Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
nikka, you are such a perfect example of what's wrong with this forum.:russ:
I'm a blind dikk rider?

Breh, I truly enjoy the world they created in RDR2. I haven't liked a GTA since Liberty City because all of the protagonists after Niko have been irredeemable a$$holes.

I have over 25 days played on RDR2...and I don't even fukk with the online portion.

Just to give you an example of me actually playing and enjoying the game the way I describe; here's a clip I made of RDR2 with no visual or aim assist:

I've played most of that in the most hardcore way, taking all aim assist off, all reticles off and all HUD off and used the Sun's position in the sky to tell what direction I'm going.

That game allows you to truly immerse yourself. I'm a true fan of the game in the purist form.

I also put red dead redemption 2 over GTA 5. Love both games but Red Dead Redemption 2 was on another level. I have it number 2 this gen behind witcher 3, but the separation between those 2 on my list is razor thin.

Smokin Rider

I been official
Daps
Reppin
Seattle SuperChronic
nikka, you are such a perfect example of what's wrong with this forum.:russ:
I'm a blind dikk rider?

Breh, I truly enjoy the world they created in RDR2. I haven't liked a GTA since Liberty City because all of the protagonists after Niko have been irredeemable a$$holes.

I have over 25 days played on RDR2...and I don't even fukk with the online portion.

Just to give you an example of me actually playing and enjoying the game the way I describe; here's a clip I made of RDR2 with no visual or aim assist:

I've played most of that in the most hardcore way, taking all aim assist off, all reticles off and all HUD off and used the Sun's position in the sky to tell what direction I'm going.

That game allows you to truly immerse yourself. I'm a true fan of the game in the purist form.

Dude sounds dumb

RDR2 was an incredible game, so much shyt to get into, I got lost in it just fukking around and walking around villages interacting with NPC's and finding random quests.

CP77 was not only lifeless and glitchy but it was straight up boring. NPC's dont even move their mouth when talking to them. I would say it plays like a PS2 game with upgraded graphics but you can't do basic shyt like change hairstyle or appearance, you know things we did in games way over a decade ago. No blind loyalty involved, otherwise I wouldn't have wasted $60 on it. It is not a good game.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
RDR2 really needed some kind of hardcore mode that actually forced you to use the survival mechanics. as it is there wasn't much reason to hunt, craft, find special weapons, etc, beyond personal satisfaction

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nah rockstar literally can’t pull off a game like this. They are dope with fukkery game. This ain’t meant to be a fukkery game.

:mjlol:

while walking the streets I just saw a TV ad for a show titled ‘Watson Whore’ and the show is not about a woman :dame::damn:

ppl get mad when folks pointed out that the game doesn’t do a lot of little things right that GTA V does...and say the games can’t be compared in that respect...the huge irony is the game actually does attempt to do a lot of the little things that GTA V does...sometimes successfully and other times not so much

Jchr is

Banned
Daps
People really in here arguing for Witcher 3 (a shytty rpg saved by it's intricate story in a land full of white people) and CyberPunk (a shytty rpg thats so poorly optimized the money behind the studio is suing them after making them push out an 8 year old game)

Bro nobody, and I mean nobody fukking with Rockstar. They been trying for years and still can't fukk with Rockstar. Now that the three headed hydra is down to 1 (Benzies. and one of the Hosier brothers are now gone) we may see the quality go to shyt but even then so many people who been in the trenches and have crunched through their design ethos are still there and the cache of the studio will not change the fact that these nikkas are the Gold standard for open world. Ubisoft will never come close. CDPR will never do it either. Every company that tries falls into the trap of not diversifying the game loop. They do Easter eggs but don't make them a part of the world building. CDPR can't even give their world enough persistence or AI enough intelligence to react to your involvement in the world.

Again, you can hate how their games are played. You can hate how their mission design has left less choice in how you tackle them, but you can't deny they amount of shyt they pack in their world. It's not just some empty place with set pieces. The only open world to come close to being as emergent and entertaining to explore has been BOTW.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:

while walking the streets I just saw a TV ad for a show titled ‘Watson Whore’ and the show is not about a woman :dame::damn:

ppl get mad when folks pointed out that the game doesn’t do a lot of little things right that GTA V does...and say the games can’t be compared in that respect...the huge irony is the game actually does attempt to do a lot of the little things that GTA V does...sometimes successfully and other times not so much
during the Play It Safe Mission, one of the bad guys you can kill is sittin on a couch in a building(im bein vague not to spoil) and theres a Watson Whore shard on the table from the fictional actor from the show. I read it and that shyt is:dame::picard::hubie::hhh::gucci::wtf:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I mean I enjoy playing GTA games but I just can't bring myself to finish them. The best thing they did with those was the heist in GTA V but Rockstar isn't about making new games like that they're about milking online multi. From 2013 to 2021 basically they've released Red Dead 2 and GTA V and that's it. Basically RDR2 is the only console game they released in the last generation.

Daps
As a R* stan, RDR 2 was overrated as hell :francis:
giphy.gif

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I mean I enjoy playing GTA games but I just can't bring myself to finish them. The best thing they did with those was the heist in GTA V but Rockstar isn't about making new games like that they're about milking online multi. From 2013 to 2021 basically they've released Red Dead 2 and GTA V and that's it. Basically RDR2 is the only console game they released in the last generation.

They’re becoming the new valve. You get the sense that the company doesn’t even wanna make games anymore. If rockstar could profit off gta online indefinitely they will.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
I semi enjoy rockstar games now but definitely don’t have the same magic. Took me until 2 ago to finally beat dead dead. Well I haven’t turned it on since aurther died but yea I consider that beating it. At the end I just kept fast tracking everywhere. Boring as hell eroding a horse in a empty world.