Rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning and..

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
First 4 seasons are amazing and on my short list of favorite shows ever. I can rewatch them anytime.

There is a pretty big decline in writing & storytelling after S4, but I still enjoyed 5 and 6.

Seasons 7 and especially 8 were just a rushed mess. The last 20 minutes of the series finale felt like they were trolling us with how bad it was.

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
The Hound with the c*nt punt on Brienne

5807179-2847799326-giphy.gif

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
There are edits for runtime, there are edits to smooth out the storytelling, there are "interpretations", there's "based on", and then there's straight fan-fiction-quality trash.

When you add in enough deviations from the source material - Talisa instead of Jeyne Westerling, Jeyne Poole, Stoneheart, the Kettleblack brothers, Victarion, Connington and the Golden Company, ALL of fcking Dorne - you unavoidably drift heavily towards fan fiction in the end. Wheel of Time did that to itself in the very first season, which is why it will end up in the same space as GoT: officially-branded fan fiction.

If you ain't the chef, stop messing with the recipe. :ufdup:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I actually miss the hype behind this show
it was fun watching the episodes and then mostly everyone knew what you were talking about
looking back on it the scenes with Joffrey and the kings circle or whatever they were called are the most entertaining for me.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I actually miss the hype behind this show
it was fun watching the episodes and then mostly everyone knew what you were talking about
looking back on it the scenes with Joffrey and the kings circle or whatever they were called are the most entertaining for me.
Small council

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
List of the Hands of the King from pilot to finale

Jon Arryn
Ned Stark

Tyrion Lannister
Tywin Lannister
Cersi Lannister
Kevan Lannister

Qyburn

Tyrion Lannister

Black Mamba

Superstar
Daps
You hate Game of thrones?
Final seasons made me hate it
Especially more cuz I’ve read the books(still on the latest ones) since then and see how much fukk ups D&D were
They had a goldmine and managed to fumble all of it being up 20 with 4 minutes left in a game 7 nba finals with the other teams starters being hurt in the fourth.

fukk this shyt HBO should’ve just bushed both of em when RR went and pleaded with HBO to have more seasons with more episodes.
Yeah it was great but that fukkshyt made me hate it all together
At least HOTD is a start for their fukk up
But motherfukk GOT TV show

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
This isn’t true.
The only thing we know is George’s idea is King Bran and that’s not a bad idea, it’s the show’s execution of it that is bad.
There’s so many important characters that D&D cut which I understand considering the difference between novels and television but they legit left out some major characters that will have major roles in the story to come.
Agreed. If you know Bran is going to be king, why do you willingly turn him into an emotionless robot who no one likes, resulting in him becoming the least compelling character left in the show before he becomes king. Not to mention him doing nearly nothing during the massive battle to save humanity. That's on them, not GRRM.

I don't think they had to or even should have been more faithful to the books. I understand the show is the show and the books are the books. But if the books have clearly better ideas/plots it's wild to ignore that in favor of nonsense. The entire Dorne plot was fukked up. Removing "Aegon" was fine, but replacing it with a half assed Jon v Dany mini plot was a mistake. Most importantly, turning Euron from a eldritch God-like entity into a comedic loser in Hot Topic clothing was a massive mistake. If there's a clear yin to Bran's yang it's Euron. They both had visions from the three eyed raven, they both have the ability to see visions of the future/past...he should have been the final Big Bad. An unrepentant, uncontrollable madman working towards ending the world and almost certainly working with or trying to help the Others.

Not to mention the fact that the Long Night apparently was like...two nights. And seemingly the rest of the world didn't know it happened. You could have had damn near an entire season of winter, everywhere. With Jon and his forces trying to hold back the Others at various places before ultimately retreating to Winterfell for the final battle. Or Cersei violating the truce by sending troops north during the Long Night to take castles. Or Dorne attacking King's Landing first in response to...you know...their entire ruling house being abducted and killed. All types of shyt could have happened that would be more compelling.