Rhythm + Flow Season 2 Feat. Latto, Ludacris, DJ Khaled (coming soon) (Discussion Thread)

whatthatthangsmelllike

W$GT$
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Long Beach
Haven't seen it all yet but this has some dope moments. D Smoke might be the only one who I'd listen to an actual song from tho. Flawless Real Talk is a dope mc but getting emotional about his family between every round got old quick. Tbh I'd watch him do more battles, he killed that poor girl Beans on that.

I don't follow main stream media like that but I learned Cardi B is really goddamn annoying, I guess some people find her funny maybe?
Yeah her run is up

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Tho I agree with you on the order being slightly off, I don't agree with yours and very much feel different about Flawless than you. In the most technical aspects, he lives up to his name fully. He's easily the most polished cat amongst all the contestants. This shows multiple times in the fact that he's about the only one that never had any real missteps ever and damn near every bar and delivery was on-point. The only thing that I could possibly at least see why you feel he's corny is cuz his style, while showing mass versatility, seemed ever so much like he was so intentionally going for that, trying to cater to the masses and please everyone. I think for what this competition was, it was a good strategy tho and can see why he went that route, especially considering that he still flawlessly pulls them off, so it never came off as too forced or dishonest IMO.

Also, I think you looking at the last round a bit wrong, cuz you seem to be judging based off just that one performance and not their entirety of performances, which by this point, they definitely should be looking at the full picture and the judges stated as such as well.

My ordering tho would've been:

1. D Smoke
2. Flawless
3. Troyman
4. London

They picked London third cuz of her undeniable star appeal. While I get that, she fudged up way too many times to have been chosen third and at critical times too and in critical ways. I also think her being the only woman, they unfortunately gave her that push as well. Not necessarily fair IMO, but since the other spots don't get any more money or any prize really either, it doesn't bother me much any. Long as they didn't just give her the full W, like I had a feeling they might have done, which would've been totally disingenuous.

D Smoke was clearly the best artist tho and most mature, well rounded and seasoned. Definitely earned his spot and by final act, I was like he HAS TO win it. Almost thought his spanish speaking was going to be too gimmicky, but he showed that he can also leave it totally off the table and capture your attention with just his lyrics and style alone. Plus his performances near the end just grew more and more superb. I need his Last Supper Live in my life something serious. That set-piece was too cold too. I love that he was always true to himself and as the judges stated, he was definitely the most consistent throughout the show. Flawless was right behind in that regard. While Flawless never had a real errors, some of his stuff just didn't hit as hard as others. D Smoke shyt still hit hard when he noticeably fumbled and recovered that shyt like a G (something that London never did well within all of her forgetful moments that she had).

Troyman was underrated. Dude definitely grew the most throughout the competition. I can see what the judges said in that he was that great, but not quite next level shyt tho and that he could be a lil bit too similar to others already out there on the scene (granted, so could Flawless and Smoke a lil bit, but to much lesser extents). He's still majorly talented tho.

Ultimately, I agree with all them being in the finals tho and they all did very well in the final rounds and definitely in their last sets.

Disagree about Londynn. She's mad marketable. Catchy hooks, nice flow, memorable look. She would have an instant fan base, especially for females..

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
How was he not undiscovered? Have you heard of him? Has anyone in here really before the show? Cat at 7k spins on Spotify just a week ago. He was undiscovered as fukk. Flawless at least was seen on the scene a few times and literally had 5 times the spins. Once again, he was unsigned a well at the time.

You yourself said he deserved the win. So how is that fixed?! Not like he got deeper connects or great budgets than anyone else. Flawless & Beanz had prior co-signs from and/or a track with Jadakiss & Fat Joe (neither being signed with either of them or any affiliated parties) and neither of them won. One didn't even get top 8. The fukk were you expecting? Only rappers that just spit their first bar on a stage in their entire lives? Disqualifiers for any rappers that may have ever opened at some bigger cats show or known someone from some sister's brother's uncle's cousin in the industry? Kill this noise.
Yeah and Sasha Go Hard would have made it further as well as she is known. I don't think it was rigged.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Say what you want about Flawless but his performance with Jheno was dope as fukk. He outshined the shyt out of her, on her own hit song.
Foreal.

I told my girl (cause i finished it before her) "wait til you see that Flawless/Jheno performance.

You could hear her in the bedroom from like Far Rockaway going, "awwwww! This is sweeeeeet!!"

:deadmanny:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
Jhene even said she was intimidated by him own stage. And she been on stage with some huge ass artists.

I honestly thought he was gonna win.
I done seen rappin muthafukkas all my life, and he was just all the way with it.
You can hate on him all you want, but he was on some All-Pro shyt the whole show.

One thing i couldnt stand about this show tho, was all that fukkin crying "i hope these tears save my wack ass" shyt.
There was too much of that.
But i like how the judges kinda deaded that and kept the show moving.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
I done seen rappin muthafukkas all my life, and he was just all the way with it.
You can hate on him all you want, but he was on some All-Pro shyt the whole show.

One thing i couldnt stand about this show tho, was all that fukkin crying "i hope these tears save my wack ass" shyt.
T.I. kept that shyt gangsta though. Mafukkas was crying and giving sob stories and he was just :unimpressed:

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

Yeah, I thought he was a shoe-in up until the last three sets and most especially at the very start of Smoke's set with him on the keys, I knew this shyt was about to be too special for him to lose. Once he said his closing lines after informing the audience of their time there, I knew he was a wrap to win. It was still pretty close, cuz Flawless last joint and the Jhene Aiko cuts went hard AF. Ill ass comboes of being really heart-felt and passionate on his solo joint and smooth and star appealing on the Jhene remix (he actually did make one forget K. Dot was on that cut, which is fukking amazing in itself). Thing is, it was just a testament of just how hard-er Smoke's performances were to still win.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town
Dawg, my literal first line about her was "undeniable star appeal". We're pretty much in agreement there, fool.

No need to get emotional and disrespectful. You also said she got a push because of her gender and should have been last of the final four. I disagree because of the reasons I listed.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
No need to get emotional and disrespectful. You also said she got a push because of her gender and should have been last of the final four. I disagree because of the reasons I listed.

I say fool with respect and no emotion tho.

And I stated those as well as being the very reasons she placed third. However, since all her performances post the video shoot were all the weakest links more often than not and by that point, she had a bit of a rep for lyrical amensia, is why I think she should've placed 4th.

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ

As for all that crying shyt for the sympathy vote, I definitely agree. It's aite if your can actually put forth that emotion in your craft, but doing it after knowing you done fukked up or had a lackluster ass performance is weak as fukk.

Thing is, it's essentially a byproduct of these sort of competition shows. Always happens.