Rockstar is light years beyond these other studios

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I see what Cyberpunk has going for it but being that it is an open-world game puts it in the same lane as GTA and it's quite amazing how a PS3/360 era game still shytting on it in many ways.

You guys didn't even have to bring up RDR2, that's overkill :whew:

Cyberpunk's strength lies in its story missions, the graphics, and writing if I had to guess. When GTA V first came out, just doing reckless shyt like driving through the streets, killing random NPCs, and causing mayhem were one of the very first things most people would do. You didn't even need to do side missions to have fun. In Cyberpunk, walking around is boring so I just do side missions. The world looks amazing but nothing is going on in it when you try to explore. It's just visual candy but the NPCs and lack of interaction throw me out of the illusion. Don't get me started on the garbage ass hip hop radio in the game. The first game where I don't even want to listen to it. shyt is trash.

If the game had way more things going on in the open world that was different from GTA, it'd get a pass but it doesn't. I can play Fallout and this doesn't concern me as the world feels lived in. Like someone said before, the walking out of the apartment scene in the intro looks cool but then you realize that's just a scripted scene whereas in RDR2 those random NPC encounters happen in random places with different people.

Until Rockstar blesses us with GTA VI, we won't get that feeling back with these other knock-off open-world games.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
the thread is about rockstar son

rockstar made red dead redemption 2, thats what i been speaking on this whole time, you know that for a fact because you was replying to me talking about the same game

you cant be a grown ass man catching feelings online about some video games, calling random nikkas all types of names and shyt because they dont like the same game you like, who raised you forreal

Red Dead is GTA with a cowboy skin dumb asss, Rockstar can only make one TYPE OF GAME

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk are different, yet competing the quest line mechanic, but are two different types of games

you are the butt hurt, catching feelings not me because you wanna a stan a company and act like they PS2 era game mechanics are something special

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thread title is ROCKSTAR is lightyears beyond homie. I'm pretty sure that includes RDR:yeshrug:

RDR is grand theft auto with a cowboy skin, they been making the exact same game since San Andreas

Wicther 3 and Cyberpunk, are far apart from each other enough where they aren't even comparable to each other

they better than Rockstar, end of story

Deafheaven

Gleaming and Empty
Supporter
Daps
RDR is grand theft auto with a cowboy skin, they been making the exact same game since San Andreas

Wicther 3 and Cyberpunk, are far apart from each other enough where they aren't even comparable to each other

they better than Rockstar, end of story

objectively this is cap but I'm not about to go back and forth so you can start insulting me so believe what you want :yeshrug:

fwiw you could make a 2 hour long vid of all the wack shyt in cyberpunk atm

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
the thing with Rockstar games is the gameplay never really progresses. you get to the last mission, and it's just another shoot out. there's also never a real challenge

a game like Cyberpunk completely changes as you level up your character and equipment. enemies also level up and present new challenges

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
Red Dead is GTA with a cowboy skin dumb asss, Rockstar can only make one TYPE OF GAME

Witcher 3 and Cyberpunk are different, yet competing the quest line mechanic, but are two different types of games

you are the butt hurt, catching feelings not me because you wanna a stan a company and act like they PS2 era game mechanics are something special

you obviously feel mad passionate about this for some odd reason, i was wrong for thinking the stereotypes about folk on video game forums would be different on this website

do what you do b

BlackXCL

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
t.
@The Devil's Advocate

This is a fact.

Naughty Dog and Rockstar are simply more talented and better at making video games than everyone else.

No one does open world like rockstar.

No one does cinematic, wide linear like Naughty Dog. Point blank.

I don't know how or why the fukking gap is so wide, but it is. Other studios need to step their shyt way up.

How the hell you take 7 years to make Cyberbug 1977? With that trash AI? With that poor lifeless city?

Do you know how fukking INSANE a Naughty Dog game would be if it had a 7 year development cycle?

Theres Levels to talent man. People cant grasp the concept.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
@The Devil's Advocate

This is a fact.

Naughty Dog and Rockstar are simply more talented and better at making video games than everyone else.

No one does open world like rockstar.

No one does cinematic, wide linear like Naughty Dog. Point blank.

I don't know how or why the fukking gap is so wide, but it is. Other studios need to step their shyt way up.

How the hell you take 7 years to make Cyberbug 1977? With that trash AI? With that poor lifeless city?

Do you know how fukking INSANE a Naughty Dog game would be if it had a 7 year development cycle?

Theres Levels to talent man. People cant grasp the concept.
Cyberpunk's development didn't really start until 2016, after Blood and Wine

Dushane Hill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Squamish, British Columbia
Gotta agree with OP. It's pretty clear at this point that only Rockstar can create a truly believable and immersive open world - Night City looks great (if you're playing on a high end PC) but it's just missing something.

I'm still in awe with what Rockstar done with RDR2's game world - that surpassed all expectations I had of them. Having said that though, I'd like to see what ND could do with the open world genre.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

giphy.webp

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
rockstar makes games for casuals who only buy a console for 3 games.

its in the same realm as CoD, Assassins creed, fifa at this point.