Revisiting the Final Fantasy XIII series

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
You right, breh. I felt dude was the easiest one to relate to and his goals made sense since he was trying to help his son. The only other one I felt was tolerable was Snow. I just can't believe they made THREE games to this series, while we are still waiting on Versus.

:camby:And fukk that lil prick Hope...

Sazh was dope...but I also liked Fang :ld:

Hope was a pure fakkit, and Square gotta stop trying to make Lightning the next Cloud.

Didn't mind the battle system too much, but it could've been way better. The paradigm shift idea was cool in X-2 but XIII mastered the idea. The whole control one character shyt though was whack.

King Koopa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The 8-4 and fiery moats
Sazh was dope...but I also liked Fang :ld:

Hope was a pure fakkit, and Square gotta stop trying to make Lightning the next Cloud.

Didn't mind the battle system too much, but it could've been way better. The paradigm shift idea was cool in X-2 but XIII mastered the idea. The whole control one character shyt though was whack.
Oh yeah I forgot about Fang lol...

For me it's Sazh>Fang>Snow>Lightning>Vanille>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hope

And yeah Square is really trying hard to push Lightning on us...

Freedman

Choppers For Karate Nggas
Daps
Reppin
Louisiana
13 was my first final fantasy game and rpg besides pokemon and shyt was mad hard for me I think I ended up using an IGN guide the whole time, I don't see how you bros do it :lupe:

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
13 was my first final fantasy game and rpg besides pokemon and shyt was mad hard for me I think I ended up using an IGN guide the whole time, I don't see how you bros do it :lupe:
man you gotta just know what you doing man shyt wasn't that hard once you masterd how to shift and switch paradigm when you needed to it was a breeze and after you get to cp & exp egg too

Versa

American Weirdo
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Snow's theme >>>>

Main FF13 battle theme >>>>

FF13-2 paradigm shift battle theme (one of best battle themes I've ever heard)>>>>>

FF 13-2 Historia Crux theme was also incredible

FF 13-2 has a lot of genuinely beautiful music IMO. I got to about the halfway point and then got caught up in some other games. Going to finish it. Tomb Raider, Batman: Arkham Origins, Lightning Returns: FF13 and Titan Fall will be my 360 send off games.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I loved it. I completed FF13 relatively quickly but I haven't really gotten into FF13-2, maybe 4 chapters in. I really should complete it before. Lightning Returns comes out.

The battle system was a lot more refined compared to FF12 (that game was piff as well) and they really did find the median between turn-based like we're used to and the combat system in the KH series.

I really like how in depth they went with the character roles and how important upgrading the characters properly was. I turned Hope into Yen Sid with the wizardry :blessed:

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Didn't play ffxiii-2, but I will be getting Lightning Returns. But to put this slip in for time off work and go in. I haven't played an RPG in a minute so I'm fiending.

Clapsteel O'Neal

put a red dot on your head like a hindu
Daps
Reppin
NULL
FFXIII had the worst main cast of any FF I've played :yeshrug:

I stopped playing the game when they got to that house that got raided at night? I just couldn't take the weak story and characters anymore. The game just wasn't working for me after I realised I was thinking in my head "this dude is such a b1tch ass nicca :childplease:" after every scene,

I was kool with the battle system though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I loved it. I completed FF13 relatively quickly but I haven't really gotten into FF13-2, maybe 4 chapters in. I really should complete it before. Lightning Returns comes out.

The battle system was a lot more refined compared to FF12 (that game was piff as well) and they really did find the median between turn-based like we're used to and the combat system in the KH series.

I really like how in depth they went with the character roles and how important upgrading the characters properly was. I turned Hope into Yen Sid with the wizardry :blessed:
Don't play Lightning Returns until you beat XIII-2. Hell even the demo spoils parts of XIII-2 and the ending to that game was insane. I loved it but many people were pissed. Its not a traditional game ending to say the least.

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
I hear good things about 13-2 and I actually bought it but returned it before opening it. 13 left a bad bad taste in my mouth. It was just completely linear for entirely too long. The characters for the most part were terrible. I don't see why they're pushing Lightning so much. She's almost as boring as Cloud, and I know Cloud is an iconic timeless character blah blah blah, but he also is the blueprint for every boring mysterious JRPG hero/heroine.

Kinda makes me wanna retry it tho.

Buuuttt....think I'm gonna just smoke this loud and play FF6 for the first time.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I hear good things about 13-2 and I actually bought it but returned it before opening it. 13 left a bad bad taste in my mouth. It was just completely linear for entirely too long. The characters for the most part were terrible. I don't see why they're pushing Lightning so much. She's almost as boring as Cloud, and I know Cloud is an iconic timeless character blah blah blah, but he also is the blueprint for every boring mysterious JRPG hero/heroine.

Kinda makes me wanna retry it tho.

Buuuttt....think I'm gonna just smoke this loud and play FF6 for the first time.
i wouldn't call her boring as much as cliche. that strictly business devoted to the task of being a soldier and overly serious archetype has been done to death. the problem is as a character she's properly developed in XIII and by the end of it she's a much softer nicer person but in XIII-2 she seems to have become stagnate.

that scene to me shows how far she came from the total bytch she was at the beginning of the game. Cloud never changed at all, never developed. Even at the end of Advent Children he was till the exact same.

Aizen

Absolute Sovereign
Daps
Reppin
Liberia, Madagascar
I enjoyed FF13 and FF13-2. I liked the party synergy in 13 but it became obvious after the Fang/Lightning/Hope party wore off that most speed testers used Fang (leader)/Snow/Lightning to do turtle runs. When it comes to 13-2, I missed the larger party dynamic but I loved making overpowered monsters. Some people used to struggle for hours to beat Gilgamesh in the coliseum but overpowered V-Lighting or chichu builds could crush him in minutes.

I have ordered FF 13: Lightning returns and played the demo a few days ago. I really enjoyed it.

Brief Keef

Superstar
Daps
i wouldn't call her boring as much as cliche. that strictly business devoted to the task of being a soldier and overly serious archetype has been done to death. the problem is as a character she's properly developed in XIII and by the end of it she's a much softer nicer person but in XIII-2 she seems to have become stagnate.

that scene to me shows how far she came from the total bytch she was at the beginning of the game. Cloud never changed at all, never developed. Even at the end of Advent Children he was till the exact same.

Lightning just needed some dikk :manny: