Rise of the Tomb Raider [Official Thread] PS4 finally experiencing greatness

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Great, another game with bs bloat and padding to artificially lengthen the game. :snoop:

Pacing is all sorts of dumb now. This soviet installation area is so damn boring.

Nikka got me out here looking for com towers like this is MGSV.

It's not like the gameplay is even amazing or anything. I find the gunplay to still be mediocre and the enemy AI bland. The Pistol so far feels very weak and light with no punch. It's nowhere near as terrifying as when you first grab a pistol in TLOU and shoot someone and how punchy it was and the hit feedback :wow:

shyt is disappointing.

mIab.gif

You can't tell me shyt like this ain't satisfying as fukk.

Haven't really been wow'd by this so far. :ld: Maybe it gets better but so far it's kind of boring. All that "openness" doesn't mean shyt if it's boring.
So skip all of the side missions and stick to the main story if that openess is boring to you. I don't understand this complaint the same way I didn't understand it about MGS. Dudes complaining about OPTIONAL stuff when there's plenty games that FORCE you through boring portions.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So skip all of the side missions and stick to the main story if that openess is boring to you. I don't understand this complaint the same way I didn't understand it about MGS. Dudes complaining about OPTIONAL stuff when there's plenty games that FORCE you through boring portions.
the openness so far has been underwhelming. And no, so far the MAIN stuff has been boring. I'm not really impressed thus far honestly. It really feels like the first game so much hence why I said it's like a DLC rather than a whole new game. The little additions so far aren't game changing.

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Saw this on GAF:
217403_uk.jpg

Bug or not, this is best buy.

Rise of the Tomb Raider in the Ukrainian Windows Store: 234UAH (~9,11USD)

edit:

In the indian Store: 889 INR (~13,1 USD)

ONLY Windows 10 PC version!! (KB3118754 update is necessary. Build 1511) NO STEAM KEY!

Originally Posted by Huge Succeeded

step by step process for windows 10:

step 1: make sure you have at least 30 gigs of free space on your C drive, or have changed your windows settings to save apps to your preferred drive (google this). also, make sure you don't have any pending major windows updates, or the windows store will force you to install them first.

step 2: hit the windows key to bring up the start bar, and type 'region', click 'region and language settings'

step 3: make your region ukraine or india depending on the country you've chosen

step 4: click the corresponding link in the op to the deal that you want

step 5: buy it and use your card with all the proper billing details EXCEPT region, which will default to ukraine/india, don't worry, that's okay (afaik)

step 6: enjoy your slow as molasses download

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@Fatboi1 will only be happy with UC4 :yeshrug:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
@Fatboi1 will only be happy with UC4 :yeshrug:
Basically :yeshrug: The stealth in this feels like a joke coming from MGSV and the gunplay feels bleh after having played UC4's beta. It is what it is, i'll complete it though. I notice some games shortcomings easily after having experienced something of high quality.

Or maybe The Soviet Installation area is just really boring, regardless of if you're doing a side mission or what not. :francis:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Basically :yeshrug: The stealth in this feels like a joke coming from MGSV and the gunplay feels bleh after having played UC4's beta. It is what it is, i'll complete it though. I notice some games shortcomings easily after having experienced something of high quality. Or maybe The Soviet Installation area is just really boring, regardless of if you're doing a side mission or what not. :francis:
I can actually understand that. After Witcher 3, I couldn't see wrpgs the same way. Like Fallout 4 was a disappointment to me. If I never played W3, I'd probably think differently.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I can actually understand that. After Witcher 3, I couldn't see wrpgs the same way. Like Fallout 4 was a disappointment to me. If I never played W3, I'd probably think differently.
Yep that's what it is. I mean I'm not expecting this to be no MGSV at least but this is a game that's out three years after TLOU and it's AI and gunplay is still mediocre.. I mean come on I'd expect them to have matched that at least.

Last edited:

llt23

All Star
Daps
Is the sli fix working for you? It seems to work everywhere except the Soviet base :francis:

Others are reporting the same thing on steam. We might have to wait for an official updated sli profile (if there will ever be one :sadcam:)
I didnt notice any improvements. But I was in the Soviet installation base so I dunno. Past that part will see later tonight

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I swear AMD is fukking garbage man. Game came out Thursday and no driver yet. :snoop:

Someone please tell me why the fukk I'm still rocking AMD?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I swear AMD is fukking garbage man. Game came out Thursday and no driver yet. :snoop:

Someone please tell me why the fukk I'm still rocking AMD?
Get rid of AMD man. They've been bad for a while (and have always had bad driver support). Just sell your 280x and buy a 970 and call it a day.

The last AMD card I had was a 5870. They went downhill from there

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
AMD's got some good shyt coming out these next few years plus it's good to support open tech but Nvidia's just so much more supported I don't know if it's worth the headache.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
AMD's got some good shyt coming out these next few years plus it's good to support open tech but Nvidia's just so much more supported I don't know if it's worth the headache.
This generation of AMD cards sucked. Hopefully their next series is better. But rebranded cards and the Fury not having HDMI 2 and being weaker than the 980ti is :huhldup:

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
This generation of AMD cards sucked. Hopefully their next series is better. But rebranded cards and the Fury not having HDMI 2 and being weaker than the 980ti is :huhldup:
Next series of cards from both companies should be the biggest jump in years because of the die shrink according to experts. Plus AMD got their new Zen cpus coming out so hopefully they can be good enough to keep Intel and Nvidia honest. But these currents ones are pretty decent for what they are.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Next series of cards from both companies should be the biggest jump in years because of the die shrink according to experts. Plus AMD got their new Zen cpus coming out so hopefully they can be good enough to keep Intel and Nvidia honest. But these currents ones are pretty decent for what they are.
Do you know when the next generation of AMD and Nvidia cards are supposed to come out?