Restaurant Steak 48 charging a $100 minimum per head

ThiefyPoo

Trill
Supporter
Daps
Couple I’ve been to and enjoyed

-Charleston (Fine French Dining)

-Puerto 511 (Peruvian food)

-Water for Chocolate (black owned spot, probably one of my favorite spots. You gotta try their Jerk Chicken and Waffles with the blueberry compot)

-Azumi (upscale Japanese)

-La Chuchara (Basque food, found it quite adventurous)

-Aldo’s Ristorante (Italian food)

There’s a bunch more but I’d have to dig my memory lol.

I find the Baltimore food scene to be far more adventurous than DC. DC errs on the side of playing it cool.

The Italian food in Bmore is surprisingly very very good. It’d give some spots in NYC and Philly a run for their money.

Report back when you go.
Good look imma try a couple of these .

Rusty scupper crab cabs are A1!!!

Stoney river steakhouse is bomb .

Loch bar has good drink and food .

Y’all in here still arguing about attire .

I show up to Eddie V’s in a whole nike sweat suit and spend $500 :russ:.

The rules posted aren’t even crazy and most likely you’re not wearing that to the restaurant .

It’s just because someone is telling you what not to wear .

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Because they go hand and hand. One day, out the blue, they trot out big ass signs to announce policy changes. Both those changes combined say to me “keep them nikkas up out of here”

If it was one or the other, I’d still say fukk them. But they went all in. News media wouldn’t be picking this up just for a dress code. The code PLUS the limit says they are doing something weird and you know what conclusion most people will come to. It wasn’t for Biff and Sally.
did the news media pick this up because it's nefarious or because Social Media made it an issue and the news is always waveriding to be relevant? :usure: all the headlines i see about this are referencing the debate it has caused online

furthermore, as i've said multiple times, we're reopening after a year of L's for restaurants, that placed opened in 2019 so it was still new, that's that timeframe where people start hearing about it and want to go for whatever reasons. if they've found folks are coming there just to stunt and be in the building, wasting time and also can't dress for the level of "formality" they expect from their guests, nothing wrong with setting an expectation that you do some form of dining in full and dress correctly. when you start a restaurant, you know the economics of it and what you expect as the average customer spend, you also know the dining tier you're in, this place wants to stop the nonsense now, and i don't have an issue with it. people can have hurt feelings, but their target clientele are not tripping on either as they'd be spending money and dressed correctly anyway

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The $100 minimum isn’t that big of a deal since those places are pretty expensive anyway. The dress code is pretty funny though.

plates are prob overpriced.

i've been to many restaurants and i rarely spend that much on myself.

this is about trying to keep their space the way they want it and hoping to make it unappealing to people they consider undesirable. that pricing plus the dress code tells it.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
wendys-5-biggie-bag-youtube-promo.png

:win:
Over 250 daps :wow:

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps
https://www.eatatblkswan.com/menu
Couple I’ve been to and enjoyed

-Charleston (Fine French Dining)

-Puerto 511 (Peruvian food)

-Water for Chocolate (black owned spot, probably one of my favorite spots. You gotta try their Jerk Chicken and Waffles with the blueberry compot)

-Azumi (upscale Japanese)

-La Chuchara (Basque food, found it quite adventurous)

-Aldo’s Ristorante (Italian food)

There’s a bunch more but I’d have to dig my memory lol.

I find the Baltimore food scene to be far more adventurous than DC. DC errs on the side of playing it cool.

The Italian food in Bmore is surprisingly very very good. It’d give some spots in NYC and Philly a run for their money.

Report back when you go.

Thanks bro

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Bmore definitely has better food and so does philly. No cap, but DC food is quite disappointing, even when I lived here the first time years ago, I was always disappointed eating out. I’ve just calibrated my mind to know a 4 star place on Yelp out here ain’t hitting like a 4 star in the bay. Fiola mare was the first and only place to wow me/live up to the hype

y’all got trash bbq in this region too :ufdup:

DC just started getting decent with the food scene and even then, its just there. It’s gonna take some time to shed that its image has just a gov’t city with no soul or culture.

One my mentor’s friend is in the restaurant industry and he said a lot of chefs would try their concepts in Baltimore/Philly before running up to NYC.

I heard the Bay is 2nd behind NYC for their food scene. I’ll be finding out pretty soon

That rent though :francis:

Good look imma try a couple of these

Really recommend Water for Chocolate. That dude knows what he’s doing.

Damn, this thread got me wanting to map out a gastronomic tour of Bmore :russ:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
DC just started getting decent with the food scene and even then, its just there. It’s gonna take some time to shed that its image has just a gov’t city with no soul or culture.

One my mentor’s friend is in the restaurant industry and he said a lot of chefs would try their concepts in Baltimore/Philly before running up to NYC.

I heard the Bay is 2nd behind NYC for their food scene. I’ll be finding out pretty soon

That rent though :francis:

Really recommend Water for Chocolate. That dude knows what he’s doing.

Damn, this thread got me wanting to map out a gastronomic tour of Bmore :russ:
yea, expensive cities make it hard to open restaurants. DC gets left behind as like you said, philly and bmore are more economical starting out and if you build your name, makes sense to hit NY. that happened with SF and oakland from about 09-16, lots of good small restaurants started up in the east bay since SF got too expensive. but the bay has great food, but cali has the GOAT food in general as we have the best produce, and I'm not kidding, nowhere in this country have i had the same level of produce, especially year-round. hit the farmers markets out there or if you have a chance, go to berkeley bowl and hit their produce section, 19 types of mushrooms, 30 apple varieties, 15 types of peppers, etc. i def miss the produce from home

L. Deezy

Veteran
Daps

whoaaa.. bro..lol

I dont think thats fair. Take out all the clout chasing restaurants like Mastros, Del Frisco etc... its hella food spots thats bomb for everyday dining prices. Old Town Alexandria is bomb with Black Wall Hitch and Chart House as the staple with pubs and bars surrounding..seafood..

Magnolias for New Orleans style food is the greatest place ever..my gawd!!

MAGNOLIA’S ON KING (@magnoliasonkingst) • Instagram photos and videos

In DC you got U St and 14th St.. Adams Morgan especially for cultural shyt.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I don’t think nikkas ever saw DC in this light

whoaaa.. bro..lol

I dont think thats fair.

I should qualify a bit more. DC to outsiders is seen as a city full of lawyers, bureaucrats and government workers. Kind of a "buttoned up" vibe. It's not the first city people think of when trying demo products in fashion, gastronomy etc

hit the farmers markets out there or if you have a chance, go to berkeley bowl and hit their produce section, 19 types of mushrooms, 30 apple varieties, 15 types of peppers, etc. i def miss the produce from home

Duly noted

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
whoaaa.. bro..lol

I dont think thats fair. Take out all the clout chasing restaurants like Mastros, Del Frisco etc... its hella food spots thats bomb for everyday dining prices. Old Town Alexandria is bomb with Black Wall Hitch and Chart House as the staple with pubs and bars surrounding..seafood..

Magnolias for New Orleans style food is the greatest place ever..my gawd!!

MAGNOLIA’S ON KING (@magnoliasonkingst) • Instagram photos and videos

In DC you got U St and 14th St.. Adams Morgan especially for cultural shyt.
If we’re talking DC proper, nah, DC isn’t a good food city. That doesn’t mean things are trash but there’s nothing to write home about. NoVa does have some better places. And I went to the magnolias in Leesburg or wherever, it was good, not best shyt ever status