RIP 9 tails aka Kurama :mjcry:

World'sFinest

Purebred Zulu
Daps
Reppin
South Africa
Guys in here talking about Boruto is ass as if the last 200 chapters of Naruto weren't back to back cheeks themselves, Kishimoto's been on a downward spiral since Part 1 ended but completely lost his shyt Post-Pain.

Never compare this manga to Dragon Ball OG or Super (except for the ToP) at least Toriyama's pen can still write a competent narrative.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Guys in here talking about Boruto is ass as if the last 200 chapters of Naruto weren't back to back cheeks themselves, Kishimoto's been on a downward spiral since Part 1 ended but completely lost his shyt Post-Pain.

Never compare this manga to Dragon Ball OG or Super (except for the ToP) at least Toriyama's pen can still write a competent narrative.

American hype carried Kishimoto pretty much. Roughly mid-way into Shippuden he clearly lost the plot and got lazy. Yeah, it's understandable cause he had health issues, but it went from well-thought out fight scenes, techniques and jutsus and became about giant avatar fights, destructive ninjutsus, and forms.

Naruto>Boruto>Shippuden

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
American hype carried Kishimoto pretty much. Roughly mid-way into Shippuden he clearly lost the plot and got lazy. Yeah, it's understandable cause he had health issues, but it went from well-thought out fight scenes, techniques and jutsus and became about giant avatar fights, destructive ninjutsus, and forms.

Naruto>Boruto>Shippuden

First half of shippuden alone makes that false

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
First half of shippuden alone makes that false
What part? Naruto comes back from 3 and a half years of training and the most he learned was how to make a bigger Rasengan and Sasuke was unimpressed and unbothered by breh.

BoruGOAT seamlessly and flawlessly using 3 elements by the time he graduated the Academy and doesn't just spam clone jutsu nor holds a God-tier demon fox as hostage for extra chakra

World'sFinest

Purebred Zulu
Daps
Reppin
South Africa

Naruto>Boruto>Shippuden
It tried becoming DB with energy blasts, greater focus on pure hands, hell even the whole Alien angle is on some Raditz shyt, but still it could never touch the GOAT. :wow:
Now you've got all these kids who's first anime was Naruto talking like it's the Gold Standard. YYH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I honestly think Boruto=Shippuden, but at least Boruto is a bit more honest with what it is.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What part? Naruto comes back from 3 and a half years of training and the most he learned was how to make a bigger Rasengan and Sasuke was unimpressed and unbothered by breh.

BoruGOAT seamlessly and flawlessly using 3 elements by the time he graduated the Academy and doesn't just spam clone jutsu nor holds a God-tier demon fox as hostage for extra chakra

Sakura vs Sasori, Shikamaru vs Hidan, Sasuke vs Itachi, Naruto vs Pain….etc a lot of dope fights and character arcs.

Is Kishimoto even writing Boruto?

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
It tried becoming DB with energy blasts, greater focus on pure hands, hell even the whole Alien angle is on some Raditz shyt, but still it could never touch the GOAT. :wow:
Now you've got all these kids who's first anime was Naruto talking like it's the Gold Standard. YYH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

I honestly think Boruto=Shippuden, but at least Boruto is a bit more honest with what it is.

Over the years I more and more realize that Dragon ball is one of the biggest phenomenons in fiction. There are video essays on YouTube breaking down the psychological mindset of the characters. This is for an anime that essentially ended in the late 80s/90s.

As for Naruto/Boruto I actually quite like Boruto. As you've said, it knows by now what it's strengths are and doesn't try to pretend to be something it's not. Boruto is actually a pretty well-written character

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Sakura vs Sasori, Shikamaru vs Hidan, Sasuke vs Itachi, Naruto vs Pain….etc a lot of dope fights and character arcs.

Shippuden has its moments, definitely, but there are too many chunks that boils down to Naruto gains a new form/jutsu and blows away his opponent and or the classic talk no jutsu. Shippuden has a special place in my heart and childhood, but it could've been far better in my opinion

Especially around the Ninja War arc it just felt rushed at that point.

World'sFinest

Purebred Zulu
Daps
Reppin
South Africa

Funny how all those fights are in the first half of Part 2, and even then, most of these fights aren't as well rounded as Kimimaro vs Lee & Gaara, Gaara vs Naruto, Neji vs Naruto and almost every fight in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc.

Character arcs need to be completed logically to call them arcs, and at max maybe 2-3 characters had that honour. Everyone else was just sort of there at the end of the story.

Yeah Kishimoto took over just before Baryon Mode.

Last edited:

Airtrack360

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Who had the worst fall from grace? Naruto, DBZ, or Bleach?:jbhmm:

I think Bleach was the best anime up until the end of Aizen.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Man Inyuyasa, Dragonball Z, Fairy Tail, Bleach, and Naruto all ended and either outright came back or are showing signs of it.

Let these series end.

Daps
Reppin
The Caribbean
Man Inyuyasa, Dragonball Z, Fairy Tail, Bleach, and Naruto all ended and either outright came back or are showing signs of it.

Let these series end.

The beauty of intellectual property and fiction I guess. Long as there's interest from the fanbase, the money prints itself. I can understand it. Look at Star Wars.