Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
It's in the soviet spot where you learn to use the rope swing and molotov cocktails. That tomb is really dope breh. I think Im gonna stop doing all the item collecting and sidequests. Having a blast now that the game is actually moving. :salute:
Oh yeah? Giving a game time to get into its groove actually works? Crazy. Almost like the same thing happened with the last Tomb Raider

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Oh yeah? Giving a game time to get into its groove actually works? Crazy. Almost like the same thing happened with the last Tomb Raider
Lol actually the first 2 hours of the game are really dope. It's when you get to the first open hub where it slows down a bit because of all the collectibles and side quests it throws at you. At least for me cus I'm an OCD gamer lol.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just played for 4 hours straight :wow:

I'm liking it more and more. The shooting is the worst part of the game though. I like the platforming. I'm trying to beat the story first and then do the tombs. It says I'm like 50% done, but I think I'm near the end of the game. Will try and beat it tonight.

got the atlas, trinity is trying to dig through the glacier, and I'm at the path of the deathless

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
After you beat the game, can you still play? I haven't done any of the tombs, except one so far. Wondering if I have to do them before completing the game. :jbhmm:

I just want to get the main story done, and then go exploring.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Yeah the shooting is mediocre this time around. Luckily, in the 10 hours or so I've played so far, there's been what, maybe 10 shootouts? And I just wreck them with bombs and molotovs now lol. Game is at its best when you're platforming and doing tombs.

After you beat the game, can you still play? I haven't done any of the tombs, except one so far. Wondering if I have to do them before completing the game. :jbhmm:

I just want to get the main story done, and then go exploring.
Yep you can go back after beating the game and get 100% if you want to.

llt23

All Star
Daps
Played like 3 hours today, just did sidequests and Tombs. I agree with a lot of the critique you guys have been putting out there (ie checklist game)but my experience so far is still really good. I honestly expected Tomb Raider 2013 with better graphics and thats it. They made the experience better, gave you more shyt to do.

My only real complaint is that "fast travel" is actually slow as fukk. Im sure an SSD would fix that, and I understand why the load times are long, but damn they are long.

Actually I got two complaints. Byzantine coins. Picking up like 2 coins here and there, meanwhile you need like 145 for a shot gun. :francis:
I want a shot gun brehs, but I bought some other shyt early on now I gotta grind out maddd coins :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Played like 3 hours today, just did sidequests and Tombs. I agree with a lot of the critique you guys have been putting out there (ie checklist game)but my experience so far is still really good. I honestly expected Tomb Raider 2013 with better graphics and thats it. They made the experience better, gave you more shyt to do.

My only real complaint is that "fast travel" is actually slow as fukk. Im sure an SSD would fix that, and I understand why the load times are long, but damn they are long.

Actually I got two complaints. Byzantine coins. Picking up like 2 coins here and there, meanwhile you need like 145 for a shot gun. :francis:
I want a shot gun brehs, but I bought some other shyt early on now I gotta grind out maddd coins :francis:
You'll automatically get a shotgun for free when progress through the story.

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
Alright so the game is really dope right now. That grapple hook. :banderas: Im past the Geothermal Valley and after the Atlas. Basically all the best parts of this game are the linear moments and the Tomb/Puzzle moments. Game's gone full Uncharted right now too. :whew:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Alright so the game is really dope right now. That grapple hook. :banderas: Im past the Geothermal Valley and after the Atlas. Basically all the best parts of this game are the linear moments and the Tomb/Puzzle moments. Game's gone full Uncharted right now too. :whew:
I keep hearing this area's name and "FPS drops, performance tanks.." online. :mjcry:

I wish I was ignorant like my boy. This nikka playing this in 4K/26~30fps maxed out(cept VH textures). Dude thinks it's smooth. :wow:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I keep hearing this area's name and "FPS drops, performance tanks.." online. :mjcry:

I wish I was ignorant like my boy. This nikka playing this in 4K/26~30fps maxed out(cept VH textures). Dude thinks it's smooth. :wow:
lmao i know breh. I kinda envy people who aren't sensitive to that shyt. I was getting 50fps instead of 60fps. Was totally playable. Can't even imagine how fukked the Xbone version was. :lolbron:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston

Worst performance drops in the game by far.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Almost done with the game. It got better today. I'm at the final campsite. I'll either beat it tonight or tomorrow. Then it's on to the Tombs.