RIP MF DOOM

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Man, I remember when Piston Honda was posting on SOHH and the video for "?" directed by him started popping up on centralcali.com. I got too many memories over the years courtesy of this legend's music. It's a ritual for me to play "Is he ill?" whenever it snows and I was bumping it heavy last week during the storm that hit. Relaxing on summer afternoons and nights bumping Special Herbs. How Madvillainy got me through one of the most tumultuous patches in my life.

As fukked up as this news is, I'm so thankful he blessed us with his genius. An inspiration to creativity for everyone.
man I was supposed to trade with Piston Honda for a VHS with the DOOM videos, but he flaked out on me :francis:

yeah, I'm still salty about that shyt :mjlol:

mobbinfms

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TPC
got the special herbs set playin while i roll up. bout to go through his entire discography today.. RIP

really unfortunate that none of my friends even know about this dude. if i wasnt such an internet hip hop nerd i swear i probably would have never heard dudes music either. he fit into this really niche subgenre of hip hop. I'm sure there is tons of rappers from the 90's and 2000's who dont know shyt about dude at all. take nore for example. could you imagine nore interviewing doom for drink champs? lol i bet nore hasnt even heard 1 song from dude. extremely talented and a very unique individual. no one out there can say he copied their style.
I’d be shocked if NORE didn’t know who Doom was. I think you’re really underestimating how well known Doom was. He was pretty much the peak of his lane.

FreedMind

DOPAMINE FOR MY BABY!!
Daps
Reppin
hella international
QUICK 2 SLICE SQUARES LIKE SICILIANS

IMG_0062-web.jpg

ezgif-3-1a6491cfa0c9.gif

This shyt is fukked up. Hip Hop lost one of its landmark creatives. God fukking damn.:to:

At least he blessed us with a beautiful body of work.

Last edited:

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wow:

What I be looking at is the quality of the rhyming word: phonetically, how the tone is, in the pronunciation of the word. Regardless of language—you can be fluent and speaking Spanish, Arabic, whatever. You can use an Arabic word to rhyme with a Spanish word and have English slang all in between it. As long as the word itself rhymes, you still get points for that word. And the reference is another way of bringing that same thing home. How many references can you cross and still stay on topic? And still rhyme? The more complex the subject matter and wordplay is, that’s where you get your points.

I’m a rhymer, so I go for points. I ain’t going to be talking shyt about the next dude, or bragging about shyt I got. I talk broke shyt, I talk about shyt I don’t got, or things I’m striving for. Say you’re speaking from a point of view where you’re talking to yourself, in maybe a sad mood. How do your tones come across? Can people feel what you’re saying? Can they hear what you’re saying? Are you well pronounced? Maybe you purposely were a little bit sloppy with it, to bring the point across. Can you bring the point across and still get the rhyme points? It’s like gymnastics on paper.

<i>Madvillainy</i> at 15: MF Doom on the Legacy of His Classic Madlib Collaboration