RIP MF DOOM

Daps
Reppin
NULL
So....I’m a big Doom fan/supporter (he’s in my top 5), but I have to keep it 100....how does somebody of his stature pass 2 months ago and no cause of death still be released.....I support and understand the concept of “grieving”, “privacy”, etc.....but his fans deserve better.....anybody got any info....???

sm0ke

Lin Kuei
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I’m still having trouble processing this news, man. Enough so that I’m posting on the Coli for the second time in like 7 years. Really difficult for me and I’m not sure why. Might be just personal shyt and this was just the cherry on top, but this really feels like it hurt my soul. I wish I could unpack all my thoughts and feelings and make sense of it all, but right now it’s just raw pain. Just going to let it all out on here I guess. Sorry in advance.

I can’t remember exactly who put me on, I think it may have been somebody from an old forum called Rapboard that introduced me to a lot of good shyt, but my first intro to DOOM was “Change the Beat,” I’m guessing around 2003 since that’s apparently when it dropped. I wasn’t brand new to the underground scene at the time, so I had heard some dope, inventive, creative, esoteric shyt before DOOM, but I never even knew rap could sound like that. “Blew his whole shyt up on some ‘what this button do?’” When the All Caps video came out, I must have watched it 100 times. About 8-9 years ago, in college, I basically studied Operation: Doomsday. I played those two GTA joints that just came out the day they dropped, while I was working. As someone who used to call himself a rapper, DOOM to me was a genius who embodied what it means to be an MC. And his beats were beautiful. I had “Licorice” on repeat the night before the news broke. I held him in very high regard consistently for 17 years, but I still feel I didn’t give him the respect he really deserved. I wish I knew him personally just so I could have some insight into who he was. I was supremely envious of his creativity and effortless skill, and now it is all gone. There’s so much more I could say, but it would never be enough. I hope he is with his brother and his son. And I hope his family and friends find peace. Rest In Peace, DOOM.

DaveyDave

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I highly doubt it

it depends on who has control over the music and what his wishes were before he passed. I would think DOOM was the kind of guy who had A LOT of control over his music which is why we didn't see too much come out over the last few years. so hopefully there shouldn't be a huge fight between labels and his estate etc like there is with a lot of rappers. then it comes down to what he and his family want.

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
To all rappers: shut up with your shutting up
And keep a shirt on, at least a button-up
Yuck, is they rhymers or strippin' males?
Out of work jerks since they shut down Chippendales
They chippin' nails, DOOM tippin' scales
Let alone the pre-orders that's counted off shippin' sales
This one goes out to all my peoples skippin' bail
Dippin' jail, whippin' tail and sippin' ale
Light the doobie 'til it glow like a ruby
After which they couldn't find the Villain like Scooby

:wow: