never cared for Felicity Jones in any movie either. She's just flat to me.

Last act really saved the movie for me. I'd probably give it a 7-7.5/10 but I'm not gonna say it's top 3 of the series or anything like that though. It's also insane that so many moments from the trailers were not in this.
Exactly how I feel