RIP MF DOOM

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
I was never a fan of Doom, but I can acknowledge his widespread influence, and his death is a huge loss for Hip-Hop. R.I.P.

Also, I'm not one to stir up shyt or accuse someone of exploitation... but I can't help but notice how Rhymesayers started selling limited edition MF Doom Halloween masks this year on October 27th... and continued to sell them after Doom passed on Halloween.
They didnt know he passed away.

///Vega+++

All Star
Daps
This is a selfish take, no?
Just a question to all the people saying fans don't deserve shyt
Fans do have the right to feel a certain way about how they kept his passing secret. Even some of his family members didn't know apparently. Like I said unless he explicitly asked his wife to do this it's quite hard to understand. Anyways I've already chalked it up to #2020things
RIP still
He'll be missed that's for sure.
Prolly the most unique individual in Hip Hop history.

Funcrusher

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Fans do have the right to feel a certain way about how they kept his passing secret. Even some of his family members didn't know apparently. Like I said unless he explicitly asked his wife to do this it's quite hard to understand. Anyways I've already chalked it up to #2020things
RIP still

You have the right to feel a certain way, yet still nobody owes you anything.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
RIP still
you are acting entitled. nothing is owed to you. if a man asks for peace and privacy then that's what he shall have.

Megadeus

Superstar
Daps

"Born alone, die alone, no matter who ya mans is

Hope he live long enough to tell it to his grandkids"

Re36c95a597e128272301098139a92eb8

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
If I didn’t have shorty to cuddle with me on the 31st this would’ve fukked me up

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Fans do have the right to feel a certain way about how they kept his passing secret. Even some of his family members didn't know apparently. Like I said unless he explicitly asked his wife to do this it's quite hard to understand. Anyways I've already

only his family has has that entitlement, so I empathize that they didn't even know until we did (same shyt happened to Combat Jack, cause bytch ass Rosenberg wanted to be the first to report he passed).

Us however, we still aren't owed or entitled to anything.

Who knows he could've exactly asked his wife to let the world know at this specific time, but it's not our place to ask.

and fukk outta here with that buy merch comment.

wizworld

Illmatical
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So....I’m a big Doom fan/supporter (he’s in my top 5), but I have to keep it 100....how does somebody of his stature pass 2 months ago and no cause of death still be released.....I support and understand the concept of “grieving”, “privacy”, etc.....but his fans deserve better.....anybody got any info....???

Not to be a jerk but the fans DON'T deserve better our connection with him is through his art.

Did you do ANYTHING for him personally when you heard his son died? Do you even know what country he was in?

As a family man I'm happy his immediate family could grieve in private. Just think there are 1000's of fans like you who think they deserve answers but can't really do anything to help the situation.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I really wouldn't be surprised if DOOM and Daniel was dead but he is still alive.

Like if months later it popped up.he was alive and those parts of him died I would not be shocked at all.

Either way it's still sad news