Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

Insensitive

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Rockstar despite having terrible work conditions has some literal wizards in their studios.
The technology they have in GTAV & RDR2 with their commitment to simulation drags all
these other studios. :pachaha:

A.I. that knows when it's being stalked, when it's being insulted, when you stare at too long, contextual behaviors
based on whether or not the A.I. is more timid or aggressive, etc.
That's without considering the dope as physics and animation systems combined with the A.I.

This makes A LOT of other open worlds seem static and boring in comparison.
Hopefully this changes with this generation and we get back to dope simulations (Far Cry 2 TO THIS DAY is still smoking
many FPS games on the simulation aspect.)

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I want to see ND tackle an open world game with the same level of detail found in TLOU 2. If they did that, I think they would be easily crowned GOAT game dev.
When was the last time they did an open world/semi open world game? Jak 3?

its nuts how much they changed and dabbled with different genres since Crash Bandicoot yet its always quality.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s not even your opinion. It’s pretty much the consensus across all platforms, ages, colors, devs, studios and awards that rockstar is the most advanced and the leader of open world worlds.

these dudes responses are full of anger and flat out excuses for bullshyt.

why do they give us cars with shytty control and guns that can’t even shoot the tire from the car?

b-b-b-b-because rpg

Why are there so little cars or people and all they do is stand still and give one liners?

b-b-b-b-because rpg

Why does my man have a sword and is the elite of the elite with two of them and the swordplay gameplay sucks?

b-b-b-b-because rpg

rpg don’t mean wonderful stories and dialogue with quest givers = a great lively world
Stop breh let them say whatever it’s no use to say anything :manny:

I agree but not everyone likes R*.

Afro

Student of life
Supporter
Daps
I still like Saints Row 2 over everything you listed.

Played that game nonstop for like five years, always found something new to do or see.

Can't wait till they update it with the source code :ohlawd:

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
When was the last time they did an open world/semi open world game? Jak 3?

its nuts how much they changed and dabbled with different genres since Crash Bandicoot yet its always quality.
Neil said they almost made TLOU 2 an open world game.

But changed it because they story wasnt flowing right.

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.
Nah rockstar literally can’t pull off a game like this. They are dope with fukkery game. This ain’t meant to be a fukkery game.

Hopeofmypeople

Veteran
Daps
Imagine catching feelings cause people reeling the truth about how shytty gaming studios are compared to 1 that makes quality shyt:mjlol:

Dudes really in here aggy like bytches

I just hope some of the posters in here have the same energy for other studios going forward and give them the same leeway and excuses for heavily flawed game. I pray someone is quoting some of these responses because we all know certain people will be quick to throw shade at minor issues depending on the developer and console of choice the game is on.

You Win Perfect

bow down
Daps
LA Noire still looks amazing in 2020

especially in VR.

The most realistic looking faces you'll see in a VR game imo

Hope they drop Max Payne 4 before they start work on GTA6
didn't they use real actors faces for motion capture and 3d models? you think a massive open world game is gonna be able to do that with every NPC and playable character. Do you know how much money that would cost?
weirdos still dikkriding an old as GTA game.
studio has to severely degrade a games graphics, features and mechanics just to optimize it for these low power consoles.
i gave up on consoles. PC >

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
All of these studios are good at what they do. GTA and RDR are open ended sandbox games. Cyberpunk and Witcher are very wide linear sandbox games that are heavy into the RPG elements which is a whole different beast. There is a little bit of a difference in what the games are trying to accomplish through their open worlds.

Roid Jones

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Rockstar runs this, respect the crown

and yes y'all will flock to get the next GTA

tenor.gif