Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
spoilers man....damn :smh:

I ain't beat it yet either. Dude just ruined the entire ending I'm guessing :beli:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Spoilered it up but you fight the main villain at the of the day. There's still the city and the immorality and all that

Alfred0Santana

I used to drop Lewinsky off at the White House.
Daps
Finally got around to starting on XB1 :banderas:reminding me of the last game.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Updated my video drivers and the frame drops are still occuring randomly and no, this game is not visually(imo)that demanding to the point to where it's taxing so much. The graphics aren't consistently amazing like that. I'll wait for a patch.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Updated my video drivers and the frame drops are still occuring randomly and no, this game is not visually(imo)that demanding to the point to where it's taxing so much. The graphics aren't consistently amazing like that. I'll wait for a patch.
I agree about the graphics. The Wither 3 looks better, and is easier to run. This is just bad optimization (sorry @daze23). Nixxes did the first one so well. How could they fukk this one up so much? :mindblown:

Both AMD and Nvidia users looking for new drivers that may never come :mjcry:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
maybe it is bad optimization. my point was about yall saying that whatever gpu should be able to 'max' whatever game out. settings can be put into any game that can cripple any hardware

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
I played on a 970 with 60fps most of the time. The second hub area was in the 50s permanently though

Don't touch the 2 very high shadow settings and SSAA. They can have a 980Ti tapping out. Also very high shadows use a stupid amount of RAM.

This kind of thing used to be the usual. Folks used to complain if they could max out the latest games. The games are supposed to be ahead of the technology :yeshrug:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
maybe it is bad optimization. my point was about yall saying that whatever gpu should be able to 'max' whatever game out. settings can be put into any game that can cripple any hardware
Yeah, this is just bad optimization. Fps drops for no reason, horrible sli scaling (only 50% on each card :why:) AA that doesn't work for some people, flickering snow, water, and smoke when in sli, etc., etc.

Hopefully we get some new drivers and profiles soon. I'm not counting on it. Here's to 60fps-35fps for no goddamn reason (no bottlenecks or anything). I'm gonna try to beat it tomorrow. At this point I'm kinda done with this game. I kinda agree with @Fatboi1 . This is really just TR2013.5.

Plus, I wanna start The Witness.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I played on a 970 with 60fps most of the time. The second hub area was in the 50s permanently though

Don't touch the 2 very high shadow settings and SSAA. They can have a 980Ti tapping out. Also very high shadows use a stupid amount of RAM.

This kind of thing used to be the usual. Folks used to complain if they could max out the latest games. The games are supposed to be ahead of the technology :yeshrug:
The game is fukked up in sli at very high. And I'm only using MSAA. SSAA is like running it at 4 or 8K. I stay away from that. 1440p with 12gb of VRAM should be enough for the graphics I'm running. Just go to the steam forum. Everybody is complaining like me and @Fatboi1

We need a fix.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Yeah, this is just bad optimization. Fps drops for no reason, horrible sli scaling (only 50% on each card :why:) AA that doesn't work for some people, flickering snow, water, and smoke when in sli, etc., etc.

Hopefully we get some new drivers and profiles soon. I'm not counting on it. Here's to 60fps-35fps for no goddamn reason (no bottlenecks or anything). I'm gonna try to beat it tomorrow. At this point I'm kinda done with this game. I kinda agree with @Fatboi1 . This is really just TR2013.5.

Plus, I wanna start The Witness.
yeah, I didn't even bother with this since I knew I'd rather play The Witness and Xcom 2. I didn't really like TR2013 that much. felt like I was doing the same shyt over and over (look for white rope conveniently placed everywhere, zip-line, climb around corner, pull myself up, rinse, repeat)

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
The game is fukked up in sli at very high. And I'm only using MSAA. SSAA is like running it at 4 or 8K. I stay away from that. 1440p with 12gb of VRAM should be enough for the graphics I'm running. Just go to the steam forum. Everybody is complaining like me and @Fatboi1

We need a fix.

Word, sli not working is some bullshyt especially when nvidia themselves collaborated. Also you're right about the RAM. High textures at 1080p was using 3GB+ at times but the game looks good I thought maybe they really were that high res. I don't know if they can do anything about that. Single card wise I think it's just a really demanding game. They need to get on that sli quick though. Shyt like this is why I've never doubled up