RIP MF DOOM

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
When he came back as mf doom..was that like a big deal?

I know his catalogue ..but I wasn’t really digging deep enough to know what was going on in hip hop when mf doom came on the scene..I just remember him getting on my radar in like 2000 I wanna say

like..was there a buzz around him ? Or did he just randomly drop music under that moniker and it slowly started to catch on in the underground scene?
there was a huge buzz given the weak social media of the time.

I bought the operation doomsday off pure hype. I had never heard anything he did before then. popped that shyt in and was confused as hell because it wasn't anything I would expect. the backpack scene was full of pump faking and bad calls... but this music, it was a journey.. tape was in rotation throughout my high school days. and of course I let people borrow it because I always gave out music. never got my original copy back. but I still have almost everything he was dropping at the time. shyt like King Ghidorah that he would bang out just for label advances. I used to think he was just being like Kool Keith who had at the time also gone on an epic run of independent releases. I didn't understand the hustle was to get on a new label get a different advance then split. I copped anything. Victor Vaughn... held a dear place in my heart. I love let me watch.. Doom was a loveable weirdo.

this song is i need love in an alternate universe or mona lisa

Most of his music has been a soundtrack to my life at points. I even put women on to Doom, had girls hitting me up heart broken last night bout dude. If you know women that can appreciate Doom then you know some good women.

Last edited:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
My friend wants me to put him on to Doom but I'm not the most knowledgeable on his discography, where should I have him start?

start with Doomsday and MM Food

then have your friend just read up on doom and why he adopted the Dr Doom comic persona to begin with. Eventually he’ll stumble onto collabs and even read up on the fukkery like the fake Dooms that would show up at his shows and perform.

XannyWarbucks

Superstar
Daps
shyt actually fukked me up, man. I went to a high school that was far from everyone I knew at Middle School and MF DOOM is pretty much how I met my first high school friends. We used to throw Accordian instrumental and just spit for fukking hours, man. We'd always quote him, "Don't talk about my moms, yo" and had so many insiders.
RIP to DOOM.

DrDealgood

Superstar
Daps
I always knew Doom was dope but never put in the stereo and headphone time he really deserved. That changes today, although I'm sorry this is what it took.

These underground geniuses especially should never have to leave us so soon. :mjcry:

Majestyx

Duck Season
Daps
Reppin
Los Scandalous
his wife namedropped their dead son and yall still finding the nerve to type this :scust: step away from the keyboard bruh, that's fukked up
Man, I almost BOMBED on this CAC on facebook. fool said he aint know if it was real or not cuz DOOM hated his fans and was talking about the Doomposters shyt... :francis:. Had to just end my once a. month facebook check right there.