Robin Thicke's Black Son

marcuz

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
true true... funny now that i'm preggo it's becoming real. i think i'd be seriously pissed if my child choose to rep one over the other. :stopitslime:

judging from previous comments, you'll raise him/her as black :yeshrug:

edit: actually :leostare: if it's boy, you'll raise him as mixed. if it's a girl, she'll be black.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
they do that "Rainman" fool is just SALTY as fukk and bitter towards black chicks with White men so he'd never admit she's sexy as shyt. :umad: :smugbiden:

Naw I don't know about him, but I don't identify paula as a black woman, but the self ether is real that black women count her as one. This is why I know black people are apprehensive about biracials identifying as such. We subconsciously acknowledge that they are afforded opportunities in society that us monoracial brothers and sisters aren't afforded.

Black women lose points in the standards of beauty and black men lose points in politics and business(if you haven't noticed all the prominent black leadership is hella whitewashed)

If you put Paula Patton in her group as a biracial women she doesn't even register. When you got Halle and Gugu Mbatha Raw

gugu-mbatha-raw-picture_430x600.jpg

she doesn't even register.

Check it.

Suzanne_Malveaux_080221-N-4965F-108.jpeg

obrien.soledad.jpg

145678.jpg

If you hadn't noticed most of the prominent black woman news casters on liberal stations are in fact biracial. Suzanne Malveoux's father one of the most prominent "black" physicians out there.

staff_malveaux.jpg

There's levels to this shyt brehs.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
I remember having an argument with you and I pretty much said the exact same thing as you only I said if a Black person who is mixed wants to identify as mixed than that is their right, but their skin color is black and mostly black and you disagreed with me :laugh:

My question to you is, if you are thinking about it in those words and you are saying if a mixed person looks as white as that child than he is mostly white, do you hold that same opinion for people who are mixed who happen to be mostly black? How black do they have to look in order to pass as black :laugh:

If this kid is black, Obama's kids are white.

sasha-malia-obama-hair-lead-2.jpg

Michelle must be so proud to be raising these beautiful white girls. :beli:

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
If this kid is black, Obama's kids are white.

sasha-malia-obama-hair-lead-2.jpg

Michelle must be so proud to be raising these beautiful white girls. :beli:
I obviously don't think that white kid is black, I am just wondering how black you have to look to be considered black in your eyes... So Obama's kids are what you're using as the standard for blackness?

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Naw I don't know about him, but I don't identify paula as a black woman, but the self ether is real that black women count her as one. This is why I know black people are apprehensive about biracials identifying as such. We subconsciously acknowledge that they are afforded opportunities in society that us monoracial brothers and sisters aren't afforded.

Black women lose points in the standards of beauty and black men lose points in politics and business(if you haven't noticed all the prominent black leadership is hella whitewashed)

If you put Paula Patton in her group as a biracial women she doesn't even register. When you got Halle and Gugu Mbatha Raw

gugu-mbatha-raw-picture_430x600.jpg

she doesn't even register.

Check it.

Suzanne_Malveaux_080221-N-4965F-108.jpeg

obrien.soledad.jpg

145678.jpg

If you hadn't noticed most of the prominent black woman news casters on liberal stations are in fact biracial. Suzanne Malveoux's father one of the most prominent "black" physicians out there.

staff_malveaux.jpg

There's levels to this shyt brehs.
agreed we really do ourselves a "disservice" by excepting them as black. they don't hear us tho. (i'm not talking about muticultural black folks either. shyt i'm muticulural as are MOST blacks) i'm talking about BIRACIALS....that have one straight up one "other" parent. they are their OWN group and should be treated as such.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
I obviously don't think that white kid is black, I am just wondering how black you have to look to be considered black in your eyes... So Obama's kids are what you're using as the standard for blackness?

No they are 75% black. If they identified as mixed it wouldn't be incorrect. But that's at best. They can't go around calling themselves white. :smh:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
judging from previous comments, you'll raise him/her as black :yeshrug:

edit: actually :leostare: if it's boy, you'll raise him as mixed. if it's a girl, she'll be black.
nah i'll raise both(boy or girl) to accept and claim BOTH despite what the world may try to box them in as.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
No they are 75% black. If they identified as mixed it wouldn't be incorrect. But that's at best. They can't go around calling themselves white. :smh:
I think you misunderstood my question... I am asking, as mixed children, should they identify as black just like how Robin Thicke's child is basically white?

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
I think you misunderstood my question... I am asking, as mixed children, should they identify as black just like how Robin Thicke's child is basically white?

For me personally mixed or black would correct. It would be factually true. They are mostly black and they have a white grandparent.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
agreed we really do ourselves a "disservice" by excepting them as black. they don't hear us tho. (i'm not talking about muticultural black folks either. shyt i'm muticulural as are MOST blacks) i'm talking about BIRACIALS....that have one straight up one "other" parent. they are their OWN group and should be treated as such.
Are you biracial? Oh and congratulations on your pregnancy... Just saw that...