Rhythm + Flow Season 2 Feat. Latto, Ludacris, DJ Khaled (coming soon) (Discussion Thread)

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Way to fukk that shyt up for muthafukkas who aint seen the shyt.

damn, when i read it at work earlier, i thought it was just for the next episode, not the entire series. Eh, no hard feelings i guess, we all have our moments. Definitely a deserved win, but am still mildly surprised at the outcome.

Chance always comes out to the same song :mjlol:

Last edited:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Really enjoyed the finale. I don't agree with the order of the finalists though.

If we're going strictly on song and performance, it should be:

1. B Smoke
2. LondynnB
3. Troyman

4. Flawless

I can't stand Flawless. He's a great battle rapper but his overall vibe and songs are corny AF. I honestly think they let Troyman and London B go so soon because they already had producers claiming them, so they're gonna be alright. I keep playing Troyman's song over and over. Gets me hype.

Last edited:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Show was really good. Extremely well produced and did righteous to hip-hop standards. Enjoyed all three judges too, surprisingly, although Cardi B was doing a lil too much sometimes (she was mostly entertaining tho).

The right artist won for sure, despite me initially almost feeling like one of the others was going to be a shoe-in.

Been watching this and it’s quite entertaining. However I have this feeling this whole show is a Industry plant showcase
:mjtf:How sway?

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Really enjoyed the finale. I don't agree with the order of the finalists though.

1. B Smoke
2. LondynnB
3. Troyman

4. Flawless

I can't stand Flawless. He's a great battle rapper but his overall vibe and songs are corny AF. I honestly think they let Troyman and London B go so soon because they already had producers claiming them, so they're gonna be alright. I keep playing Troyman's song over and over. Gets me hype.

Flawless is a little more “traditional” hip hop which is why i think they put him up as a “final two” contestant. I can’t stand him either, though that jhene performance was fire. Not really into troyman’s voice/delivery, but he definitely gets the crowd hype, which is probably why he kept being the opening act.

I like how unfiltered the whole series was too. A nice departure from the normally dry way of judging contestants. Didn’t care for Cardi dropping the N and calling flawless light skinned though lol. Chicago had the best quantity of rappers, but none made it to the final. Overall a great show.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Flawless is a little more “traditional” hip hop which is why i think they put him up as a “final two” contestant. I can’t stand him either, though that jhene performance was fire. Not really into troyman’s voice/delivery, but he definitely gets the crowd hype, which is probably why he kept being the opening act.

I like how unfiltered the whole series was too. A nice departure from the normally dry way of judging contestants. Didn’t care for Cardi dropping the N and calling flawless light skinned though lol. Chicago had the best quantity of rappers, but none made it to the final. Overall a great show.

I can see that @Flawless. Did you peep that his producer was the only one that didn't offer to work with him again :lolbron: Anyway, I agree, it's a great show and I like how real it felt compared to other reality tv contests. I really hope they are working on Season 2.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

1. B Smoke
2. LondynnB
3. Troyman

4. Flawless

Tho I agree with you on the order being slightly off, I don't agree with yours and very much feel different about Flawless than you. In the most technical aspects, he lives up to his name fully. He's easily the most polished cat amongst all the contestants. This shows multiple times in the fact that he's about the only one that never had any real missteps ever and damn near every bar and delivery was on-point. The only thing that I could possibly at least see why you feel he's corny is cuz his style, while showing mass versatility, seemed ever so much like he was so intentionally going for that, trying to cater to the masses and please everyone. I think for what this competition was, it was a good strategy tho and can see why he went that route, especially considering that he still flawlessly pulls them off, so it never came off as too forced or dishonest IMO.

Also, I think you looking at the last round a bit wrong, cuz you seem to be judging based off just that one performance and not their entirety of performances, which by this point, they definitely should be looking at the full picture and the judges stated as such as well.

My ordering tho would've been:

1. D Smoke
2. Flawless
3. Troyman
4. London

They picked London third cuz of her undeniable star appeal. While I get that, she fudged up way too many times to have been chosen third and at critical times too and in critical ways. I also think her being the only woman, they unfortunately gave her that push as well. Not necessarily fair IMO, but since the other spots don't get any more money or any prize really either, it doesn't bother me much any. Long as they didn't just give her the full W, like I had a feeling they might have done, which would've been totally disingenuous.

D Smoke was clearly the best artist tho and most mature, well rounded and seasoned. Definitely earned his spot and by final act, I was like he HAS TO win it. Almost thought his spanish speaking was going to be too gimmicky, but he showed that he can also leave it totally off the table and capture your attention with just his lyrics and style alone. Plus his performances near the end just grew more and more superb. I need his Last Supper Live in my life something serious. That set-piece was too cold too. I love that he was always true to himself and as the judges stated, he was definitely the most consistent throughout the show. Flawless was right behind in that regard. While Flawless never had a real errors, some of his stuff just didn't hit as hard as others. D Smoke shyt still hit hard when he noticeably fumbled and recovered that shyt like a G (something that London never did well within all of her forgetful moments that she had).

Troyman was underrated. Dude definitely grew the most throughout the competition. I can see what the judges said in that he was that great, but not quite next level shyt tho and that he could be a lil bit too similar to others already out there on the scene (granted, so could Flawless and Smoke a lil bit, but to much lesser extents). He's still majorly talented tho.

Ultimately, I agree with all them being in the finals tho and they all did very well in the final rounds and definitely in their last sets.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I can see that @Flawless. Did you peep that his producer was the only one that didn't offer to work with him again :lolbron: Anyway, I agree, it's a great show and I like how real it felt compared to other reality tv contests. I really hope they are working on Season 2.

Seemed like all the contestants were kind of cold towards him also

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
Dead ass all these dudes was terrible and basic. 90% of them face me sissy vibes too. That guy named old man was cool though and Cardi b was hilarious. Although she's obviously a sellout.

TillWeDie

All Star
Daps
This show was way better than other rap contest shows and they had decent talent with all the guests too.

B Smoke piano intro was really impressive, whole thing was good...similar to Kendrick but still some of his lyrics and lines stood out.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
Seemed like all the contestants were kind of cold towards him also

Nah, plenty of them are now following him on SM (including even Beanz) and Smoke and him seemed to have had good rapport towards the end (as they both seemed to be the most mature and acted so, which makes sense considering they were the oldest ones out there). I think he (Flawless) mildly distances himself from l the rest, but not out of being an a$$hole or anything, but to stay focused. You see how some of the rest of them were breaking down at having to send their competitors home. While I get it, it's better to be more about the task at hand than newly found "friendships". His only focus was the prize, himself and his family. Nothing wrong with that.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I had to quit half way into episode 2. I barely made it through when they were doing the Cali tryouts. I couldn't get through the NYC set.