Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

Rain

👀
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I'm heading to the theater and this clown walks by and sees the big ass line waiting to enter and says....

They ALL DIE IN THE END :skip:. This didn't really bother me because I was sure this would happen anyway but I really wanted to slap the shyt out of this dude. fukking try-hard fakkits :martin:

I shouldn't have read the reviews. It was a cool flick. But I was expecting more than what I got. I don't think this was better than TFA. Nowhere near ESB. I'm not really sure why people loved this movie so much. The nostalgia nods in this movie felt a lot more blatant than anything in TFA. I enjoyed it overall. But I found it hard to care about the plot or any of the characters. Maybe it'll change on a second viewing.

That ending was insane.

Last edited:

Daystew

Legion of Boom
Daps
Reppin
Lexington, KY
Watched it this morning with my fiancé.

Will be watching again with childhood friends Sunday. I think I'm going to do an evening show at a Movie Tavern so I can enjoy this while being lit.

No--it's not better than ESB. But it's the most worthy film to be connected to the original trilogy imo. The ending ranks as my #1 ending to a Star Wars film..

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
What was the reaction in your theater when he rolled through?
Lol wasn't alot of people cause folks still in school and i caught the 230 show
Buy mine was
black-kid-reaction-gif-6710.gif

Dead ass thought he was gonna come in with his tie fighter crew and enter he dogfight .......... nope

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just got back and I'm speechless....That movie was super dope in all aspects in terms of story and action some parts felt like a drag but it started to pick up in the middle and towards the end and the end is what made the movie for me :wow:...alot of callbacks to alot of the OG films as well as the prequels. The irony of where Vader is located at when we first see him was pretty chilling made me lowkey feel unease his part was small yet effective. The only thing i felt that could've put more of super cool touch was having a jedi in the group IP Man did his thing he was my fav. character in the movie definitely about to watch A New Hope in a few. But overall the movie was really good crazy to see how far cgi has come too and the cameos were lit as well.

Well being that all the Jedi was SUPPOSED extinct (except for Kenobi and Yoda) that wouldn't of been possible... but dude was FORCE SENSITIVE without question.

drugxglory

Street Struck
Daps
Reppin
CALiFORNiA
I just got home from seeing it, everyone gave it a applause when it was over i was like
:francis: Wasnt all that

Only thing i truely got hyped over was Seeing Vadors light sabor light up knowing shyt was about to go down
:gladbron:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
The og actress is in her 80s. Why wouldn't they reuse the same actress from Ep 3?
Also they kinda look alike
mon-mothmajpg-6523e8_765w.jpg

Plus Rogue One takes place right before Ep 4 whereas Mon Mothma doesnt appear till 4 years later in Returns

That's my point, they could've digitally made her look younger like they do in a lot of movies these days but they recast the part instead, even when the actress didn't have the same presence. They could've recast Tarkin, maybe use some make-up to make the actor look closer to Cushing, but to go full digital like that just looked really off to me.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
That's my point, they could've digitally made her look younger like they do in a lot of movies these days but they recast the part instead, even when the actress didn't have the same presence. They could've recast Tarkin, maybe use some make-up to make the actor look closer to Cushing, but to go full digital like that just looked really off to me.
I thought it was a splendid tribute to a fine screen actor, mr cushing!