RIP MF DOOM

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Wait, we got ppl in here mad because we weren't told about his death when it happened? Are we really gonna act like this? This is the entitlement that has been bred over time, and magnified in the social media age. We are not that man's family. What we think or care about means nothing to them, nor should it.

Could you imagine someone you've never met in your life dying, and your first thought is 'I can't believe they didn't tell me first!'. shyt's embarrassing. Some ppl have no shame.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
KMD spoke in front of congress in 1991 on some black power shyt....he was prolly a target since then. and yall think Obama was for us...nah it was his job to temper the rabblerousers too.

Dude...his paper was never completed. He tried to re-enter the US after an overseas and got stopped. How is that anyone's fault but his?

fukk Shaun King

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Quick question... Who was it that WSG ran into at the gas station in ATL? He said that’s how the collar came about, but wasn’t he barred entry back to the states or am i tripping?

KingSol81

Superstar
Daps
DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

I stayed away from this thread waiting on the title to change to “elaborate death hoax”...sadly, it’s clear that’s not the case, another large part of why I didn’t want to come in here and pay my respects is because I knew it would be filled with some of the worst people out there..DOOM fans.

Don’t get it fukked up, I fukked with DOOM heavy, from the KMD beginnings to the CMOB rumblings that never fully actualized to his return as MF DOOM and so forth, but one thing I’ve always noticed is that as the years went on DOOMs core fan base mutated from underground hip hop heads to something else, something outside of the culture. It became more about the aesthetics of it all and for lack of a better term, the novelty of it all. To be honest a large portion of DOOMs “fans”...I’m not sure if they even really like rap music. They like the lore, the characters, the visuals associated with the “DOOM UNIVERSE” and don’t get it twisted, that’s all part of what makes his genius so great, but at the end of the day if you’re not here for the dope beats and the ill rhyme schemes then what the fukk are you here for??? Go read a comic book you fukking nerds.

DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

There was a question posed earlier in the thread during a fit of entitlement relating to the death of you’re favourite rappers favourite rapper, and the answer is yes, yes that’s exactly what you should do “Just shut the fukk up and buy the merch”. The face mask trinkets, the bobble heads..action figures, whatever. It speaks volumes about a specific segment of his fan base that when I went to his site yesterday everything was sold out, all the clothing, the art, the toys etc. Only one section had anything left for sale in it, can you guess what items were left?? The music, CDs and Vinyl. Imagine passing up on a limited
press album with bonus tracks not available elsewhere for a King Geedorah Funko Pop. :stopitslime:
DOOM FANS ARE THE WORST

If there’s one thing I’m truly thankful for in all of this it’s that it took 2 months for his death to be made public. At least his wife and children were granted a short reprieve from the callous displays of entitlement, invasiveness and crossed boundaries. I’m sure Complex, DX Hip Hop, VLODtv and a host of other parasites had interns on New Years Eve trying to track down his wife to get info on her dead husband. fukking disgraceful. Disgusted but not surprised by the behaviour of some of you in this thread, you’re not entitled to anything, not an explanation on why they waited, or the cause of death or any of it. And the comments saying how you “deserve better” shows how out of touch with reality and entitled you are.

Condolences and prayers up for his family and loved ones, and all the real DOOM heads who recognize that before anything else he was a son, a husband, a father and a man first.

Rest In Peace DANIEL DUMILE aka MF DOOM

Suspicions

All Star
Daps
Gotta come back and say RIP again

But on the topic of madvillianys influence, is it safe to say nobody was really doing albums with 2 minutes songs with no hooks and just a verse or 2? I've heard that claim back in the day when I started listening to DOOM but I recently heard Talib Kweli say it and I'm like damn he might be right...but I can't think of anyone else

L@CaT

For Hire Gunslinger!
Daps
TMZ still hasn’t reported on his death and I find it strange. As if they haven’t been able to verify that he is officially dead as of yet:ohhh: