Rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning and..

Foxmulder

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Long Island,NY
No offense, these types of posts are wild to me because I was there along with everyone else. I remember sitting through a lot of the final two seasons like :unimpressed: and then going :dahell: at the final 15 minutes of the show....

But to me it don't kill off the GOAT level seasons that came before it. This is why I'm running it back. It's so good :banderas:
I’ll try again one day. Maybe it was too soon after season 8 I attempted the rewatch.:yeshrug:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I’ll try again one day. Maybe it was too soon after season 8 I attempted the rewatch.:yeshrug:

I agree with your previous take…it was a lot of time and definitely some emotions involved as I became invested in this well-crafted story and these characters and their growth, the family history/backstories, the lore behind this whole world that was created…and honestly, I don’t want to go thru the whole series again KNOWING what it’s gonna build up to…for me a full series rewatch feels like a waste of time…and there’s no sense in me just watching the first 4 seasons…I tried doing a rewatch during the pandemic and I think I stopped after the first or second episode…it was great to be reminded of these characters early on knowing the hardships they’re going to face but then it quickly turned to disappointment as the ending was still fresh on my mind and I didn’t feel like wasting my time or going thru the entire journey again just to work my way toward that shytty ending (talking about the last 2 seasons)…that’s just my stance on ME doing a rewatch…not speaking for anyone else

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I mentioned it before and others have now mentioned it as well.. I don't think season 5 of 'The Wire' is unwatchable but it's a pretty steep drop in quality, I still think that's one of the GOAT shows too.

TBH, not many shows have great endings.
Season 5 is still better than most shows and is where alot of the popular memes come from too.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Season 5 is still better than most shows and is where alot of the popular memes come from too.

I'm through the first four episodes of season 5 so far and I haven't seen any issues at all with it. Some people hate the whole Faith Militant thing but I don't and you're right it's gonna be real meme heavy like "shame!" is coming down the road lol. I just seen a guy post that meme on here yesterday.

A lot of this so far is just setup with Snow becoming that guy in the Night's Watch and Roose Bolton table setting in the North.

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
04SJzl.gif
That clip is hilarious. Missendei tried to maintain her composure but Danny & Grey Worm didn't give a fukk:russ:

Season 5 wasn’t bad but it was definitely a step below seasons 1-4. Season 6 is up there with the 1st 4 seasons. It’s my personal 2nd favorite behind season 4.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
If we gonna run around saying Wire is goat level with a Season 5 that’s unwatchable GOT has to be up there as well. They held it down and had higher highs than any other prestigious drama even though the last two seasons are mid.
Even if that's how you feel, it's still not the same as two almost unwatchable seasons (besides the spectacle episodes for entertainment purposes), AND two more debatable seasons.

Yeah, they have more seasons to be graded/judged but that's their fault. That's why most top tier shows (especially on HBO) tried to end around 4-5 before shyt get too unrecognizable.

FukkaPaidEmail

Retired Hoodrat whisperer
Daps
Reppin
The Diaspora
Even if that's how you feel, it's still not the same as two almost unwatchable seasons (besides the spectacle episodes for entertainment purposes), AND two more debatable seasons.

Yeah, they have more seasons to be graded/judged but that's their fault. That's why most top tier shows (especially on HBO) tried to end around 4-5 before shyt get too unrecognizable.
If season 6 of GOt is “debatable” then Season 2 of the wire is “debatable” as well because plenty ppl look at that season sideways.

Battle of the b*stards >>>>> anything season 2 produced.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
I'm through the first four episodes of season 5 so far and I haven't seen any issues at all with it. Some people hate the whole Faith Militant thing but I don't and you're right it's gonna be real meme heavy like "shame!" is coming down the road lol. I just seen a guy post that meme on here yesterday.

A lot of this so far is just setup with Snow becoming that guy in the Night's Watch and Roose Bolton table setting in the North.
My fault I was talking about Wire Season 5.

I really have no problems with GOT prior to the last season except for the Dorne story line and Dany and Jon lacking some chemistry. Really didn't have an issue with the final season until the second half of the night war. After that it's literally the worst writing in fiction history. Acting, directing, and cinematography are still top notch but it's pretty much unwatchable because of the story.

I feel like adaptations don't need to be one to one and can deviate but damn if you lose the essence of it all why even try? I felt the same way watching that Cowboy Bebop joint.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
S6 was great but for different reasons other than what made S1-4 great imo…S6 felt like the “payoff” season…S5 was ok…I felt book readers at the time were doing a little TOO much nitpicking since that season was where the show began to largely deviate from the books…but some complaints had merit tho…S7 was “tolerable” with the expectation that S8 would be great and that those seasons were meant to be a “package” so myself and few others kinda held back judgment until S8…but then S8 turned out to be pretty bad and looking back so was S7

Last edited: