RIP MF DOOM

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This is just mind blowing. Egon has kind of shifted out of rap circles lately, focusing more on jazz reissues for the new label, but I kinda view this as one of the reasons that happened. Your credibility in the rap world is gone if you're trying to do underground rap shyt while being The Guy who cheated DOOM out of his own shyt. Speaking of which...in what world does it make any sense for a white guy to take something from a black person and say "this should be in a museum." In 2023/2024? You gotta be on some WILD megalomaniac shyt to do that in this climate and feel no guilt or risk of getting your ass beat.

Phantum

The Charisma of the Streets
Daps
This is just mind blowing. Egon has kind of shifted out of rap circles lately, focusing more on jazz reissues for the new label, but I kinda view this as one of the reasons that happened. Your credibility in the rap world is gone if you're trying to do underground rap shyt while being The Guy who cheated DOOM out of his own shyt. Speaking of which...in what world does it make any sense for a white guy to take something from a black person and say "this should be in a museum." In 2023/2024? You gotta be on some WILD megalomaniac shyt to do that in this climate and feel no guilt or risk of getting your ass beat.

Supreme levels of caucasity

Firefly

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

They understand the value of art. Ultimately HipHop is high art, especially the late eighties/all of the 90's and up is something that will be in museums one day. People collect memorabilia of all sorts. Stuff from the 60's has always been popular.

People look at things in that scope and it makes sense. I kept a lot of my stuff from the 90's....tapes, cds, posters, magazines, etc.....All of it has value the further away from that time we get and when people look back. That was a time period that won't ever be replicated.

They need to get it back to the family but people who are procurers of art or who watched the 60's into the 70's know the value. When you're living in the moment you may not think of things as special or important, but let time pass and it becomes special.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
They understand the value of art. Ultimately HipHop is high art, especially the late eighties/all of the 90's and up is something that will be in museums one day. People collect memorabilia of all sorts. Stuff from the 60's has always been popular.

People look at things in that scope and it makes sense. I kept a lot of my stuff from the 90's....tapes, cds, posters, magazines, etc.....All of it has value the further away from that time we get and when people look back. That was a time period that won't ever be replicated.

They need to get it back to the family but people who are procurers of art or who watched the 60's into the 70's know the value. When you're living in the moment you may not think of things as special or important, but let time pass and it becomes special.

I regularly regret not doing the same. Not that I had tons of stuff, but still. Even just for personal nostalgia purposes I should've taken more care of all that old stuff.

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
What Jazz label is he behind? One day he'll get his karma for sure. Not sure how Madlib could rock with this guy.

morris

Superstar
Daps
saw this near the BQE

ZpsvryS.jpeg

jensyao

Collector
Daps
Reppin
Schooling people takes forever; don't bother

grab what you need. pretty sure people have most of this

use 7zip to open
Download

not my discord, but they sometimes post random snippets there...but they are kinda gatekeeping with running GBs of songs they already have