Rogue One: A Star Wars Story [Official Thread]

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
The Force Awakens >>

Didn't Feel Like A SW Film. It Ain't Seeing 4-7. It's Better Than TPM. I Put It Between AOTC And ROTS.

3.5/5

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don't think the CGI option was a good replacement though. Even though it was good CGI, it was still noticeable CGI and the whole thing about special effects is that you aren't supposed to notice.

maybe it was just my theater or the fact that i saw it in imax 3d but i thought tarkin looked fukkin spectacular. i knew the second i saw his face that they were pulling tricks with cgi because there's no physical way i could be staring at peter cushing, but if i wasn't one of those people i might not have even considered anything. at least not right away.

also this is very a bold step in the way of cgi effects. kinda scary too, but if used sparingly i think it can be really great. this movie truly felt like the return of tarkin, which i'd never thought i'd see.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Brehs. It just hit me. All these years we wondered ANH "how did she get the plans?" "Who did it?" "How did they get by Vader" "Where were they comming from in the Opening scene of ANH?" I never dreamed i would see that on the big screen. This is the Major Key that binds the Saga. PS i still wanted to see MORE Prime Vader in Action lol

Seems more like answer to questions never really focused on.
How they got the plans for the death star is irrelevant to me, never was a big deal because the rebellion itself was never a huge deal but mainly background for luke and the restoration of the jedi order and defeating Palpatine and Vader.

Just like the needless answer to the Death Star's glaring fault. The funny part is they went into the time of explaining how it got there, and it makes it look even more stupid because you have an empire that only gives design oversight to one person, who you killed his family to bring back on board. i mean was better to just gloss over it than put even more spotlight on it, imho

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
latest

gluvnast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Before the movie opened, there were a lot of rumors that the ending had to be totally changed in reshoots, and that reshoots are almost always a really bad sign. I know that's what me ME lower my expectations.

The funny thing is, after the moving the ending is the part that everyone is RAVING about.

In retrospect, I think those reshoots were done to ensure that the transition to ANH would be seamless. I mean they REALLY paid attention even to the finest detail....

Case in point.... why NOW I noticed a MISSING SEAT in this scene....

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Now that I'v had the chance to let it ink in, the movie is prob the 4th best. It did start off slow. The characters aren't really that interesting, but once it hit the stride in the 2nd act, it was amazing. I don't know why they just didn't recast Tarkin and use makeup like they did for Ep III. The CGI was horrible in the beginning. he looked better later