Robin Thicke's Black Son

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Why do you say "y'all" for? Like I don't know that there is black, white, mixed west Indians, you forgot there is Indian and Asian west Indians as well. I consider myself black as well, not because of what "Amerikkkans" say but because of how I was raised, my culture, and my roots are more african than anything, (the food I eat, the dancing, instruments, etc.)
what island are YOU from where your culture is mostly african? :what:
west indians have a culture ALL OUR OWN. is it african? NO. It has african influences yes ...but jamaica for example is a fusion of mostly african..english and indian cultures. i feel my english and indian influences AS MUCH as the african influences. and that's how I was "raised".

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
Brazil also has the 2nd highest black population, but yes there is mixed people there as well. My question is what constitutes as a black person to you, greatestlaker and mikebrown. Are you from the caribbean right? If so what do you classify yourself as? My island has one of the largest carib Indian populations in the west Indies, my grandmother is carib indian/white on my father side, I also have a grandmother on my mom side who is carib indian. My skin is brown, hair is thick and nappy, a slim pointy nose. I consider myself as a black person even though somebody on here said black people can't have pointy noses :mjpls:. Again, is it only people from certain parts of Africa that can claim black? (This is what I want to hear from you, and the 2 other posters I mentioned)
My mother is Afro-Caribbean of Virgin Islands and Puerto Rican descent. :blessed:

Its nice and all that you ignore your other heritage and only consider yourself black. Go to Africa and see what they have to say about your ass. Tommy Knocks' mother is African. When he visited his mother's country they straight up told him he isn't one of them.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
My mother is Afro-Caribbean of Virgin Islands and Puerto Rican descent. :blessed:

Its nice and all that you ignore your other heritage and only consider yourself black. Go to Africa and see what they have to say about your ass. Tommy Knocks mother is African. When he visited his mother's country they straight up told him he isn't one of them.

Why should I embrace it when I am so far removed it? My grandmother is white/carib indian, she married a black man, had plenty of kids(My dad being one of them). My grandmother on my mom side is carib Indian, also married a black man, had plenty of kids(My mother being one of them) my grandparents era is a long time ago, generations apart. @Anothergirl I am from Dominica, yes the island has strong african roots, do some research on it, there is blends of other cultures as well, such as french, and the cultures the carib Indians have down there. Your experience is far different than mine.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
You are sounding like one of those Dominicans(DR) now when it comes to their African ancestry.

No, I know my blood has carib indian and white (french) descendants. I know about my bloodline, when people ask me what I am I always tell them that I'm black, what you want me to say? That I am 25% white with a small trace of carib Indian in me as well, my grandparents would be in their late 90's-100's if they were alive, I only have one that is alive and she is 93. Their era is not near mine.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps
No, I know my blood has carib indian and white (french) descendants. I know about my bloodline, when people ask me what I am I always tell them that I'm black, what you want me to say? That I am 25% white with a small trace of carib Indian in me as well, my grandparents would be in their late 90's-100's if they were alive, I only have one that is alive and she is 93. Their era is not near mine.
Do you, breh.

If you want to pass as black go ahead. :manny:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
don't take this as disrespect but do you share the same mother and father with all your siblings?

of course :pachaha:but none of my siblings are black...I'm the only black person in the family with you guys logic

one of my brehs gets asked if he's Dominican Republic all the time.

On my father's side he has a wide range of colors in his siblings. 3 of them are very very light one of them has red hair, my dad is brown, and 3 of his brothers are dark like me.

My daughter has reddish hair even though she's light brown, me and my wife are dark. My brother has 3 children all of them have reddish hair...I guess none of us are black :russ:

Last edited:

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
what island are YOU from where your culture is mostly african? :what:
west indians have a culture ALL OUR OWN. is it african? NO. It has african influences yes ...but jamaica for example is a fusion of mostly african..english and indian cultures. i feel my english and indian influences AS MUCH as the african influences. and that's how I was "raised".

:shaq2: Do you have tea and crumpets at 14:00 mate?
tumblr_mpc4qxS8sI1rz36j2o7_100.png
Do you celebrate Diwali? I mean come on, let's be serious, just because you play cricket and have curry chicken doesn't mean anything. If that's the case, then all Americans are citizens of every country. :heh:

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
yes i'm jamaican. My mom is black jamaican ...very dark chocolate skin. west african features. she's a BLACK jamaican. My dad is mulatto jamaican..light skin..grey eyes..pointy nose..wavy hair. his grandmother is Scottish and his dad mixed with south east asian(India). i'm carmel (on the lighter side of caramel) wavy hair with big south east indian dravadian eyes. my whole life i've gotten "what are you". i get people coming up to me speaking spanish etc. DESPITE ALL THAT i consider myself BLACK always have. that's what amerikkkans are going to consider me anyway. so what's the point of claiming anything else. i'm glad that's slowing changing with the boom of interacial kids being born.
i think what some of y'all forget is that. there's black ...white AND mixed west indians. and they all intermarry which makes things confusing sometimes. you shouldn't have to "pick one". no other country does that assbackwards sh*t.

You just contradicted your whole point! :mindblown:

AntiHero

Long time lurker
Daps
I should've known Anotherc00n would be in this thread :russ:.

lol @ her hoping that her child comes out with white features.

This site has an abundance of c00ns and to be honest, i don't understand them.

This whole interracial propaganda is starting to get out of hands.

Interracial is more of an experiment rather than normal attraction, just look at anotherc00n for an example.

All i've seen from her is "my white" this or "teamswirl" that.

If you're going to date someone, date them for them not their race.

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
Sub-Saharan Africa is a geopolitical area. It refers to nation-states south of the Sahara. Sub meaning below and the Sahara being a desert. It's not offensive but dumb ass black people have made it seem like an insult. The reason for separating North Africa and Sub-Saharan Africa is because of culture, socio-political differences. For the most part, North Africans (whether Berber, Arab, or Copt) have more cultural similarities with those outside of the continent then inside the continent. It's not merely a skin complexion thing as you probably believe.

So that is exactly what I'm saying.

It is common sense.

Geography plays a key role in this.

:rudy: @ trying to school me on some social-political stuff.

First of all it does not get "blacker" the further south you go. Their are BLACK North Africans, that are DARKER then some Africans SOUTH of the Sahara.

Look at the current President of Tunisia (the uppermost country of Africa):

Moncef_Marzouki2.jpg

Compare to the wife of the Congolese dictator (right):
olive01.jpg

Africa is the most DIVERSE continent of the world with the most DIVERSE people in the world.

SECOND: Their are NOT that many Arabs that even want to be associated with AFRICA, and rather they be called MIDDLE-EASTERN. It is MORE than just separating from the rest of Africa purely based on political and cultural conditions. It is because THEY don't want to be associated with BLACK Africa. Tell that to the Arabs who rioted in Libya when Gaddafi invited them to work. Or when they started KILLING Black Libyans in the Civil war.

And yet you claim is just PURELY on geographic and cultural differences :rudy:

If that is so, then WHY is it commonly referred as "Black Africa"???

Last edited:

Benjamin Sisko

Still that resident truth-bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO
:ohlawd: schoolin' these fools in here tryna spin shyt to further their agenda of blackwashing the whole world. they don't realize that does more HARM than good.

::russ::russ::russ::russ:
LOL you cosign with the same dude who called you "FAT FROM THE BACON THAT NEEDS TO BE TRIMMED"