RIP MF DOOM

DoomzdayzV

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I was there at rock the bells 2007 when he sent the body doubles. I didnt actually see the sets cause he was at the Paid Dues stage which was a separate event on the other side of the parking lot but I was at both the NYC and San Fran shows and it was the same story at both.....mid-day all the peckerwoods came back to the main venue talking about its some short skinny guy in a doom mask lip-synching. It seems he sent a body double for the whole tour. This started a rumor that he was actually dead in 2007. Im not implying anything...and he doesnt owe any explanations to anyone but like I said after the Tim Dog shyt, with the Ced Gee vlad interview.....Im starting to 2nd guess celebrity deaths.

Daps
I gotta say this. I went back through that thread in The Booth discussing when Freddie Gibbs came out of his face talking about he's better than DOOM after Bandanna dropped. And even though I think he was trolling to an extent, I felt it was disrespectful for no reason how he went about doing it, especially considering he was practically in retirement and grieving the death of his special needs son.

But the amount of posters in that thread who were flat out shytting on DOOM and his fans for no reason, let alone dismissing the genius of this once in a lifetime artistic unicorn and lyrical savant was just flat out disgusting. :pacspit:

DOOM obviously had a huge fanbase, no denying that. But it puts things in a bit of a perspective that some people truly won't be appreciated or given their flowers until they're not around to smell them.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
KMD spoke in front of congress in 1991 on some black power shyt....he was prolly a target since then. and yall think Obama was for us...nah it was his job to temper the rabblerousers too.
that shyt has nothing to do with Obama. DOOM wasn't born in the US, and he never got his citizenship. shyt caught up with him eventually

I was in a similar situation. I was born in Amsterdam, but lived my whole life in the US. it was never an issue for me until after 9/11. and then it took around 3 years to get my citizenship, despite the fact it was my birthright (my mother is American)

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
secret-wars-10-16.jpg
I want Doom to be listening to a MF Doom record and shed a single tear