Supporter
Daps
Face-Off: Rise of the Tomb Raider on PC
01qeoqg.jpg

Last edited:

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
I don't have any complaints at all about the graphics or performance of this game on XB1
Graphics were great but the input lag really put me off during combat moments. It was still very playable but I waited 2 years for this game, figured I could wait another 2 months.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Tessellation: This particular feature enables higher quality terrain rendering by engaging tessellation on selected surfaces. It looks excellent in action and adds plenty of depth to the world. Tessellation of this variety is not present on Xbox One. That said, the deformable snow feature actually does make use of adaptive tessellation both on Xbox and the PC but this differs from the setting available in the options menu here.

Ambient occlusion: On Xbox One, Rise of the Tomb Raider makes use of broad temporal ambient obscurance while PC users are also granted access to HBAO+. The default AO method actually does an admirable job but HBAO+ further enhances contact shadows. It should be noted that both PC solutions appear to differ greatly from the BTAO method used on Xbox One.

One hallmark of a great PC port pertains to the number of settings available and how quickly they can be modified. In the case of Tomb Raider, we were satisfied to discover that all settings are dynamically adjustable in-game, meaning no lengthy reloads as you tweak. You can see changes happening behind the menu in real-time giving you immediately feedback and enabling easy resource monitoring. This makes adjusting the experience an absolute breeze, encouraging experimentation on the part of the user.

Input lag from XB1 version is gone:
Of course, one of the most important improvements here isn't something you'll notice in screens or videos. We're talking about a reduction in input latency - an issue where the Xbox One version feels mildly unresponsive and more difficult to play. We were already surprised when the Nixxes-engineered Xbox 360 version offered faster input response but on the PC, where faster frame-rates rule the day, this is improved further. Rise of the Tomb Raider is very responsive on the PC and it has a transformative effect on the quality of the combat experience.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Graphics were great but the input lag really put me off during combat moments. It was still very playable but I waited 2 years for this game, figured I could wait another 2 months.
:patrice:Like I said, I haven't had any issues at all. Let me find out they unlocked the power of the cloud for me and me alone

be back in a bit

All Star
Daps
:patrice:Like I said, I haven't had any issues at all. Let me find out they unlocked the power of the cloud for me and me alone
I believe you breh, people react to input lag differently (and all games have it to some degree). Anyway, not trying to hate on the Xbox experience you got. Just for me personally, the input lag bugged me so I decided to wait and I'm legit happy to hear it's been taken care of in this version.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I believe you breh, people react to input lag differently (and all games have it to some degree). Anyway, not trying to hate on the Xbox experience you got. Just for me personally, the input lag bugged me so I decided to wait and I'm legit happy to hear it's been taken care of in this version.

Reading impressions the input lag is non-existent on the PC. Xbox version was hard as fukk to aim.