RIP MF DOOM

Daps
man I was supposed to trade with Piston Honda for a VHS with the DOOM videos, but he flaked out on me :francis:

yeah, I'm still salty about that shyt :mjlol:

Bro, you were one of the first people I thought about in this thread. I pretty much credit you and @Majestyx for really pushing me hard to get up on the DOOM train back in 2000 right around the time Operation Doosmday dropped. I was up on his Fondle 'Em singles before SOHH but I didn't really see the genius just yet.

And don't be too mad. You could have made a deal with Vanderslice for a trade and REALLY got played out :lolbron:

Dontay Flaco

fka King Napz
Daps
Reppin
VA
I ain't even gonna lie. That's a messed up way to find out your family is gone. :mjcry:

9-AD89642-80-D6-4-C73-9495-BFD2-D6-A6-A611.jpg

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
is there a single doom song where it felt like Doom had a mediocre verse? I've had trouble finding ANY after digging back into his whole discography. I can't think of another artist that was more consistent verse for verse for verse. Even Nas and Jay have songs or verses where its just like "meh" or "ok" or forgettable etc. Doom always razor sharp.

Daps
I’d be shocked if NORE didn’t know who Doom was. I think you’re really underestimating how well known Doom was. He was pretty much the peak of his lane.

This. People may not be familiar with specific songs or lyrics, but DOOM is one of the few underground hip-hop acts that was able to break through to that next tier. An "underground mainstream" level kinda thing. He was definitely known in industry circles. You're not getting TV and sneaker contracts if you're a music industry unknown. I've seen cars riding around before with MF DOOM stickers on them. Heard Madvillain over the speakers in a movie theater before. DOOM had an international fanbase and was an icon on certain levels.

NORE ain't exactly a hip-hop historian anyway to be honest.

kaldurahm

All Star
Daps
DOOM had 5 kids? Prayers are with his family I hope their good, but losing a father isn't easy, and I presume his kids are relatively young. Damn man

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
Bro, you were one of the first people I thought about in this thread. I pretty much credit you and @Majestyx for really pushing me hard to get up on the DOOM train back in 2000 right around the time Operation Doosmday dropped. I was up on his Fondle 'Em singles before SOHH but I didn't really see the genius just yet.

And don't be too mad. You could have made a deal with Vanderslice for a trade and REALLY got played out :lolbron:
:salute: I legit remember when dude walked up to me on Hampton campus, cuz everybody knew i was one of them music types and was like "you heard of DOOM?" rest is history

erker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Netherlands
is there a single doom song where it felt like Doom had a mediocre verse? I've had trouble finding ANY after digging back into his whole discography. I can't think of another artist that was more consistent verse for verse for verse. Even Nas and Jay have songs or verses where its just like "meh" or "ok" or forgettable etc. Doom always razor sharp.

Only artist I can think of is Black Thought.

They were both on the same track. As expected both killed it:

Straight and narrow
that's the flight of the sparrow