Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
How the game called Tomb Raider when raiding tombs is optional?? :camby:
You realize how stupid that sound?? The main draw of the game is some jack of all trades master of none shyt where everything it does pales in comparison to other games.

Uncharted not even about raiding tombs or none of that other shyt. You spend more time fighting and shooting and doing crazy shyt than exploring "tombs".
Sorry breh, calling bullshyt. This game pretty much shyts on every open world game and third person shooter these days. Uncharted 4 might be better but that's about it. :yeshrug: Unless you wanna make a case for shyt like Batman, Mad Max, Fallout 4, etc. :mjlol:

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
Sorry breh, calling bullshyt. This game pretty much shyts on every open world game and third person shooter these days. Uncharted 4 might be better but that's about it. :yeshrug: Unless you wanna make a case for shyt like Batman, Mad Max, Fallout 4, etc. :mjlol:
Mad max, for what it was, is a good game for not being hyped to all hell. I'm really getting sick of lazy ass open world games tho, nothing like an amazing linear title.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
18264.jpg

I know you like the game but to say this game's TPS "shyts" on anything makes me think you don't even play TPS games at all.

You telling me the atrocious gun handling and gun mechanics on this is seeing Max Payne 3, Gears of War 3? Resident Evil 4? Vanquish? Red Dead Redemption?

Is the criteria for being a good TPS not in how the actual guns sound, it's visual feedback(How enemies react, the sounds in the environment, the recoil and bullet spread, how bullets spread etc but because there's a bow and arrow and upgradeables??

Open world better than those games how?? It's literally just open areas with a bunch of collectables and a optional tomb here and there.. How can that even compare to GTA? To Fallout? To Skyrim? To Witcher?? This game having open environments is nowhere near as good as any of these actual open world games.

:mindblown:

Come on breh. Just because the game is the newest flavor of the month don't mean it's "shytting" on anything.

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
@Fatboi1

I said games "these days". Mentioning RE4 and shyt lol, and games from 5-6 years ago. Not to mention ROTTR is better than some of those games, like Gears of War 3. Not at shooting, but overall. And Im sorry but Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher's gameplay mechanics are trash compared to Tomb Raider. Janky ass shyt. So yes, I think ROTTR is better. :francis:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1

I said games "these days". Mentioning RE4 and shyt lol, and games from 5-6 years ago. Not to mention ROTTR is better than some of those games, like Gears of War 3. Not at shooting, but overall. And Im sorry but Fallout, Skyrim, Witcher's gameplay mechanics are trash compared to Tomb Raider. Janky ass shyt. So yes, I think ROTTR is better. :francis:
You said "open world" and ROTR is NOT better than Skyrim, Fallout and Witcher if we were just strictly comparing them as open world games. ROTR is not as sophisticated as those games so saying it's "better" is silly.

As for shooting, i'm talking strictly the feel of shooting, the way guns handle, the sound effects, the visual feedback(enemy hit reactions, hit markers, bullets whizzing by etc.)

Tomb Raider is absolutely piss poor at that. I literally rolled my eyes as I was playing this shyt like "I can't believe something is this bad in 2016". Granted there's not many TPS out this gen yet, I can see just taking it for w/e but hell, even MGSV which I think is tolerable is still way better than this in that aspect.
If that shyt is amazing to you then more power to you :yeshrug:.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Negged back always ruining shyt with your fanboy. Take that shyt elsewhere. Weird ass infautation with that fukking game that is so average. Straight weirdo.
Your rep:
(Get off uncharted dikk breh my god)

It's funny because as soon as I started talking about my gripes with the game, someone else mentioned UC4. I didn't even bring up UC4. Nikkaz in here telling on themselves. This isn't the "ROTR Rainbow and Hugs thread(don't bring up any other game named UC4 in here)" thread. :camby:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
You said "open world" and ROTR is NOT better than Skyrim, Fallout and Witcher if we were just strictly comparing them as open world games. ROTR is not as sophisticated as those games so saying it's "better" is silly.
I'm talking overall as a game. I don't care how big a game's open world is if the gameplay is ass. Which is the case for pretty much every open world game in 2015 except MGSV. :yeshrug:

edit: and I don't even stan Tomb Raider like that. Don't let the avatar fool you. Everything I said about TR in this thread I would say the exact same thing about Uncharted 4. I think UC4 will massacre those games too. :sas1:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
Finished this joint earlier. Shyt looked mind blowing on my computer but at the end of the day it was some old cookie cutter shyt. Combat was easy as hell. Poison arrow murked damn near everything. I played on Survivor and supplies were too plentiful for it to be any kind of real challenge. I had full health and full special arrows racked up permanently. The guns themselves felt like pea shooters, no punch to them or nothing. That 50 Cent game had a better AK than this. The tombs were still too easy and the rest of the game was just a matter of holding forward while shyt exploded around you. Traversal posed no challenge at all. Again they made a game for people who don't fukk with Tomb Raider. Gunplay doesn't touch Uncharted and exploration is still too fukking simple. Good thing this shyt looks hot because if it was uglier :wow:

For real the fukking graphics god damn:wow:

Story was straight to VHS status:wow:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah they need to get bolder with their direction, not try to cater to casual gamers. :wow:
They need to make a AAA version of this game:
header.jpg

This was a GREAT game. This is what I expect TR to be, not some janky, generic version of UC3 with generic modern day gaming padding. Collecting a thousand diaries and relics so close to one another is terrible. The reward for these things isn't worth it at all. The fact that tombs and shyt aren't the focus in a TR game is laughable. Where's the dual pistols?

They need to fire whoever is writing and in charge of the actors. This is Walmart straight to cassette tape bad. The fact some people actually think this games execution is something UC should follow scares me. :merchant:

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
They need to make a AAA version of this game:
header.jpg

This was a GREAT game. This is what I expect TR to be, not some janky, generic version of UC3 with generic modern day gaming padding. Collecting a thousand diaries and relics so close to one another is terrible. The reward for these things isn't worth it at all. The fact that tombs and shyt aren't the focus in a TR game is laughable. Where's the dual pistols?

They need to fire whoever is writing and in charge of the actors. This is Walmart straight to VHS bad. The fact some people actually think this games execution is something UC should follow scares me. :merchant:
Yeah Crystal Dynamics know how to make a Tomb Raider game based around tombs and puzzles. What's messing em up is trying to cater to casuals who just want action and open world shyt (probably partly cus of Square Enix). Environmental puzzles are like roadblocks to people who are too lazy to engage themselves in a game. Uncharted doesn't have this problem because it aims to be a cinematic shooter/platformer and nothing else. Its puzzle moments are far and few between and take like 5 minutes to solve tops.

One thing that they can definitely change is the writer though, her work is straight basura. Mirror's Edge, Tomb Raider, Rise of the Tomb Raider. She can't write, she can't make interesting characters, she needs to go. :camby:

Last edited:

Mr Clean

Superstar
Daps
When they kidnap Lara and put her in that room with Ana, a bytch I don't even know and that threaten Lara with, "tell us what you know or I'm gonna choke this ho:ufdup:" 2 seconds later Ana hits you with, "actually I'm with Trinity too mayne :yeshrug:" What kind of plan was that? :mjlol:

Then at the end this dude Konstanin hits you with, "Trinity killed your father :birdman:" Who the fukk else was it you dumb motherfukka. Take this arrow to your throat dog :mjlol:

They played that like it was a twist :mjlol:

Man these villains are some of the worst I've encountered since I touched a controller in 92 :mjlol:

Last edited: