Rhythm + Flow Season 2 Feat. Latto, Ludacris, DJ Khaled (coming soon) (Discussion Thread)

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Technically, Flawless showed to be the most polished. Smoke showed to exude the most artistic tho.

Hate to see it , but flawless demonstrated he is pop radio generic when it comes to songs . He showed that in the songs he came up with for the vid and for the live performance . While he is close to smoke in polish , it stems from a high floor. Smoke’s polish comes from a really high ceiling .

I woulda like to see Flawless produce his own tracks . I think he was stymied just a bit by the parameters of the show . For flawless it’s pop 100 or bust . Not much nuance there from what he demonstrated . Seems like a good guy . Mature and seasoned .

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
People on Twitter were catching on to the shyt too. Turns out D Smoke was on SiR’s first mixtape.

To make shyt funnier, D Smoke was in SiR’s band while they were touring with Miguel. Which makes it funnier when him and Miguel linked up and they were calling each other “brother” :russ: One of my friends actually went to the tapings and Miguel and D Smoke actually admitted they knew each other. I’m sure the producers were like :dwillhuh: and they edited that shyt out.

But at the same time they weren’t trying to hide it either. You CLEARLY see SiR when D Smoke meets up with his family. They also show him on stage with him after he wins. They just didn’t acknowledge him :pachaha:

i suspected shyt was rigged during the battle. Then i got VERY suspicious during the video section. But then the icing on the cake was when they announced that Sounwave was going to be D. Smoke’s producer :russ:

Then to make shyt even funnier. I was watching the credits during the last episode and it reveals that Dave Free was the producer of the show :pachaha:

I mean D Smoke is dope as fukk but TDE sneaking him in here as apart of his roll out is just :skip:

Brehs sidestepped this post like
UncommonImpishCardinal.gif
:mjlol:

I'll have to pass on this.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
D Smoke was probably the most polished and deserving of the W, but of course that’s expected seeing his connections.

Flawless is very marketable and has personality. He has star power if the right machine is behind him.

I felt Troyman had a raw deal; he had some dope songs and performance. Kind of a Travis clone.

Londynn was dope and I feel she has a future.

Caleb Colossus was terrible and forgettable as were a lot of other contestants. Don’t see how he got that far.

I’d like to see them get a better crew next season. There was no real, rugged rappers despite them doing auditions in Chicago and NYC. I would love to see some real drill sh*t on there and make Chance uncomfortable :pachaha:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Cotdayum it's some trash nikkas on here. Some of these people I have no idea how they advanced. These trash ass gimmicks and if I heard that same ass Fisher price flow one more time in the first rd... shyt. I can’t wait until that shyt plays out.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just wasn't feeling D Smoke. Flawless should have won over him clean. Flawless has a better flow and was a way better performer. He got that energy. I didn't know how he was gonna do on that Jhene song, but he bodied that shyt.

Me and my girl were like fukking d smoke won?? :dahell:

Once Flawless bodied Beanz it was wrap for me.

Last edited:

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
This nikka Flawless is nice. I liked a lot of the Chicago rappers that got sent home early. That young nikka Ariyon got a lot of potential.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Cotdayum it's some trash nikkas on here. Some of these people I have no idea how they advanced. These trash ass gimmicks and if I heard that same ass Fisher price flow one more time in the first rd... shyt. I can’t wait until that shyt plays out.
You sound like a struggling rapper, who thinks everyone is wack because he didn't get on.

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
You sound like a struggling rapper, who thinks everyone is wack because he didn't get on.
:russ: I don't even know what to say to that. I'm legit curious how you came to that conclusion? Or are you saying that's a gripe that a lot struggling rappers have. It's probably just an indication of age more than anything to do with "struggling rappers". There just seems to be an abundance of copycat cadence and flow unlike in any other era. As the show progressed more of the artist individual styles were able to emerge, but that initial audition round seemed like a bunch of clones to me:manny:

Omerta

All Star
Daps
Reppin
OZ via El Barrio
Simon was a big part of American Idol entertainment because he was an a$$hole. Cardi brings greater levels of entertainment and she didn't even need to be an a$$hole. Credit where credit is due, there would be a lot of people loving her antics on this, even if there is some who found it annoying. And she was the best of the judges in the finale, the way she broke down the contestants when all 3 were summarizing the final 4.

D Smoke the rightful winner. The battle round unfortunately killed off some of the better contestants who would have been great to watch in the later rounds, like Beanz, Jakob, Queen, Old Man Saxon, especially compared to trash like Sam B Yourself or Tomineek.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Simon was a big part of American Idol entertainment because he was an a$$hole. Cardi brings greater levels of entertainment and she didn't even need to be an a$$hole. Credit where credit is due, there would be a lot of people loving her antics on this, even if there is some who found it annoying. And she was the best of the judges in the finale, the way she broke down the contestants when all 3 were summarizing the final 4.

D Smoke the rightful winner. The battle round unfortunately killed off some of the better contestants who would have been great to watch in the later rounds, like Beanz, Jakob, Queen, Old Man Saxon, especially compared to trash like Sam B Yourself or Tomineek.

Agreed. And I'm not sure how fair it was to eliminate half of the contestants based on the battle round considering the judging panel (or half of the hip hop industry to be honest) probably couldn't hang in a battle round themselves. I was particularly interested in what Beanz, Queen and Old Man Saxon would have brought in the sampled, video, and high production rounds.

UserNameless

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere...You never there.
Agreed. And I'm not sure how fair it was to eliminate half of the contestants based on the battle round considering the judging panel (or half of the hip hop industry to be honest) probably couldn't hang in a battle round themselves. I was particularly interested in what Beanz, Queen and Old Man Saxon would have brought in the sampled, video, and high production rounds.
Old Man Saxon being bounced out was a travesty .

manyfaces

Superstar
Daps
Definitely agree there. They got rid of some potential talent with that battle round. I'm with you on Beanz and Saxon, but I just wasn't seeing what others saw in Queen. It was like a awful Latifah impersonation and she couldn't rap to me. In that battle she rhymed "me" and "be" like 30 times. And they completely wasted spots on dude from Arizona and Caleb Colosus because of thE freestyle rd. Caleb rapped like a fukking "Caleb" :beli: That nikka was boring and looked out of place and uncomfortable on stage.