RIP 9 tails aka Kurama :mjcry:

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
OG Naruto was special because the fights were all centered around tactics/strategy instead of who had the higher power level. Death in that show had a real sting as well. Shippuden started off great but after the pain saga the writing really went down hill fast. Madara in his first form was fun to watch but by that point everything had gone completely off the rails in terms of plot. Shippuden also made me resent how many good guys in the series went out dirty as hell at the hands of cruel enemies and all the bad games always ended up being defeated by Narutos friendship and kid heartedness. Everything became “friendship-no-jutsu”. The uchicha backstory ultimately went from cool as hell ninjas out to avenge their families for being used by Konoha to turning out to be a family blood line that is basically incapable of handling their emotions like regular people so much so that they spiral into depression and take out their misguided rage on everyone. Orochimaru was such an incredibly well written enemy in OG Naruto and in Shippuden they bring him back like nothing in the OG ever even happened. Naruto might have forgotten but I never forgot how dirty he did Sarutobi. I have hours of complaints regarding how shippuden undid so much of what made the OG great.
Like I said, Kishi trash. Naruto was a product of years of creation prior to ever making so it was much more of a refined and well told story and development (minus Naruto himself). Its like a story he started writing when he was a kid and finally got to make it as an adult. But with Shippuden, like you said he started off with so much that could wrapped up and potentially fulfilled stories but he got lost in the sauce, wrote himself into a corner and really didnt know what to do with it. Bullshyt ensued.

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
The Boruto manga has been dope to me. :manny:

As much as people want to hate, the DB and Naruto universes are still putting up big numbers and keeping fans interested.

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Just give me the fight scenes at this point :unimpressed::banderas:

Especially where you can see they pay homage to to original techniques all the way back to when Team 7 first fought Zabuza...it was a simpler time :to:

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Boruto: Next Generation wasn't that bad, it started up slow and bored until the Otsutsuki Clan and Kawaki stories kicked in where it's started getting interested.