RIP MF DOOM

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
Gotta come back and say RIP again

But on the topic of madvillianys influence, is it safe to say nobody was really doing albums with 2 minutes songs with no hooks and just a verse or 2? I've heard that claim back in the day when I started listening to DOOM but I recently heard Talib Kweli say it and I'm like damn he might be right...but I can't think of anyone else
You must have never heard of Prince Paul...

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
You must have never heard of Prince Paul...
You're absolutely correct. I've never heard of him.

I just googled him and I've definitely seen him and heard music hes worked on before. I didn't know he was a member of gravediggaz and de la soul so I've heard his work cause I've heard some de la songs.

So educate me, he was doing albums like madvilliany before it? I would expect Talib would know of Prince Paul too that's why I was almost sure DOOM and Madlib were the first

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Ohh shiiit.

Caption is classic Shaun bullshyt... ended his career and ruined his personal life? :dahell: quote him saying any of that anywhere...

you can't help but insert politics into everything you post. this thread is about DOOM fukk a Shaun King. don't bring no lame political theatre in here that's using him for clout.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
You're absolutely correct. I've never heard of him.

I just googled him and I've definitely seen him and heard music hes worked on before. I didn't know he was a member of gravediggaz and de la soul so I've heard his work cause I've heard some de la songs.

So educate me, he was doing albums like madvilliany before it? I would expect Talib would know of Prince Paul too that's why I was almost sure DOOM and Madlib were the first

check out a prince among thieves, classic

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
I know Doom lived in London for the last 10 years. I never heard him complain about it, but it was probably a tough period of adjustment for a while.

Figaro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 36 Chambers
ruqr1r7ihz861.jpg

:mjcry: