NULL
c10e321738e6c28a130110e648484f93-650-80.jpg

4a231c444908cb91f4b8d5af1353be8c

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't really care for Lightning Returns. The cameos were cool but the plot was predictable and the ending was corny to me.

I lik e the gameplay. They had a lot of good ideas for this game and with a bigger budget it could have been great. As is its just mediocre.

The story reminds me of the last season of lost. Very generic way to end a series.

I'm about halfway through.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
WRPGs usually offer actual freedom. something like Skyrim gives you so many options that could be considered freedom. a JRPG usually has very limited options. what people call freedom is mostly running from room to room in towns looking for chests or repetitive fighting of monsters over and over again looking for rare drops.

i guess i didn't have as many issues with XIII because i play JRPGs for the main quest and that's about it. when playing Fallout or a game like that i'll do side quest because they actually feel fleshed out and relevant.

As for the plot of the other games

XIII-2 spoilers
i'm kinda fuzzy on XIII-2 but i remember there was a chick that could see the future. I don't know why but Etro gave her tribe a single member with the "eyes of Etro" that would let them see the future at the expense of shortening their life span. then the chick dies she's reincarnated and Etro made this guy Caius her semi-immortal guardian and he got sick of watching her die over and over again so he ended up fooling Serah and Noel into killing him. his life was linked to Etro's and when he died she died she gave him her heart and he couldn't kill himself. Etro in this alternate realm (the unseen world) prevents chaos (some type of negative energy substance) from crossing over to the normal world and when Caius is "killed" Etro dies and the gates open and chaos spills over into the regular world. Time ceases to exist and the chick stops dying. Serah also has these "eyes of Etro" and when the gates open she gets hit with an overwhelming vision that eats up all her remaining lifespan and she drops dead.

before Caius is killed he was fighting Lightning who was seemed to be Etro's chosen successor and Lightning realizes if she kills Caius what will happen so she stops fighting him and falls into despair over the fact that if he dies the gates will open and Serah will die. Lightning plops down on Etro's throne and goes into voluntary Crystal stasis just accepting her inevitable L and hoping she wakes up in better days.

moderate Lightning Returns Spoilers
In Lightning Returns i guess (haven't played it obviously) the main God (Bhunivelze) that kills his mother wakes Lightning up at the end of days when chaos is about to destroy the normal world and gives her the task of gathering human souls as a savior (to guide them over to a new world?) at some point Lightning realizes Bhunivelze is up to some foul shyt and turns on him. all i know is Bhunivelze is the final boss of the game.
Do they really only give u 48 hours to beat the game?

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this, Lightning Returns was definitely the hardest RPG for me to play. Now I didn't fukk with RPGs in the 90s so I'm sure there are some from back then that were harder, but a couple of bosses in LR got on my fukking nerves. Caius was hard as shyt, beat him on pure luck. The last hit a landed on him did dumb damage for some reason. If that wouldn't have happened he would have definitely killed with his next hit and I don't think I would have been able to get that close again. The final boss was stupid hard too. I had to restart from a certain point and do more so I would be strong of enough to beat him. Thank god for someone suggesting that I use the equilibrium+ garb because I probably would have never figured that garb would work. Stats on that garb weren't shyt, but you needed that extra stagger boost. LR was first game in a while that I really had to try hard.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I will say this, Lightning Returns was definitely the hardest RPG for me to play. Now I didn't fukk with RPGs in the 90s so I'm sure there are some from back then that were harder, but a couple of bosses in LR got on my fukking nerves. Caius was hard as shyt, beat him on pure luck. The last hit a landed on him did dumb damage for some reason. If that wouldn't have happened he would have definitely killed with his next hit and I don't think I would have been able to get that close again. The final boss was stupid hard too. I had to restart from a certain point and do more so I would be strong of enough to beat him. Thank god for someone suggesting that I use the equilibrium+ garb because I probably would have never figured that garb would work. Stats on that garb weren't shyt, but you needed that extra stagger boost. LR was first game in a while that I really had to try hard.

first time i faced noel he beat the shyt outta me. couldnt believe he was that difficult. im on day 6 and i finally beat him but part of the problem was i didnt know you have to actually time your blocks and not just hold it down like i been doiing. the battle system and customization in this game is piff, but it only really shines during boss fights

i beat the dead dunes boss pretty easily. im about to go fight snow and i dont think hell be too hard, but i heard caius is a bytch. by the way :camby: at them bringing caius bakc in this game, such a cheap thing to do, caius' story ended perfectly in xiii-2

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first time i faced noel he beat the shyt outta me. couldnt believe he was that difficult. im on day 6 and i finally beat him but part of the problem was i didnt know you have to actually time your blocks and not just hold it down like i been doiing. the battle system and customization in this game is piff, but it only really shines during boss fights

i beat the dead dunes boss pretty easily. im about to go fight snow and i dont think hell be too hard, but i heard caius is a bytch. by the way :camby: at them bringing caius bakc in this game, such a cheap thing to do, caius' story ended perfectly in xiii-2
Yeah get ready for Caius. Do everything you can to get stronger. That nikka does not play. Get that soldier of peace garb because you're gonna need that Artemis' Arrow skill. That was the move I hit him with to end that fight.

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Man, sazh really gets the short end of the stick in these games. He's in xiii-2 for two seconds , and his main quest in LR is just a fetch quest with the essentially the same storyline from the first game :beli:

Meanwhile bytch ass hope gets more airtime than anyone besides lightning

Czerka

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
alright, finished LR, here's my final review of these three games:

XIII: 8/10. incredibly progressive and fun combat system. brings JRPG combat to the modern era. great cast overall and character development overall. some of the dialogue is cheesy but it works well for the most part. they spend so much time developing the characters the plot suffers. no real villain to get excited about. the final dungeon is somewhat disappointing compared to past FF games, didn't really have an epic feel to it. but the ending is very satisfying and the soundtrack to this game is one of the GOAt

XIII-2: 7/10. I did not like this game at first but it grew on me. The story is very convoluted and doesn't make much sense, but Caius takes it to another level. serah and noel are both likeable characters. the whole monster shyt was fun too but it can be tedious if you don't pick the right monsters to level up, which i didn't. the soundtrack has some real gems on it, but some real shytshows too. anyways, my real problem with this game was the dungeon/level design. augusta tower and the last dungeon are both unnecessarily painful to get through. not in a fun way. they heard all the complaints about the linear dungeons from the first game and overcorrected IMO.

LR: 5/10. If you're really a fan of this series and of lightning then id bump it to a 6/10. i liked the dark humor in this game and i liked lightning playing the straight man to all the silly shyt going down. also, i thought this was the best incarnation of the combat in the series. the boss fights are extremely satisfying and fun and challenging, :whew: :whew: :whew: whenever you beat them. unfortunately most of the quests are boring and there's no real point to fighting normal monsters. also, i thought they made the last boss too easy by giving you something at the end of the game. overall, i liked the concepts in this game of an open world, but there obivously wasn't enough of a budget to fully execute it properly

i got emotional at the end with all the trials where they show all the places lightning's been and played all the old tracks :to: this series gets too much hate, they learned their lesson with each game, and now i'm looking forward to FFXV

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All 3 One X enhanced now if u got the discs or you can get em in the store.