Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Holy shyt, this game is long and epic. Was gonna try to finish it tonight but that's not happening.:ohhh:
Yeah. I'm like 15 hours in and I only did one tomb. Tomorrow I go exploring.

I also did the 2 hour Yaba DLC, which I recommend. It was good.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just got out some Mines area and into a village soon after. The Mines area was the only okayish part and then it got boring again.

I just did the cliche "village battle" scene which was meh. I'm struggling to finish this game :yawn:

I'm literally skipping cutscenes now. It's that bad. :pachaha:

I saw w/e the fukk main villain dude name is talking to Ana and rolled my eyes at how bland and soulless the characters are.

Goddamnit.

I can only take an hour or two of gameplay per day and that's it. The pacing is absolutely horrible in this game compared to TR2013.

Whoever the fukk made this game deserves to be fired and dragged out the office and beat with a bag full of Resident Evil 4 and Uncharted 2 discs while screaming "Pacing!!"

Last edited:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
This is like Uncharted 3 for me. It's fun, but it's almost a chore to beat. I kinda just want it to be over. :manny:

I'm almost done with the main campaign and I'm gonna tentatively give it a 7.5/10

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Beat it

Killed Constantine

Now on to the Tombs, though I might wait for a patch to fix the performance on that :patrice:

The Witness and Firewatch are calling.

I changed my score to an 8/10. It was pretty epic at times. Good game, just not great. :manny:

After playing such long games last year, it was nice to play a quick 15 hour game. Not everything has to be 100+ hours to be good.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I don't get the post credit ending. 2 weeks earlier
Ana gets sniped?

Can somebody explain that? How can that happen, given how she's in the game til the end? :mindblown:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
What's it mean? Or is it just what I saw
she got sniped by an unknown group

Maybe it's setting up the next game? :jbhmm:

yeah looks like the next game is gonna be in
honduras if you look at the map. i'm guessing the higher ups at trinity did her. yet they leave lara alive knowing full well she's gonna murk everybody :mjlol:

this bytch got more bodies on her than genghis khan :mjlol:

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Beat it

Killed Constantine

Now on to the Tombs, though I might wait for a patch to fix the performance on that :patrice:

The Witness and Firewatch are calling.

I changed my score to an 8/10. It was pretty epic at times. Good game, just not great. :manny:

After playing such long games last year, it was nice to play a quick 15 hour game. Not everything has to be 100+ hours to be good.
I haven't beaten it yet because I got wrapped up in Rainbow Six Siege but in my play I give it an 8.5. Very good game. I think you guys might be a little soured by the PC specific problems you ran into. I agree that a majority of the items they want you to find are completely pointless, but the game doesn't force you to do any of that so I don't hold it as a negative.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I haven't beaten it yet because I got wrapped up in Rainbow Six Siege but in my play I give it an 8.5. Very good game. I think you guys might be a little soured by the PC specific problems you ran into. I agree that a majority of the items they want you to find are completely pointless, but the game doesn't force you to do any of that so I don't hold it as a negative.
That's just one of the things wrong with this game. they need to remove the RPG elements, side quests and hub world design and zero in on tomb raidin, puzzles, story, writing and combat. The claims that this was much better were absolutely overstated as I don't see how pushing a cart and cutting a rope is so much better. It's "barely" better. There's no sense of accomplishment either as there are storage crates and junk scattered about to "upgrade" stuff for an already easy game. Why even have such large environments with nothing worth finding? At least with MGSV for example these things added to the gameplay in a logical manner. The game scaled with your playtime and methods. Even if you "ignored" this stuff, the natural progression rewarded you with new stuff in mgs. In this, a new weapon didn't matter because an un upgraded pistol was already powerful enough.

This game is like a slice of pepperoni pizza with anchovies, pineapples, mango, mushrooms, olives and barbecue sauce. Sure you can remove some of it off but bits and pieces remain regardless. This is also a pizza served in a bowl for some odd reason. As is, everything this game tries to do falls completely flat.

Last edited:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
That's just one of the things wrong with this game. they need to remove the RPG elements, side quests and hub world design and zero in on tomb raidin, puzzles, story, writing and combat. The claims that this was much better were absolutely overstated as I don't see how pushing a cart and cutting a rope is so much better. It's "barely" better. There's no sense of accomplishment either as there are storage crates and junk scattered about to "upgrade" stuff for an already easy game. Why even have such large environments with nothing worth finding? At least with MGSV for example these things added to the gameplay in a logical manner. The game scaled with your playtime and methods. Even if you "ignored" this stuff, the natural progression rewarded you with new stuff in mgs. In this, a new weapon didn't matter because an un upgraded pistol was already powerful enough.

This game is like a slice of pepperoni pizza with anchovies, pineapples, mango, mushrooms, olives and barbecue sauce. Sure you can remove some of it off but bits and pieces remain regardless. This is also a pizza served in a bowl for some odd reason.
So it should just be another action adventure on rails? Really the only weak points are the story and gunplay (the bow is more her speciality anyway). They wanted to focus on exploration here, which is the reason for the Metroidvania style and open world. I mean there's some pretty cool shyt with the world. Day/night cycles and dynamic weather so you can only hunt certain animals at certain times. But if you just want to go through the story and do Tombs then they give you that option.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
So it should just be another action adventure on rails? Really the only weak points are the story and gunplay (the bow is more her speciality anyway). They wanted to focus on exploration here, which is the reason for the Metroidvania style and open world. I mean there's some pretty cool shyt with the world. Day/night cycles and dynamic weather so you can only hunt certain animals at certain times. But if you just want to go through the story and do Tombs then they give you that option.
It's not really open world like other games. There's just 3 hubs, with everything else being linear. There's actually not that much to explore. I played it linearly, and got my money's worth at least though. :manny:

I beat it at 58%, so I still have a lot to do (mainly the Tombs), but I think I did all the side quests. Now it's just about finding artifacts and foreign language pieces. I dunno if I'm gonna do that (it's kinda boring). I guess there's the weapon parts too, but since I beat it, there's really no point.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It's not really open world like other games. There's just 3 hubs, with everything else being linear. There's actually not that much to explore. I played it linearly, and got my money's worth at least though. :manny:

I beat it at 58%, so I still have a lot to do (mainly the Tombs), but I think I did all the side quests. Now it's just about finding artifacts and foreign language pieces. I dunno if I'm gonna do that (it's kinda boring). I guess there's the weapon parts too, but since I beat it, there's really no point.
Open world just means it's non-linear in my book. Doesn't have to be Gta or No Man's Sky. They just let you explore the set world without you having to follow everything in a straight line.