Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

CHERUB

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
It hit just now? That's what the whole movie is about. Says in the beginning of New Hope. Rebel Alliance managed to steal plans for the death star.

You're not comprehending. I know that. Im saying i never imagined i would actually SEE a Star Wars Film showing all the actual events leading up to ANH. ANH was 1st Sci Fi film i ever saw in the 90's. So this was huge

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
That's my point, they could've digitally made her look younger like they do in a lot of movies these days but they recast the part instead, even when the actress didn't have the same presence. They could've recast Tarkin, maybe use some make-up to make the actor look closer to Cushing, but to go full digital like that just looked really off to me.
I think you are falling back on nostalgia with Mon Mothma scene in Return of the Jedi when you mention presence. They already had an actress that they hired in the early 2000's (when cgi was still hit or miss) for a prequel trilogy that takes place 20+ years before the events in Returns. There are certain characters Star Wars fans don't won't to see recast and Tarkin is one, Mon Mothma isn't.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Before the movie opened, there were a lot of rumors that the ending had to be totally changed in reshoots, and that reshoots are almost always a really bad sign. I know that's what me ME lower my expectations.

The funny thing is, after the moving the ending is the part that everyone is RAVING about.
True..and talks about no vader???

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think you are falling back on nostalgia with Mon Mothma scene in Return of the Jedi when you mention presence. They already had an actress that they hired in the early 2000's (when cgi was still hit or miss) for a prequel trilogy that takes place 20+ years before the events in Returns. There are certain characters Star Wars fans don't won't to see recast and Tarkin is one, Mon Mothma isn't.

I don't think the CGI option was a good replacement though. Even though it was good CGI, it was still noticeable CGI and the whole thing about special effects is that you aren't supposed to notice.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't think the CGI option was a good replacement though. Even though it was good CGI, it was still noticeable CGI and the whole thing about special effects is that you aren't supposed to notice.
The problem is they focused to long on the CGI characters. If we got short glimpses and not full on close ups I don't think it would be as noticeable

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the vader story
I already saw this in IMAX yesterday and already got tickets for Monday night. I didn't think they'd have a decent quality cam already though :obama: May have to download if seeing it again on Monday ain't enough

They got 20 years to work with. Give us a Vader trilogy :blessed:

They need to hurry while J E Jones still alive.

lutha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Episodes are the Skywalker's story with 1-6 basically being the rise and fall and redemption of Anakin Skywalker.

Having it focus on the Jedi purge and Palpatine taking power would be dope

true, but i want a movie that focuses only on vader's rise.....meaning: a movie that takes places between 3 and 4, that shows how vader became known as that muthafukka you didnt want no problems with....everyone was scared of him as soon as new hope starts; hell, everyone was scared of him in this movie....i just want a movie that shows details of him doing shyt to show why everyone scared.....

plus, i can never get enough vader lol..