Revisiting the Final Fantasy XIII series

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
It was a hard game to even enjoy....let alone like. From Lightning trying to be the second coming of Cloud, to how cringey the rest of the cast was. From the c00n with a chocobo nest afro to the try hard attempts at characters from the past like Zell and Payne, it was all so lukewarm. Even the story is recycled, except that Terra is an actual summon and Lightning is a human imbued with some high tier power. Its like they tired to merge Terra, Cloud and Squall (gunblade) into one character, and got the complete opposite of all of them combined....the walking void.

Then there's the brainless battle system. I honestly think I used 5 potions through my whole playthough. I get people don't like to micromanage but holy fukk is the battle system just boring and brainless.

I enjoyed the sequel, as it added pokemon (pet) element, even if the two main characters were dull and the corridor adventures continued.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
XIII had a bad story but it was a better story than XIII-2s:picard:
XIII-2 has one of the greatest endings I've ever seen in a video game. It was the ultimate troll ending. The good guys lost completely on every level. They didn't catch one break anywhere.

XIII-2 also had better gameplay.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
XIII-2 has one of the greatest endings I've ever seen in a video game. It was the ultimate troll ending. The good guys lost completely on every level. They didn't catch one break anywhere.

XIII-2 also had better gameplay.

They honestly should've called the series FF: Emo....with Caius being the poster boy. It was like watching Naruto all over again.