Revisiting the Final Fantasy XIII series

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

peep how dude destroyed this boss. he put two aggression paradigms on his team because every 13 seconds you can paradigm shift and it fills your atb gauge in full as soon as you do it. he staggered this boss one time and killed it by juggling between two of the same paradigms.

this game ain't even about levels if you think things through you can come up with a strategy to beat anything in it.

MewTwo

Freeing Pokemon From Their Masters Since 1996
Daps
Reppin
Cerulean Cave
I can't take anyone seriously who praises this game. It's like you're saying, "Hey! Look at me! My opinion is different from the majority I'm so cool!"

Good graphics and music doesn't make a game. It seems that everyone who legitimately likes the game can't look past the million dollar budget graphics.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The Eidolon summons were my only gripe with this game. They were borderline useless.

Spatial Paradox

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
i wouldn't call her boring as much as cliche. that strictly business devoted to the task of being a soldier and overly serious archetype has been done to death. the problem is as a character she's properly developed in XIII and by the end of it she's a much softer nicer person but in XIII-2 she seems to have become stagnate.

that scene to me shows how far she came from the total bytch she was at the beginning of the game. Cloud never changed at all, never developed. Even at the end of Advent Children he was till the exact same.

I agree with the rest of your post, but the bolded requires you to have not been paying attention to the plot while playing VII. Cloud at the end of the game was a very different character than he was at the beginning (Advent Children did toss his development out the window).

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
I'm gonna attempt to beat XIII this weekend and see if i can finish XIII-2 next weekend before Lightning Returns comes out so two games in 12 days (really 13 cause i started yesterday).

Playing through XIII i don't see why people were so butthurt about this game. Yeah its linear as hell and yeah many of the characters have annoying quirks but i'd say i'm enjoying it as much my second go-round as i did my first and i'm noticing way more stuff.

one of the weird things about the game is half the store is told through the datalogs and if you don't read them the game probably makes zero sense. Lightning is also a real @sshole. I mean she makes Squall look like a nice guy in comparison. If that was my sister I'd distance myself from her but maybe she treats Serah nice.
What's the way more stuff you've noticed?

@winb83; Answer my question fool.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I can't take anyone seriously who praises this game. It's like you're saying, "Hey! Look at me! My opinion is different from the majority I'm so cool!"

Good graphics and music doesn't make a game. It seems that everyone who legitimately likes the game can't look past the million dollar budget graphics.
This game is like you're a little kid and you want a pet dog and your mom brings home a pet cat. most kids aren't gonna be like "thanks for the cat mom just what i wanted" they'll be righteously indignant towards the cat and shut it out.

there's nothing wrong with people liking this game. if i don't like the NHL or hockey and i buy NHL 14 then shyt on it i bought a game that wasn't for me in the first place doesn't mean its a bad game though. if you don't like cinematic high budget style RPGs that are mostly linear you aren't gonna like this one.

most of the people that don't like this game simply resent it because its not in the style they wanted. something not being what you want doesn't make it bad. i wanted my dad to give me everything i asked for and he didn't doesn't make him a bad father.

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
This game is like you're a little kid and you want a pet dog and your mom brings home a pet cat. most kids aren't gonna be like "thanks for the cat mom just what i wanted" they'll be righteously indignant towards the cat and shut it out.

there's nothing wrong with people liking this game. if i don't like the NHL or hockey and i buy NHL 14 then shyt on it i bought a game that wasn't for me in the first place doesn't mean its a bad game though. if you don't like cinematic high budget style RPGs that are mostly linear you aren't gonna like this one.

most of the people that don't like this game simply resent it because its not in the style they wanted. something not being what you want doesn't make it bad. i wanted my dad to give me everything i asked for and he didn't doesn't make him a bad father.

:why:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The scene near the end of the game when they get turned into fal'cie or whatever and they all overcome it though the power of friendship or some bullshyt.
they refused to do their focus and ran out of time so they turned into Cie'th (except Fang who's brand was scorched) and Etro intervenes and turns the back. wasn't the power of friendship it was divine intervention. Etro is also the one that stopped Ragnarok (Fang) from destroying Coc00n and scorched her brand and lastly she removes the party from Crystal stasis at the end of the game after they defeat Orphan completing their focus. that last act is why Lightning got sucked into Valhalla which was the start of XIII-2
besides this is the most cringe-worthy scene in Final Fantasy history

blackslash

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
This game is trash I couldnt finish this annoying ass game

I absolutely hated these bytch ass whiny self righteous fakkits

The worst most annoying main cast Ive ever had to witness

The biggest struggle in this game was deciding mid-boss battle whether I wanted to kill the boss or let my characters die simply because these mufckaz deserved not one more second of breath

Hated this sht :pacspit:

Confusing ass story too

Disgusting game :pacspit:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
This game is trash I couldnt finish this annoying ass game

I absolutely hated these bytch ass whiny self righteous fakkits

The worst most annoying main cast Ive ever had to witness

The biggest struggle in this game was deciding mid-boss battle whether I wanted to kill the boss or let my characters die simply because these mufckaz deserved not one more second of breath

Hated this sht :pacspit:

Confusing ass story too

Disgusting game :pacspit:
Too dumb to understand the story :lolbron:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Good: Sahz, Fang, visuals, boss fights

Bad: horrible main villain, super shytty supporting cast, Snow and Hope but HOPE/LIGHT/FANG is superior to every other team and there is no reason to use another one. Not one sub/sidekick villian worth it, 5 had Gilgamesh, 6 had Ultros, 7 had the Turks and Shira ect. The story drags on with the sequels, Lightning is as charismatic as a stone.
Light/Sazh/Vanille >>>>>