Robin Thicke's Black Son

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Goddamn you are fukking ignorant.

You do know there are a number of Jamaicans that are Chinese and Indian? And there are several Afro-Jamaicans that have Asian ancestry?

After slavery was abolished in the Caribbean. The British brought over Indians and Chinese to work as Indentured Servants in the British West Indies. That's why close to 40% of Trinidad and Guyana's population is Indian and Chinese.

Pick up a fukking history book. You are embarrassing yourself.

Of course I know that. I'm specifically speaking about Naomi Campbell. There is no guarantee that every single Jamaican has some Chinese ancestry.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
Goddamn you are fukking ignorant.

You do know there are a number of Jamaicans that are Chinese and Indian? And there are several Afro-Jamaicans that have Asian ancestry?

After slavery was abolished in the Caribbean. The British brought over Indians and Chinese to work as Indentured Servants in the British West Indies. That's why close to 40% of Trinidad and Guyana's population is Indian and Chinese.

Pick up a fukking history book. You are embarrassing yourself.

:wow:

It's like we spitting 100% facts and they choose to ignore it. If this thread is indicative of the emotional roller coaster that's going to ensue in the next 50 years I don't know what is.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Skimmed through some parts of this thread, so according to the race geniuses on here, what do you consider someone who's grandparents are mixed? Are they still not black? White? Just want to hear your answers to this topic :mjpls:

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Skimmed through some parts of this thread, so according to the race geniuses on here, what do you consider someone who's grandparents are mixed? Are they still not black? White? Just want to hear your answers to this topic :mjpls:

There's this thing called Multigenerational mixed. :aicmon:

vanessa-williams.jpg

In the case of Vanessa Williams, the actress does come from a family that has became mixed-race and continually remained mixed-race throughout the family’s many generations leading up to Vanessa’s very own generation.
Thus, Vanessa is a multi-generational multiracially-mixed (MGM-Mixed) individual, because she comes from a family that has became and continually remained mixed-race throughout its multiple generations.

Vanessa Williams can be classified as “multiracial” because she has additional racial ancestries other than just one, but she self-identifies as “Black,” nonetheless; and Vanessa is “black” in a socio-political sense. Although there are many erroneous sources that claim that Vanessa Williams is “biracial” or “half-white and half-black,” she actually is not because she is not an interracial relationship offspring and neither are any of her parents.

Vanessa Williams’ father, Milton Williams, Jr. is an African-American who was born to two African-American parents–Iris Carll and Milton Williams, Sr.
Wilton Williams, Sr. was born to two African-American parents as well–John Hill Williams and Mary Fields. Mary Fields was the daughter of William A. Fields–a teacher who was classified as “mulatto,” and who also served on the Tennessee state legislature.

Iris Carll, Vanessa’s paternal grandmother, was the daughter of Frank Carll. Frank Carll was “biracial” because his mother, Mary Louisa Appleford, was white, and Frank Carll’s father, David Carll, a pioneering free negro who served in the Union Army, was African-American. That means that Vanessa Williams great-great-grandmother was a white woman named Mary Louisa Appleford.

Beyonce would fall into this category as well.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Daps

vanessa-williams.jpg

In the case of Vanessa Williams, the actress does come from a family that has became mixed-race and continually remained mixed-race throughout the family’s many generations leading up to Vanessa’s very own generation.
Thus, Vanessa is a multi-generational multiracially-mixed (MGM-Mixed) individual, because she comes from a family that has became and continually remained mixed-race throughout its multiple generations.

Vanessa Williams can be classified as “multiracial” because she has additional racial ancestries other than just one, but she self-identifies as “Black,” nonetheless; and Vanessa is “black” in a socio-political sense. Although there are many erroneous sources that claim that Vanessa Williams is “biracial” or “half-white and half-black,” she actually is not because she is not an interracial relationship offspring and neither are any of her parents.

Vanessa Williams’ father, Milton Williams, Jr. is an African-American who was born to two African-American parents–Iris Carll and Milton Williams, Sr.
Wilton Williams, Sr. was born to two African-American parents as well–John Hill Williams and Mary Fields. Mary Fields was the daughter of William A. Fields–a teacher who was classified as “mulatto,” and who also served on the Tennessee state legislature.

Iris Carll, Vanessa’s paternal grandmother, was the daughter of Frank Carll. Frank Carll was “biracial” because his mother, Mary Louisa Appleford, was white, and Frank Carll’s father, David Carll, a pioneering free negro who served in the Union Army, was African-American. That means that Vanessa Williams great-great-grandmother was a white woman named Mary Louisa Appleford.

Vanessa Willians took a DNA test awhile back and it came back 52% African and 48% European.

This is her father and mother.

ht_vanessa_williams_021_jef_ss_120416_ssh.jpg

I Lord Justice

All Star
Daps

vanessa-williams.jpg

What would be the difference between african-american and black in this context?

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda

vanessa-williams.jpg

So in other words, damn near everyone of west Indian descent can't claim black then right? Jamaicans, Dominicans, Trini's, St. Thomians,etc.:beli: So let me get this straight, the only black people according to you, GreatestLaker and AnotherGirl are people straight from Africa then right :pachaha: Go ahead breh, keep on cooking

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
So in other words, damn near everyone of west Indian descent can't claim black then right? Jamaicans, Dominicans, Trini's, St. Thomians,etc.:beli: So let me get this straight, the only black people according to you, GreatestLaker and AnotherGirl are people straight from Africa then right :pachaha: Go ahead breh, keep on cooking
the REALITY is people like Beyonce in south africa are considered coloreds(a name for their mullato population) .....brazil same thing MULLATTOS.... and just about EVERY other country but AmeriKKKa considers them mullattos. that should tell y'all something right there.

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
the REALITY is people like Beyonce in south africa are considered coloreds(a name for their mullato population) .....brazil same thing MULLATTOS.... and just about EVERY other country but AmeriKKKa considers them mullattos. that should tell y'all something right there.

Brazil also has the 2nd highest black population, but yes there is mixed people there as well. My question is what constitutes as a black person to you, greatestlaker and mikebrown. Are you from the caribbean right? If so what do you classify yourself as? My island has one of the largest carib Indian populations in the west Indies, my grandmother is carib indian/white on my father side, I also have a grandmother on my mom side who is carib indian. My skin is brown, hair is thick and nappy, a slim pointy nose. I consider myself as a black person even though somebody on here said black people can't have pointy noses :mjpls:. Again, is it only people from certain parts of Africa that can claim black? (This is what I want to hear from you, and the 2 other posters I mentioned)

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin

Dominicans are an interested bunch. They are largely mutliracial. That's why they identify by their Nationality. Same with Mexicans, Columbians, Puerto Ricans, etc. What part don't you understand that WE AMERICANS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH THAT DO NOT RECOGNIZE MIXED RACED INDIVIDUALS? By them identifying as their Nationality they are stating they are an admixture of white black and native(taino etc). That's why negroes in America cry and whine and make threads online everyday about some Latino breh they know who doesn't identify solely as black. :laff:

What don't you fools get? Some are black, some are white. The majority mixed race. Brazil is a perfect example of this. Haiti is a perfect example of different each nation is. Jamaica as well.

What would be the difference between african-american and black in this context?

:patrice: come again?

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Dominicans are an interested bunch. They are largely mutliracial. That's why they identify by their Nationality. Same with Mexicans, Columbians, Puerto Ricans, etc. What part don't you understand that WE AMERICANS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE ON THIS EARTH THAT DO NOT RECOGNIZE MIXED RACED INDIVIDUALS? By them identifying as their Nationality they are stating they are an admixture of white black and native(taino etc). That's why negroes in America cry and whine and make threads online everyday about some Latino breh they know who doesn't identify solely as black. :laff:

What don't you fools get? Some are black, some are white. The majority mixed race. Brazil is a perfect example of this. Haiti is a perfect example of different each nation is. Jamaica as well.

:patrice: come again?

My post was about Dominicans from Dominica not Dominicans from D.R. should have worded it better, now get back to answering my question

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Brazil also has the 2nd highest black population, but yes there is mixed people there as well. My question is what constitutes as a black person to you, greatestlaker and mikebrown. Are you from the caribbean right? If so what do you classify yourself as? My island has one of the largest carib Indian populations in the west Indies, my grandmother is carib indian/white on my father side, I also have a grandmother on my mom side who is carib indian. My skin is brown, hair is thick and nappy, a slim pointy nose. I consider myself as a black person even though somebody on here said black people can't have pointy noses :mjpls:. Again, is it only people from certain parts of Africa that can claim black? (This is what I want to hear from you, and the 2 other posters I mentioned)

Who said black people can't have pointy noses? Plenty of black people have pointy noses and plenty of so called black people have recent white ancestors :laff:..:smh: In the context of the person we were talking about that person had a trait that is more common in another race of people. Really that simple. Brazil's black population has been severely diluted.

48% of the country identifies as multiracial which they are.

Only 8 percent identifies solely as black.

47% white which is probably false or inflated but there were efforts by the government to whiten up the country much like the Dominican Republic. :mjpls:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Are you from the caribbean right? If so what do you classify yourself as? My island has one of the largest carib Indian populations in the west Indies, my grandmother is carib indian/white on my father side, I also have a grandmother on my mom side who is carib indian. My skin is brown, hair is thick and nappy, a slim pointy nose. I consider myself as a black person even though somebody on here said black people can't have pointy noses :mjpls:. Again, is it only people from certain parts of Africa that can claim black? (This is what I want to hear from you, and the 2 other posters I mentioned)
yes i'm jamaican. My mom is black jamaican ...very dark chocolate skin. west african features. she's a BLACK jamaican. My dad is mulatto jamaican..light skin..grey eyes..pointy nose..wavy hair. his grandmother is Scottish and his dad mixed with south east asian(India). i'm carmel (on the lighter side of caramel) wavy hair with big south east indian dravadian eyes. my whole life i've gotten "what are you". i get people coming up to me speaking spanish etc. DESPITE ALL THAT i consider myself BLACK always have. that's what amerikkkans are going to consider me anyway. so what's the point of claiming anything else. i'm glad that's slowing changing with the boom of interacial kids being born.
i think what some of y'all forget is that. there's black ...white AND mixed west indians. and they all intermarry which makes things confusing sometimes. you shouldn't have to "pick one". no other country does that assbackwards sh*t.

Last edited:

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
yes i'm jamaican. My mom is black jamaican ...very dark chocolate skin. west african features. she's a BLACK jamaican. My dad is mulatto jamaican..light skin..grey eyes..pointy nose..wavy hair. his grandmother is Scottish and his dad mixed with south east asian(India). i'm carmel (on the lighter side of caramel) wavy hair with south east indian dravadian eyes. my whole life i've gotten "what are you". i get people coming up to me speaking spanish etc. DESPITE ALL THAT i consider myself BLACK always have. that's what amerikkkans are going to consider me anyway. so what's the point of claiming anything else. i'm glad that's slowing changing with the boom of interacial kids being born.
i think what some of y'all forget is that. there's black ...white AND mixed west indians. and they all intermarry which makes thing confusing sometimes. you shouldn't have to "pick one". no other country does that assbackwards sh*t.

Why do you say "y'all" for? Like I don't know that there is black, white, mixed west Indians, you forgot there is Indian and Asian west Indians as well. I consider myself black as well, not because of what "Amerikkkans" say but because of how I was raised, my culture, and my roots are more african than anything, (the food I eat, the dancing, instruments, etc.)