Rewatching Game of Thrones from the beginning and..

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
giphy.gif

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
The first four seasons are terrific television.
Things go off rails really fast, and it gives us what we got. As a complete series it’s not competing with the likes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos etc..

I wish D&D weren’t so damn selfish and just handed the series off to a new show runner.
We could’ve had greatness.:snoop:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Things go off rails really fast, and it gives us what we got.
i dont think it fell off as bad as people said it did :dead:

maybe because the show's not in my top 5, but i didnt think 7 and 8 were THAT much worse than the beginning of the show

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
Things go off rails really fast, and it gives us what we got. As a complete series it’s not competing with the likes of Breaking Bad, The Wire, The Sopranos etc..

I just did a 'The Wire' rewatch before this... season 5 bro.... :ld: I don't wanna go too off topic but... I mean I'll say this much, I liked how they kinda tied everything up at the end but that season 5 is not anywhere close to 1-4. It's actively bad in spots.

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps
Robert Baratheon literally tells ned in episode 1 or 2 exactly what Danerys will do when they stop for that picnic. Like, he foreshadows everything that will happen if she has a dragon. He didn't need a red witch or to look into the fire...he knew she needed to die ASAP.
i have no clue what you're talking about. :camby:you out here posting like Daenerys got her dragon and burned the entire city of King's Landing alive or something. You must've got a defective copy, my brother. The series ends with her and Jon Snow ruling Westeros in peace as husband and wife after killing Cersei and the night king. They've got 3 Targaryen kids and found more dragons and everyone lived happily ever after. Bobby ain't call shyt. :ufdup:

Warren Peace

Superstar
Daps

I wish D&D weren’t so damn selfish and just handed the series off to a new show runner.
We could’ve had greatness.:snoop:
s5 is when it fell off

if you know you know

The Wolf Among You

Superstar
Daps
i dont think it fell off as bad as people said it did :dead:

maybe because the show's not in my top 5, but i didnt think 7 and 8 were THAT much worse than the beginning of the show

Blasphemy.:pacspit:

I just did a 'The Wire' rewatch before this... season 5 bro.... :ld: I don't wanna go too off topic but... I mean I'll say this much, I liked how they kinda tied everything up at the end but that season 5 is not anywhere close to 1-4. It's actively bad in spots.

I rewatched The Wire like three months ago, and I can agree season 5 was not as well written as the other seasons, but here’s where it differs from GoT.

GoT final seasons are plagued with not just bad writing, but consistent bad writing.
Plot holes, character arc assassination, fan service, dropped subplots, retcons etc..
The wire season 5 never had the lows GoT seasons 6-8 had.

Grey Worm agreed to send Jon Snow beyond the wall when they just defeated the sole reason why beyond the wall was ever seen as punishment. And then the nikka didn’t even stick around to enforce the punishment. Like, what the fukk was season 8?!

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
nothing will ever top the battle of the b*stards and that was season 6, its not like the last couple seasons were a total wash, it had some epic moments sprinkled throughout

I think its just really hard to balance the political drama side with the high fantasy side, and unfortunately the latter had to scale up eventually but made the first few seasons more interesting plot lines seem trivial in the end

House of The Dragon has been balancing it a lot better imo but thats because the Dragons were in it from the start so they didn’t have to do much to work them into the plot line.

theres almost no fantasy in the first 4 seasons of game of thrones. The most you got were the giants at the wall, and hints of white walkers. By season 8 it was like dragons, white walkers, giants, shape shifters, stone men, p*ssy monsters, whatever Gregor ended up as, etc.

Probably why they didn’t bother with Lady Stoneheart.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think its just really hard to balance the political drama side with the high fantasy side, and unfortunately the latter had to scale up eventually but made the first few seasons more interesting plot lines seem trivial in the end

Yes they had to ramp up the fantasy elements eventually but a lot of the eventual outcomes came one right after another with no slow down because those idiots wanted to cram everything into a few episodes and be done with it by that point. But I'm not there yet so I'll save that for later.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
nothing will ever top the battle of the b*stards and that was season 6, its not like the last couple seasons were a total wash, it had some epic moments sprinkled throughout

House of The Dragon has been balancing it a lot better imo but thats because the Dragons were in it from the start so they didn’t have to do much to work them into the plot line.

theres almost no fantasy in the first 4 seasons of game of thrones. The most you got were the giants at the wall, and hints of white walkers. By season 8 it was like dragons, white walkers, giants, shape shifters, stone men, p*ssy monsters, whatever Gregor ended up as, etc.

Probably why they didn’t bother with Lady Stoneheart.
The first season of House of the Dragon was ass. :ld: