RIP MF DOOM

supanegro

the average ghost
Daps
Damn wtf I was a fan later in his career ...bout to hit the gym n play this joint. I pray for a better 2021, we all need it.

Update: that was my initial response..right now I'm hurting, this dude let me know its ok to be weird and still be real in the streets. Cuz the nigha was weird, but his shyt was art that was easy to digest. Yea he aint look the best shape but 49..shyt is scary. madvillany is what introduced me to him ,cuz forums were hyping it up. Him drake n kanye( lol and richboy throw some d's) were key forum moments that helped propel an artist moment ill never forget. It didn't matter if u were ahh or sohh..mf doom was a topic.
:mjcry::salute:
R.I.P. metal face, "shadows of tomorrow" and "doomsday" won't hit the same anymore

Last edited:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Dead for 2 months tho?

Did nobody ever try to call him at all in that time?

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I still remember back in the day hearing doom at the arcade for the 1st time from some east coast cat, and being like yooo who is this?! Since about 2002/2003 I've been a fan.

He carved such a crazy lane for himself, he was well respected by the nerds, back packers, white boys, and even some hood nikkas rocked with him.

It's like he literally paved out his own road brick by brick, he stuck to his guns, and he rapped for the love of rapping.

I think when it's all said and done people can recognize those who do it for the love and for the passion, so even if someone doesn't like person or style they can't help but respect the dedication and skill.

DOOM always reminded me of one of my competitive gaming homies back in the arcade day. A dude that was all about the grind, perfecting his craft and loved it with a passion.. But just also a random down to earth dude.

To top it all off, he had a style that other mc's study and still mimic, his lyrical skill was insane. He could rap you around the world and back and still be on topic, the way he connected words, painted pictures and then tied it all to a persona and a comic book persona at a time when that wasn't what was poppin outside of being a nerd.

it's all insane.

Again a 1 of 1.

There aren't many true genre defining legends in the rap game but he was easily in the top 5 if not 3. And to keep it a buck, it would be hard to debate anyone that puts him as #1

Mojoe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
The cause
Dead for 2 months tho?

Did nobody ever try to call him at all in that time?

Word!! Stop by.... request a verse, a beat...anything?!. But then again DOOM probably wouldn't have answered anyway,
too busy living the life he wanted to live......Gotta respect it

Guvnor

Da Speculative Spectacle®
Daps
Reppin
BKLYN
No way! My name on here comes from him.

RIP to the Villain. Even in death he remained a mystery and we didn't find out about his passing right away much like him delaying his albums lol.

Last edited:

SupaVillain

Keep your glory, gold and glitter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Literally my life, this man's music played a huge part. My name is literally from DOOM. My night was destroyed when i heard the news. Was literally listening to Accordion yesterday while drinking with my girl. The fact that now my favorite rapper is dead just makes me feel empty inside. Farewell DOOM, and godspeed.